closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 126234

I’m thinking about a 36mm Rolex DateJust 126234 (fluted bezel, jubilee bracelet, blue stick dial) as my next watch.

36mm suits my wrist much better than the Subs, Speedmasters and Seamasters. I’ve previously owned the 116234 and regretted selling it.

I’m just wondering how close to the 116234 the slimmer smaller new 126234 wears. I’ve tried one briefly a couple of times and can’t decide if it is a bit to small with the new case shape.

Has anyone moved from the 116234 to the 126234? And has anyone else gone for the blue stick dial with fluted and jubilee? Also how is the clasp adjustment on the new jubilee compared to the old superjubilee?
    Last edited by vortgern; 26th April 2021 at 15:20.

Master
    I can only compare 16234 with 116234. The 6 digit looks visibly bigger but wears much as the 5 digit imo so maybe much the same with the 126... against the 116...

I think the latest jubilee is a step backwards from the super-jubilee, purely on looks alone as I have no experience of it. I think the super-jubilee is the ultimate jubilee.

I was offered a blue stick dial with domed bezel/oyster (126200) at the start of last lockdown but turned it down and bought another 16233 instead. I feel the new blue is a bit lighter than in previous incarnations???

I had a dark blue roman numeral dial 16234 that I thought was pretty smart. Sold it on here about 5 years ago, wish I still had it.
    Last edited by markbannister; 26th April 2021 at 15:19.

When I see threads like this, I always think...

https://youtu.be/LWKCKOct3jY

It's the same when BMW owners waffle on about E-numbers!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    I'm one of those as well having owned E30, E36, E39, E46, E90, E92 and F30.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    When I see threads like this, I always think...

https://youtu.be/LWKCKOct3jY

It's the same when BMW owners waffle on about E-numbers!

M

Don't know if this helps but even though I haven't (yet) owned a 116234, I've tried tons of them on and I'm quite confident in how they sit on my wrist. When I bought my Seamaster in October I asked to try one of the new 36mm Datejusts. All they had in was a black stick dial on jubilee with smooth bezel. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it felt tiny. I even had to ask if it was a 36mm and not a 31mm!!! Make sure you try then on as imo they wear much smaller than the older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Don't know if this helps but even though I haven't (yet) owned a 116234, I've tried tons of them on and I'm quite confident in how they sit on my wrist. When I bought my Seamaster in October I asked to try one of the new 36mm Datejusts. All they had in was a black stick dial on jubilee with smooth bezel. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it felt tiny. I even had to ask if it was a 36mm and not a 31mm!!! Make sure you try then on as imo they wear much smaller than the older versions.
    Yes exactly why I’m asking for other real life experiences! I’ve tried the new 126xxx DateJusts a couple of times. The 126200 felt fine but the 126234 did seem small compared to the previous model. Without seeing the old and new models side by side though it is hard to be objective.

Journeyman
    I was in a similar situation, I was looking to trade my silver stick dialled 116234 for a blue stick dial 126234. The reasons I was concerned about getting the 126234 were the new jubilee and the lack of Romans around the stick dial and the fact my only issue with the 116234 was the slightly square look due to the large lugs.

I would say that to me the old 116234 wears larger than 126234, the jubilee bracelets are very different with the hidden clasp vs oyster style clasp.

In the end I decided to sell the 116234 and go for the 126234, the reason being is I preferred the newer case shape with the thinner lugs and the 70hr power reserve.

After owning the 126234 for around 3 months my concerns with the new jubilee have gone and I love having the extension for when it gets a little warmer. I’m really enjoying the new case shape and the lack of Romans on the dial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Almost as bad as the JDM types :P

Master
    I have gone from old to new love the new watch and is very elegant. However my only downside is the lack of concealed clasp. But I do have a 1/2 link adjustment on the fly rather then the 1.5 link I used to have to add or remove. So pluses with downsides IMHO.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    :D :D theres a very specific voice and laugh that they have.... and most sentences start with ooooohhhhh yes, the exact oil used in the E36.......

Lol

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Here is my 126234 on a 6 ¾” wrist.
    I think that it’s sits nicely on it and IMO, looks just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Here is my 126234 on a 6 ¾” wrist.
    I think that it’s sits nicely on it and IMO, looks just right.

That does look perfect, thanks!

Master
    That same watch.. on a smaller 6.3" wrist for comparison.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Here's my 126234 bought new this week, on my 17.5cm wrist. I love it! If it helps I tried on the DJ41 in same configuration (blue dial, baton markers, fluted bezel, on jubilee) and felt it was far too big for me. Sorry didn't take a pic of that, wish I had now!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Good thread, i am after a 126234 blue dial fluted bezel. Are these readily available from dealers? I refuse to pay a premium for one. How have you guys proceeded to get hold of the watch?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by erics View Post
    Good thread, i am after a 126234 blue dial fluted bezel. Are these readily available from dealers? I refuse to pay a premium for one. How have you guys proceeded to get hold of the watch?
    I emailed my local AD during lockdown and they had one in stock. So they held it for me (about a month) until rules changed and I was able to go in and try it on. Very easy, smooth, and simple. I got lucky!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I emailed my local AD during lockdown and they had one in stock. So they held it for me (about a month) until rules changed and I was able to go in and try it on. Very easy, smooth, and simple. I got lucky!

Thank you for the response. I have a plan of action.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Job done, brand new 124236 inbound today

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrazar5kjw...%2034.jpg?dl=0

Not sure why i can’t embed the pic though

Very nice. Congrats!

Beautiful reference. Can’t decide if I like it on the jubilee or oyster more!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by erics View Post
    Job done, brand new 124236 inbound today

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrazar5kjw...%2034.jpg?dl=0

Not sure why i can’t embed the pic though
    I’ve the same model......you won’t have any regrets.

The blue dial is stunning, and changes in differing lights.

Congrats on the purchase

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Very nice. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Beautiful reference. Can’t decide if I like it on the jubilee or oyster more!

Quote Originally Posted by moynan66 View Post
    I’ve the same model......you won’t have any regrets.

The blue dial is stunning, and changes in differing lights.

Congrats on the purchase
    Cheers chaps. It’s awesome in its simplicity, understated elegance.

I find that is stands out or sparkle more on the jubilee. For me it had to be 36mm, blue face, jubilee, fluted bezel. I would NOT have had ANY other combination at all.

It is the ultimate classic rolex that you can actually get hold of, with a bit of luck.

It is a superb alternative to a 5711 or a 15202 if you missed these boats. Kind of feeling that collectors are sort of waking up to that view.