closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: EcoMaxx classic car fuel. From the Aspen people

Blog Entries

EcoMaxx classic car fuel. From the Aspen people

Aspen fuel is well-known and widely used in chainsaws etc. The Swedish product is much cleaner than normal petrol and it doesn't have the Ethanol E5/E10 problems.

The Dutch branch of Aspen has now introduced a classic car fuel called EcoMaxx and they're trying to sell it through classic car dealers/workshops. Late January their salesman dropped of a few 20 liter cans in the workshop to give it a try. After a few weeks, I poured the complete can in my Porsche's tank and gave it a try. Normally, the 'usual' fuel causes problems starting etc and the first few miles everything shakes and bucks. Simply because the fuel has deteriorated. But on a short trip, after 10 miles or so, when the Ecomaxx hit the injectors, the car leaped forward. Smoother running, easier pick up. I was (and am) impressed.

The Porsche is for sale and I'm happy to have Ecomaxx in the tank. Potential customers will not experience any rough running when they start the engine for a testdrive! It's -like Aspen- suited for long-term storage in the tank of the car. According to the sales brochure, you can have it in your tank for 3 yrs without problems. There's a 2stroke version as well.

Is there a downside? Yes! Absolutely. It's eyewatering expensive! 20 liters will set you back around 65 euros! I don't see that the workshop will sell a lot of cans. But I've talked to someone with a classic car workshop near Amsterdam who tells me that he's selling the stuff on euro pallets to customers! For me, it's the perfect stuff for next winter's hibernation: I'll put the stuff in the tank just before I store the car (after a 10 km run to make sure that it's in the carbs of the TR). As far as I know, it's not for sale in the UK yet. But, since Aspen is widely available the UK, I don't see why Ecomaxx would not hit the shops.
    Last edited by thieuster; 24th April 2021 at 08:06.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Aspen fuel is well-known and widely used in chainsaws etc. The Swedish product is much cleaner than normal petrol and it doesn't have the Ethanol E5/E10 problems.

The Dutch branch of Aspen has now introduced a classic car fuel called EcoMaxx and they're trying to sell it through classic car dealers/workshops. Late January their salesman dropped of a few 20 liter cans in the workshop to give it a try. After a few weeks, I poured the complete can in my Porsche's tank and gave it a try. Normally, the 'usual' fuel causes problems starting etc and the first few miles everything shakes and bucks. Simply because the fuel has deteriorated. But on a short trip, after 10 miles or so, when the Ecomaxx hit the injectors, the car leaped forward. Smoother running, easier pick up. I was (and am) impressed.

The Porsche is for sale and I'm happy to have Ecomaxx in the tank. Potential customers will not experience any rough running when they start the engine for a testdrive! It's -like Aspen- suited for long-term storage in the tank of the car. According to the sales brochure, you can have it in your tank for 3 yrs without problems. There's a 2stroke version as well.

Is there a downside? Yes! Absolutely. It's eyewatering expensive! 20 liters will set you back around 65 euros! I don't see that the workshop will sell a lot of cans. But I've talked to someone with a classic car workshop near Amsterdam who tells me that he's selling the stuff on euro pallets to customers! For me, it's the perfect stuff for next winter's hibernation: I'll put the stuff in the tank just before I store the car (after a 10 km run to make sure that it's in the carbs of the TR). As far as I know, it's not for sale in the UK yet. But, since Aspen is widely available the UK, I don't see why Ecomaxx would not hit the shops.

hope this comes to uk, is this for dealer/workshop purchase only or can it be purchased direct ? as i have two car that are stored over winter and i currently use a briggs & stratton fuel additive , a dedicated fuel would be ideal. will keep a eye out for it here .

I use their pre-mix stuff in the chainsaw and non in the portable generator. Great stuff but as you say, not cheap.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    hope this comes to uk, is this for dealer/workshop purchase only or can it be purchased direct ? as i have two car that are stored over winter and i currently use a briggs & stratton fuel additive , a dedicated fuel would be ideal. will keep a eye out for it here .
    I'll contact them on Monday and forward your question.

Menno

Menno
    thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Menno
    thank you

Blog Entries
    An update: I contacted the Ecomaxx sales rep this afternoon. He told me that there's no export from The Netherlands to the UK due to the tiresome and lengthy paperwork process since Brexit. The problem is UK's Customs.

Having said that, he told me that a lot of UK's motor cross teams hop over to the Netherlands and when they return, they've loaded a pallet with jerrycans into their van.

Interestingly: the sales rep told me that the (factory endorsed) Porsche Classic Center fills every pre-1980 Porsche that leaves the workshop with Ecomaxx. I can see why: my my now sold Porsche runs noticeably better on Ecomaxx.