closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 44 of 44

Thread: I think I've found The One!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,022

    I think I've found The One!

    Since I sold my Omega 2264.50 ten years ago I've been searching for 'that' diver on a bracelet. I must have gone through in excess of a hundred watches which have always had something about them that made me flip. For those who don't know me, some would say I'm a bit of a flipper.

    Anyway, this arrived today and I knew as soon as I opened the box it had the potential to be The One.

    I won't waffle on about the spec as we all know how to find that, I'll just leave it here with some pics.

    Oh and a shout out to Serious Watches - it was delivered from Holland just 24 hours after placing the order.











  2. #2
    Itís a very nice piece but for a serial flipper, could those be famous last words? Having said that, Iím similarly minded as the Sharkmaster 1000 I bought from this very forum has been worn every day since it arrived, six weeks ago. That is a first for a new arrival.

  3. #3
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,022
    They could....but I don't think they will be this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    Itís a very nice piece but for a serial flipper, could those be famous last words? Having said that, Iím similarly minded as the Sharkmaster 1000 I bought from this very forum has been worn every day since it arrived, six weeks ago. That is a first for a new arrival.

  4. #4
    Master BSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,759
    Blog Entries
    1
    May I ask what it is that makes you think of it as highly as you do? On a side note, I love the order of the pics in a reverse reveal whereby you've seemingly put the watch back in the box and wrapped it up rather professionally.

  5. #5
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,022
    Agh I know, I hate the way Postimage places them randomly!

    The quality is simply outstanding. I love the maxi-Sub style case, ceramic insert, the faux lume dial and domed crystal that gives a lovely distortion at certain angles. The dimensions are also perfect for my particular wrist. The bracelet is really good quality with easily adjusted screwed links, a flip-locking clasp and no sharp edges whatsoever.

    As a whole piece it's just stunning.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    May I ask what it is that makes you think of it as highly as you do? On a side note, I love the order of the pics in a reverse reveal whereby you've seemingly put the watch back in the box and wrapped it up rather professionally.

  6. #6
    Master BSB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,759
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Agh I know, I hate the way Postimage places them randomly!

    The quality is simply outstanding. I love the maxi-Sub style case, ceramic insert, the faux lume dial and domed crystal that gives a lovely distortion at certain angles. The dimensions are also perfect for my particular wrist. The bracelet is really good quality with easily adjusted screwed links, a flip-locking clasp and no sharp edges whatsoever.

    As a whole piece it's just stunning.
    Very nice it is, too. Keep on enjoying it.

  7. #7
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Agh I know, I hate the way Postimage places them randomly!

    The quality is simply outstanding. I love the maxi-Sub style case, ceramic insert, the faux lume dial and domed crystal that gives a lovely distortion at certain angles. The dimensions are also perfect for my particular wrist. The bracelet is really good quality with easily adjusted screwed links, a flip-locking clasp and no sharp edges whatsoever.

    As a whole piece it's just stunning.
    Sounds like a keeper then, lot of text on the dial for me. Anyway glad your pleased and flip free for a while....

  8. #8
    Master RLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,525
    You have certainly had a few but it is all part of the enjoyment of the hobby.

    Think even as a flipper there is sometimes a different feeling that you experience with particular watches and you just know it will be with you for a longer period of time. Fingers crossed for you that it is indeed a mainstay in your collection. Looks great.

  9. #9
    Itíll be on SC next week ;)

  10. #10
    I'm looking out for the armida to appear 👍

  11. #11
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,022
    My Armida? Not happening I'm afraid. I have three watches and love them all.

    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    I'm looking out for the armida to appear 

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Itíll be on SC next week ;)
    Or the week after
    I am willing to bet on it:-)

  13. #13
    we have all found 'The One'...........................honeymoon period will wear off, enjoy it while it lasts

  14. #14
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,022
    So am I. £1000 I still own it in two weeks?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Or the week after
    I am willing to bet on it:-)

  15. #15
    Master bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,834
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Itíll be on SC next week ;)
    Lol we've all been guilty of this

    Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 23rd April 2021 at 00:22.

  16. #16
    Quite funny to buy it from Serious Watches and then start a thread with some Serious BS ;)

    Lovely watch, can see why you like it so much.

  17. #17
    Anyway, nice watch minus the drama.
    If you manage to hold on to it, more power to you.
    Ocean X do make some seriously nice homages.
    I have a few I enjoy quite a bit.

  18. #18
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,022
    Cheers, I will :)

    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Anyway, nice watch minus the drama.
    If you manage to hold on to it, more power to you.
    Ocean X do make some seriously nice homages.
    I have a few I enjoy quite a bit.

  19. #19
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,022
    Canny lume:


  20. #20
    Craftsman andymonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Peterborough UK
    Posts
    972
    I have one of these David. I love it. Looks, build quality and timekeeping are all spot on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    In my experience thereís no such thing as Ďthe oneí. Itís usually Ďthe most recent oneí which is the main reason I moved from the Ďexpensiveí tier to the Ďcheaperí tier. Makes the flipping feel a bit less silly!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information