closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IOS 14.5

Craftsman

IOS 14.5

Now Available!
    Just started downloading this update. Interesting to see what all the fuss is about.

Jake

Looking forward to unlocking my phone with a mask on + Apple watch!

Blog Entries
    blocks cross platform ad-tracking by Facebook by default - to FB consternation!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    blocks cross platform ad-tracking by Facebook by default - to FB consternation!
    For me, on my iPhone, this setting disallowed tracking by default.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Looking forward to unlocking my phone with a mask on + Apple watch!
    Don’t forget to update your Apple Watch to enable it. I’ve been using it through the beta versions and it has been incredibly convenient. It only works for unlocking (not for payment or apps that use FaceID) but it’s really useful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Don’t forget to update your Apple Watch to enable it. I’ve been using it through the beta versions and it has been incredibly convenient. It only works for unlocking (not for payment or apps that use FaceID) but it’s really useful.
    Foldy bits of paper still seem to do the trick when paying for stuff even wearing a mask. It really concentrates the mind when you hand over £100+ in notes for the weekly shop. Then you fill up the petrol tank and not much change from £200 cash. On CC / Apple Pay it’s painless - cash less so

Master

IOS 14.5

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Foldy bits of paper still seem to do the trick when paying for stuff even wearing a mask. It really concentrates the mind when you hand over £100+ in notes for the weekly shop. Then you fill up the petrol tank and not much change from £200 cash. On CC / Apple Pay it’s painless - cash less so
    What the hell are you filling up that costs you nearly £200?

Edit: scratch that. I realised after I posted, you meant the weekly shop AND filling up the car for £200.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    A jet plane?

G wagon, what else? 😉

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post

Edit: scratch that. I realised after I posted, you meant the weekly shop AND filling up the car for £200.
    You are correct. I didn’t phrase that to well! Anyway - now on 14.5 and really can’t see a huge difference - I was expecting some major changes. I don’t have an Apple Watch so that bit is irrelevant. I hate to think how much is being spent on emoji development but I find the Apple special ones just get in the way.

The OS update is fine, but continues Apple's tradition of giving the Podcasts app to an intern to redesign. It's always been a random shambles of user interface elements and needlessly hidden controls, but this time, they've truly aced it.

Podcasts are now listed in the date order of when you subscribed, rather than when they last updated. Which is helpful to no one. And you can both "download" and "save" a Podcast, which are now apparently two different things, but no one knows what exactly. Don't think about subscribing to a podcast either. You should "follow" it.

It's bizarre even by their interns' historically madcap standards. Fortunately, it is easily fixed by employing another hidden gesture: press and hold on the app's icon and select "Delete". Then go to the App Store and download Pocket Casts.

14.5.1 now available