closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Me again Omega boutique deal smp

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Currently in the manchester boutique. They will do 8% and a rubber strap or nato. I thought this was a bad deal
    BUY IT! END THIS SAGA!

Journeyman
    You’re in the shop and haggling but pause to post on the forum and get other people’s opinions?I bet the salesman will give you the very best deal possible just to get you out the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Current climate - if you want to buy from an Omega Boutique - take it mate.. We expect the next post from you is a wrist shot of your purchase
    Getting anything off at a Boutique is good going as they usually will not discount. Not that there's any chance he'll actually buy it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    …Not that there's any chance he'll actually buy it.
    Sadly true. Maybe if we don’t feed it, it will get bored and leave us alone.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    So wrist shot or it didn't hapen again...

Journeyman
    I need the blue 300m at £3500. £356 off and a strap that costs omega probably £30 is not a good deal. I need the watch by the end of may at the latest. Anyone know of anywhere. A kind gent on here pointed out the white one on chrono24 at £3600 I would buy that if it was blue. I will be posting all pictures when I get one

Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    I need the blue 300m at £3500. £356 off and a strap that costs omega probably £30 is not a good deal. I need the watch by the end of may at the latest. Anyone know of anywhere. A kind gent on here pointed out the white one on chrono24 at £3600 I would buy that if it was blue. I will be posting all pictures when I get one
    Rrp is £4450. 20% off would be £3560 and I think you'll struggle to get that from a bricks and mortar shop. As I've said three times before the absolute best I could do was 18% at £3649 back in October. If you 'need' it to be £3500 you should probably be looking at used examples.

Master
    The strap may have cost Omega £30 but it retails for upwards of £100 for the nato if I remember correctly (no idea what the rubber sells for but I imagine it's even more than the nato cost). So in fact you're talking about £356 + another £100 or more, so not a bad offer (especially from a Boutique as Martyn points out).

You say you need it by the end of May at £3500. Even if you're getting 20% discount from new then at current RRP of £4450 (taken from the Goldsmiths website) you're still going to have to pay just above your limit. I can't remember if it was said here on one of your other threads but 20% is a very good discount and most people are unlikely to achieve that.

Out of interest, why do you need the watch by the end of May at the latest? Genuinely curious.
    Last edited by andy100; 1st May 2021 at 19:18.

I need the blue 300m at £3500.
    If you’re unencumbered by reality, why stop there. You could need one of those green Pateks for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    If you’re unencumbered by reality, why stop there. You could need one of those green Pateks for the same price.
    Genuine lol

Master
    Must have given his carers the slip this afternoon.

Journeyman
    It's a 40th birthday. I could get the tudor but I think the omega looks so much better. I cant get over the brand factor and every single review I've watched or read says the omega is a lot lot better. So if I can get the omega at 3500 I can justify the extra 700

It's a 40th birthday. I could get the tudor but I think the omega looks so much better. I cant get over the brand factor and every single review I've watched or read says the omega is a lot lot better. So if I can get the omega at 3500 I can justify the extra 700
    I am sure you will enjoy the Tudor, it is a very nice watch!

Master
    So you've narrowed your choice down to the Omega. Now forget about the Tudor and any comparison with 'justifying' the extra £700 as it's the omega you seem to want. Rather than trying for an unrealistic price of £3500 new and not achieving it, why not save up an extra month or two and be able to buy but with a realistic discount. You're going to be 40 for a whole year, why do you need to haver it for a certain day - especially as it sounds like you're not going to be buying it on your actual birthday so I struggle to see what the rush is.

Hush now

The Omega will look dated once they change the style of the Seamaster which they do every few years.

The Tudor will keep its classic looks as not far from the Sub.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Here you go - £4000: https://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk...r_300_m_(42mm)
    Yes, they are a reputable seller.

Have you also considered a Vostok?
    Vostok all the way, with body parts included! LoL

Make an offer of 3,500 for the one on eBay at 3,995 they can only say no.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post

Beyond me why people keep entertaining this with genuine responses...

I don't know the history but this seems like a wind up thread. Appears to be working. :D

Blog Entries
    Did you look at the link I posted earlier in this thread for a blue on chrono24??????? I guess not. you are now on 'ignore' - there is a limit.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

It's a 40th birthday.
    It feels like it was your 30th birthday when your quest began

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I don't know the history but this seems like a wind up thread. Appears to be working. :D
    Here's the history of threads started by the OP for context.

I’m about to pop upstairs to the bathroom to read through this thread, but can’t decide if I need just a number 1, or maybe a number 2 as well………what’s the general consensus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’m about to pop upstairs to the bathroom to read through this thread, but can’t decide if I need just a number 1, or maybe a number 2 as well………what’s the general consensus?

Put your head in the door jamb and gradually apply pressure with the door. That should sort out if it’s a stuck no2 !

Your birthday, your money, your decision. Your opinion is the only one that matters re the watch.

On the other side when it comes to pricing and bundled incentives your opinion matters equally to the opinion of the AD. Can't have a deal without both sides being satisfied so comments like £30 strap won't go down well and will be seen at best as unappreciative, at worst as ignorant and rude. You could have sold the strap for a lot more than £30 and subtracted that from your total bill.

As it's midnight and there isn't a pic in this or the incoming thread I'll assume you left empty handed and a fresh thread will be started in due course. You're honestly like a Taylor Swift song.

One for the Ignore list - what a waster.

Saints, did you get a deal on a Mont Blanc pen in the end?

Well Saints will never be admitted to the Grand Order of TZ Serial Flippers. In order to become a member you are required to actually buy a watch and sadly Saints has failed this preliminary admission test on numerous occasions.

You are tighter than 2 coats of paint
    Last edited by Nairn1980; 2nd May 2021 at 10:22.

Need? I really need an R.W.Smith Series 3, but he won't make me one at a price I can afford.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Have you considered the Black Bay 58? That comes in budget and in blue.

If you know the TZ-UK handshake you can get 50% off at the right AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    You are tighter than 2 coats of paint
    Moans at putting a pound in a trolley at the supermarket

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Moans at putting a pound in a trolley at the supermarket

U wot m8?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Journeyman
    There will certainly be a big celebration when the OP finally buys a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    U wot m8?
    Our shopping carts/trolleys are £ operated here.

I just bought a new blue seamaster 300 on metal bracelet (210.32.42.20.03.001) off Chrono24 (NTH Ltd) for £3500, arrives next week! So OP it can be done if you can be arsed :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Our shopping carts/trolleys are £ operated here.
    Colour me surprised. I thought you used 50 cent coins for that.

* Sorry buddy but you missed it. Might be worth looking at who wrote the post that I commented on.

Tight enough to pull McDonald’s vouchers out of a bin or sell bubble bath bottles as collectibles...

It's a shame you just missed the BNIB SMP in the other forum sales section (1000+ posts required) for £3350.

Craftsman
    It's a shame you just missed the BNIB SMP in the other forum sales section (1000+ posts required) for £3350.
    I knew it....... Lol

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    That was a blue SMP though. Doesn’t the OP want white?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    That was a blue SMP though. Doesn’t the OP want white?
    I thought he wanted a BB58?

Just imagine being the person in the shop having to deal with this guy.

We think ADs have the easiest jobs in the world right now but imagine Saints turning up at your store for the 14th time, haggling for 9 hours and in the end he still doesn't even buy anything.

What a nightmare.

Craftsman
    This is like Line of Duty all over again. Much time and repetition and never getting to a conclusion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    This is like Line of Duty all over again. Much time and repetition and never getting to a conclusion.
    Yes but with Line of Duty i only wasted 7 hours of my life...with this thread i feel i have wasted a lifetime.

Journeyman
    Hi, I have asked a lot of questions. Had a lot of abuse for asking. However.... I am going with the BB58. I went to a independent today. I only asked a few questions as you guys have taught me all about the. I'm paying rrp with 0% and the free winder. It felt a lot lighter and the strap was more comfortable. For years I've looked at the 300m but I've decided it isn't for me. The tudor ticked all boxes other than it having no date. I will have the watch early june for my birthday and will enjoy sharing my pictures with you. There are some nasty people on here but also some very helpful people thank you to the helpful ones who have come on this very long journey. I also tried on the panda chrono. I didnt like the buttons on the side or the white face with white numbers and white hands to much white. I also find the white on the tudor and omega is a off white.

I will have the watch early june for my birthday and will enjoy sharing my pictures with you.
    We won't hold our breath.

I also tried on the panda chrono. I didnt like the buttons on the side …
    You mean the buttons that operate the chronograph functions? Brilliant

For a 0% deal at RRP you should ask them to throw in the first battery change for free.

Just ask them, I am sure they will go along.