closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Potential Deal - 2 Omegas and a free Longines

Journeyman

Potential Deal - 2 Omegas and a free Longines

Hi all,

I am currently over in Dubai and have been looking at the new Moonwatch with the glass back case. I am usually a Rolex guy so resales aren't as much as a consideration as you know you'll likely be in the money.

Essentially they have a deal over here that you get vouchers back web you buy Omega and it can be used for a Longines, which I have never really looked at.

The deal is

Omega Moonwatch 2021 professional O31030425001002 - £6120 per WOS
    Omega Speedmaster Racing Co Axial O32930445104001 - £7510 per WOS

Comes with enough vouchers to get the Longines Heritage Avigation BigEye L28164532 for Free which per WOS is around £2300.

all in were at about £10,500 to make it happen.

I am a over here for a long spell so the VAT back into the UK isn't a current issue really, but only recently came over so still think in £.

I was mainly looking at just the Moonwatch as a beater, but wondered if this is a decent deal with resales or are Longines not really desirable.

Any opinions would be great.

Resell prices on the Big Eye vary, it's gaining a following on social media and there aren't many on ebay at the moment. Though I only paid £1600 for mine new from Ernest Jones in their sale, which was cheaoer then buying used, it was before the RRP increase. I wouldn't bother getting a Big Eye simply with a view to selling it on, as Longines can be a pain to shift.

If you add up the WoS prices of the Speedy Pro and Racing, then take the VAT off, you're very close to the total price in Dubai; the vouchers are akin to a c.20% discount. So the real advantage compared with the UK would seem to be not paying the VAT.

I'd just buy the one watch that I wanted rather than having to sort out the two others. The Speedy Pros are appearing below RRP on the grey market in the UK, so there's probably still some modest discounting still going on by ADs.

I'm not going to speculate about your tax situation or intentions if / when you return to the UK.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AKM; 20th September 2021 at 12:48.