closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Doors

So it does look costs overall have steadily increased.. then if that was how much you paid a few years back....

thanks for the info though.

cheers

Matt

Blog Entries
    Problem is demand is high and there is plenty of surplus slush money floating about, so prices are insanely high across the board. I need a new drive installing but I've decided not to bother atm and come back later in the year/next year when demand has hopefully tailed off and normality returned.

Master
    We've recently had a Veka composite front door fitted and another to our garden office. While it is early days, they both look and function superbly so far.

A little bump for this thread, but has anyone any experience of Endurance Doors?

https://endurancedoors.co.uk/

When I spoke to a local installer and mentioned Solidor to him he said these were far superior, in that they're cross laminated and therefore do not warp.

@Browners - I see you're also from Bristol are you still fitting doors and could we possibly have a chat?

Master
    No experience of that brand personally.

But seeing as this thread is bumped I should probably update too and say thanks to this thread (and in particular eagletower) we did end up with the Origin front door. We had considered hard wood, but on feeling the Origin doors on display it was inevitable which way we were going to go. Very pleased with it so far.

I also went with gfd homes who supplied and fitted a Spitfire door.

They did a great job - very impressed with it so far 👍

Cheers

matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    A little bump for this thread, but has anyone any experience of Endurance Doors?

https://endurancedoors.co.uk/

When I spoke to a local installer and mentioned Solidor to him he said these were far superior, in that they're cross laminated and therefore do not warp.

@Browners - I see you're also from Bristol are you still fitting doors and could we possibly have a chat?
    Had an Edurance front door fitted recently. From what I can see it is very good quality.

Master
    To round off my question, we got our Solidor fitted this last few weeks and we’re very happy with it. Would absolutely recommend.

Apprentice
    I moved into a new apartment last year. In connection with this, I had to change the front door. I replaced it with a steel one. If anyone is interested, the size was 36” x 84”. Also, my wife decided to do a complete renovation of the apartment. She’s obsessed with the aura theory lol. But it all turned out into an awful situation. I found a construction crew on the Internet. They assured me of qualitative repair. As a result, I had an amateur boys band. It looked like they had never held a hammer. I had to hire a new crew and redo everything after them.
    Last edited by fisher2; 4th March 2022 at 13:16.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher2 View Post
    I moved into a new apartment last year. In connection with this, I had to change the front door. I replaced it with a steel one. If anyone is interested, the size was 36” x 84”. Also, my wife decided to do a complete renovation of the apartment. She’s obsessed with the aura theory lol. But it all turned out into an awful situation. I found a construction crew on the Internet. They assured me of qualitative repair. As a result, I had an amateur boys band. It looked like they had never held a hammer. I had to hire a new crew and redo everything after them.
    But the auras are fixed now, right?

Also, my wife decided to do a complete renovation of the apartment. She’s obsessed with the aura theory lol. But it all turned out into an awful situation. I found a construction crew on the Internet. They assured me of qualitative repair. As a result, I had an amateur boys band. It looked like they had never held a hammer. I had to hire a new crew and redo everything after them.
    This looks like English, but it makes no sense to me. What is the aura theory, please?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    This looks like English, but it makes no sense to me. What is the aura theory, please?
    Something about his back door?

Craftsman
    This is a bot....

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Had an Edurance front door fitted recently. From what I can see it is very good quality.
    Hi midgetda, how are you getting on with your Endurance door? Any issues, regrets, etc.?

Master
    Really pleased with them. I have 3. The main front door and side garage door and shed door. Really good quality and they really do seal tightly. I would say the only issue you will have is deciding colour and style!

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Really pleased with them. I have 3. The main front door and side garage door and shed door. Really good quality and they really do seal tightly. I would say the only issue you will have is deciding colour and style!
    Thank you very much midgetda for the quick and helpful reply! Yes they have a decent selection of styles/colours and the specification (in terms of bowing allowance is significantly greater than the likes of Solidoor, something like 4mm vs 9mm (off top of my head) as well as timber layers within, 3 vs 17 (again off top of head)).

They are certainly a tempting option.