closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 1,001 to 1,030 of 1030

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

  1. #1001
    Basically then she's just pinned it all.on Jane McLoud who now lives in Australia no one knows where or how to contact her and she's refused to come back and support the enquiry . Convenient for Vennels

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

  2. #1002
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,292
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    She's calm because there'll be no repercussions, she knows that she's at the level where actions and consequences are not connected.
    Exactly that. She ain't going to end up homeless and skint. When all's said and done she'll still be richer than most people, and can toddle off and do what she likes.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

  3. #1003
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    9,920
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Exactly that. She ain't going to end up homeless and skint. When all's said and done she'll still be richer than most people, and can toddle off and do what she likes.
    From Wiki: “During her time leading the Post Office, Vennells earned a total of £5.1m, peaking in 2018 when she took home £718,300 in salary, bonuses, pensions and other benefits.”

    I wonder if either of her two sons opine: “Mum - you are a weapons-grade cunt!” Or are they cut from the same cloth, and have done very nicely from her career and look to inherit???

  4. #1004
    Quote Originally Posted by bandylegss View Post
    Is she deaf the amount of times she asks for a questions to be repeated is extraordinary I suspect it’s a ploy to give her thinking time to make something up.
    Just burns up the time

  5. #1005
    Grand Master Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    20,326
    They saved the most damning till last....




    Shows the callous bitch for what she is. No amount of "I'm sorry for my bad choice of words" etc can take away from that! Everyone can see her for what she is.
    Best Regards - Peter

    I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

  6. #1006
    Master Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North by Northwest
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Basically then she's just pinned it all.on Jane McLoud who now lives in Australia no one knows where or how to contact her and she's refused to come back and support the enquiry . Convenient for Vennels

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk
    https://www.postofficehorizoninquiry...l-jane-macleod

  7. #1007
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    They saved the most damning till last....




    Shows the callous bitch for what she is. No amount of "I'm sorry for my bad choice of words" etc can take away from that! Everyone can see her for what she is.
    Beautiful


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #1008
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    18,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Basically then she's just pinned it all.on Jane McLoud who now lives in Australia no one knows where or how to contact her and she's refused to come back and support the enquiry . Convenient for Vennels

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk
    See also this post...link.

    Someone else of interest is Mike Young. From page (18) Pages 69 - 72 of today's transcript:

    Q. Now, Mike Young is referred to in your statement as someone that had told you that there was no difficulty with the system, there are no bugs in the system. By mid-2013, you knew that not to be true. He was someone that hadn't told you the truth; do you agree?

    A. I don't know -- in terms of the question put in that very black and white way, yes. I don't know what Mike Young did or didn't know. I can only go on what he told me at the time.

    SIR WYN WILLIAMS: As of July or the summer of 2013, was Mr Young still working at the Post Office?

    A. Thank you, Sir Wyn, I was going to mention that. I think he had left by then.

    SIR WYN WILLIAMS: Have you had any contact with him since, at all?

    A. No, in terms of complete transparency, I think once -- he was an officer in the Para Regiment, and I contacted once on 11 November.

    SIR WYN WILLIAMS: Have you had any recent contact with him?

    A. No, I don't know what he's doing now.

    SIR WYN WILLIAMS: Thank you. I don't want to elliptical about this, Mr Stein, it's just that the Inquiry to date has been unable to trace Mr Young and so I was seeing if Ms Vennells could help us.

    THE WITNESS: No, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by PickleB; 24th May 2024 at 21:56.

  9. #1009
    Master Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North by Northwest
    Posts
    3,454
    ^^^ My apologies. I didn't realise it had been posted already.

  10. #1010
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    29,276
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  11. #1011
    Master Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North by Northwest
    Posts
    3,454
    Has everyone seen this?

    It must have been during a previous phase of the inquiry I guess.

    It is utterly mind blowing. Indeed, Jason Beer must have the patience of a saint!


  12. #1012
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Has everyone seen this?

    It must have been during a previous phase of the inquiry I guess.

    It is utterly mind blowing. Indeed, Jason Beer must have the patience of a saint!

    Took me a while to work out context. She was on the Horizon help desk in some fashion it seems. She appears to have been stitched up by her own team somehow. Preparing a statement on her behalf maybe? Disgraceful really but if you’re thick enough to blindly trust then there’s no hope.

  13. #1013
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,292
    Blog Entries
    1
    So as she swans off with her £5m the answer to “Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?” must be…
    Not in any material or practical sense.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

  14. #1014
    Grand Master Passenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    25,490
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    So as she swans off with her £5m the answer to “Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?” must be…
    Not in any material or practical sense.
    Think you´re right OOK...I´d assume given her earnings she´ll have invested, saved, plausibly be pensioned up the wazoo. PV not striking me as the coke and hookers type, though with clergy you never can tell at face value. She could easily fall inside the wealthy net worth category of 3 to 4 millions and thence upwards, if she´s boarded the UK´s property express at the right time, could be in the tens of millions.

    The only accountability she may ever genuinely face is if a wronged sub postmaster goes postal upon her.
    Last edited by Passenger; Today at 09:32.

  15. #1015
    Grand Master Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    20,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Has everyone seen this?

    It must have been during a previous phase of the inquiry I guess.

    It is utterly mind blowing. Indeed, Jason Beer must have the patience of a saint!
    The whole thing is well worth watching. Spoiler, it doesn't start well and continues in similar vein....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M48j58Twjw


    And this was a manager at Post Office!
    Best Regards - Peter

    I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

  16. #1016
    Master Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North by Northwest
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    The whole thing is well worth watching. Spoiler, it doesn't start well and continues in similar vein....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M48j58Twjw


    And this was a manager at Post Office!
    Thx for the link to the inquiry session actual. I've watched the whole thing now. I am speechless tbh.
    Last edited by Mouse; Today at 11:15. Reason: watched it all

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    The whole thing is well worth watching. Spoiler, it doesn't start well and continues in similar vein....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M48j58Twjw


    And this was a manager at Post Office!
    Jesus Christ, does she really think that everyone is stupid.

  18. #1018
    I wouldn't trust her on the checkout at Tesco.

    Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

  19. #1019
    Grand Master Griswold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    20,326
    Beers facial expressions say it all.
    Best Regards - Peter

    I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

  20. #1020
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I wouldn't trust her on the checkout at Tesco.

    Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk
    It starts getting interesting at around 1hr 15 however the rest needs to be watched for context. She keeps on saying that “ i wouldn't know how to do that” but is completely missing the point of whats being explained to her. Clearly done so on purpose as even someone with a limited comprehension could understand

    Edit…the woman is an idiot
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; Today at 13:28.

  21. #1021
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    18,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    It starts getting interesting at around 1hr 15 however the rest needs to be watched for context. She keeps on saying that “ i wouldn't know how to do that” but is completely missing the point of whats being explained to her. Clearly done so on purpose as even someone with a limited comprehension could understand

    Edit…the woman is an idiot
    I just got to 1h36 when this exchange, as an example, occurs:

    Q. I'll ask the question very generally. Why is it that your statement says you're exhibiting call logs between 10 January 2000 to 30 November 2000 and, in fact, the call logs that are exhibited are between February and June 2000?

    A. I don't know. I don't remember this document at all. I just don't remember this at all.

    Q. Can you help us how it is that --

    A. I will help you as much as I can but, really, I don't understand where all this is coming from. Am I supposed to have written all this? I might well have signed it but I don't remember all this.

    Q. Generally, when you write something to a court and say, "I believe the contents of this statement are true" and sign it with a pen underneath it, that indicates that you've written it. No?

    A. Well, when am I supposed to have signed this?

    Q. 16 October 2003.

    A. I don't remember it. I don't remember it and the very first time I knew there'd been a court case about this was when this has just been raised again, when they sent me this bundle of papers. I didn't even know there'd been a court case before that.

  22. #1022
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,292
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I just got to 1h36 when this exchange, as an example, occurs:

    Q. I'll ask the question very generally. Why is it that your statement says you're exhibiting call logs between 10 January 2000 to 30 November 2000 and, in fact, the call logs that are exhibited are between February and June 2000?

    A. I don't know. I don't remember this document at all. I just don't remember this at all.

    Q. Can you help us how it is that --

    A. I will help you as much as I can but, really, I don't understand where all this is coming from. Am I supposed to have written all this? I might well have signed it but I don't remember all this.

    Q. Generally, when you write something to a court and say, "I believe the contents of this statement are true" and sign it with a pen underneath it, that indicates that you've written it. No?

    A. Well, when am I supposed to have signed this?

    Q. 16 October 2003.

    A. I don't remember it. I don't remember it and the very first time I knew there'd been a court case about this was when this has just been raised again, when they sent me this bundle of papers. I didn't even know there'd been a court case before that.
    The play dumb and dimwit defence.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

  23. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I just got to 1h36 when this exchange, as an example, occurs:
    Q. I'll ask the question very generally. Why is it that your statement says you're exhibiting call logs between 10 January 2000 to 30 November 2000 and, in fact, the call logs that are exhibited are between February and June 2000?

    A. I don't know. I don't remember this document at all. I just don't remember this at all.

    Q. Can you help us how it is that --

    A. I will help you as much as I can but, really, I don't understand where all this is coming from. Am I supposed to have written all this? I might well have signed it but I don't remember all this.

    Q. Generally, when you write something to a court and say, "I believe the contents of this statement are true" and sign it with a pen underneath it, that indicates that you've written it. No?

    A. Well, when am I supposed to have signed this?

    Q. 16 October 2003.

    A. I don't remember it. I don't remember it and the very first time I knew there'd been a court case about this was when this has just been raised again, when they sent me this bundle of papers. I didn't even know there'd been a court case before that.
    The bit that got me was the evidence proving that she had indeed rang the help centres on behalf of the PM when an end of day update had added an item yet omitted that from the evidence when she 2 weeks later suspended her.

  24. #1024
    The easiest ones to hold to account are the ones that knowingly lied in court when the 55 raised their case. There hasn't been a smoking gun that condemned any significant individual in the PLO afaik but plenty of e ails implying they knew

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

  25. #1025
    Master Mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North by Northwest
    Posts
    3,454
    Police investigations will happen. As we can imagine, it's going to be a long haul though.

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...iminal-inquiry

  26. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Police investigations will happen. As we can imagine, it's going to be a long haul though.

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...iminal-inquiry
    80 detectives wow

    Thing is they should have all the stuff at hand as I think they can ask the enquiry for all the files

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

  27. #1027
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    80 detectives wow

    Thing is they should have all the stuff at hand as I think they can ask the enquiry for all the files

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk
    The Metropolitan Police is a core participant and is represented throughout by the Metropolitan Police Directorate of Legal Services.

    The written evidence and transcripts of oral evidence are published on the inquiry website also.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  28. #1028
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    The Metropolitan Police is a core participant and is represented throughout by the Metropolitan Police Directorate of Legal Services.

    The written evidence and transcripts of oral evidence are published on the inquiry website also.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yeah they have it all already prepared, just got to read it all

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

  29. #1029
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    18,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    80 detectives wow

    Thing is they should have all the stuff at hand as I think they can ask the enquiry for all the files

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    The Metropolitan Police is a core participant and is represented throughout by the Metropolitan Police Directorate of Legal Services.

    The written evidence and transcripts of oral evidence are published on the inquiry website also.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Indeed the Inquiry has a Memorandum of Understanding with the Metropolitan Police Service whereby:

    The MPS will provide the maximum assistance to the Inquiry that it reasonably can that is consistent with maintaining the independence and integrity of its investigation and will do so voluntarily wherever possible.

    The Chair of the Inquiry will use all reasonable efforts, so far as consistent with his statutory duty under the Inquiries Act 2005, to conduct the Inquiry in a way which does not impede or compromise the MPS investigation or its integrity.

    and

    The MPS and the Inquiry have concluded an Information Sharing Agreement (“ISA”) to make suitable arrangements for the secure provision and discussion of sensitive information pursuant to paragraphs 6 and 17 above. Such arrangements are necessary to protect the rights of individuals and to avoid the risk of tipping off any suspect(s) of the MPS criminal investigation. For these reasons, the ISA will not be disclosed to Core Participants or published on the Inquiry’s website.

  30. #1030

    Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    80 detectives wow

    Thing is they should have all the stuff at hand as I think they can ask the enquiry for all the files

    Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk
    They are certainly being afforded a different for of justice to the one they abused for profit.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information