closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mk1 vs Mk2 differences (CWC diver)?

Craftsman

Mk1 vs Mk2 differences (CWC diver)?

Is the single 'fixed' difference between a mk1 and mk2 CWC dive watch the crystal alone? (Bezels being interchangeable).

And the only distinguishable marker, the word 'sapphire' on the mk2 case back?

As far as I can make out the bezel on the Mark 1 has 60 clicks and 120 on the Mark 2. I think also the crystal on the Mark 1 is mineral and on the Mark 2 is sapphire.

Not sure there are any other differences. Clearly on the 'Reissue special editions' 80 auto and 83 RN diver the bezel insert is a modern Bakelite lookalike and is fully lumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    As far as I can make out the bezel on the Mark 1 has 60 clicks and 120 on the Mark 2. I think also the crystal on the Mark 1 is mineral and on the Mark 2 is sapphire.

Not sure there are any other differences. Clearly on the 'Reissue special editions' 80 auto and 83 RN diver the bezel insert is a modern Bakelite lookalike and is fully lumed.
    You are correct, these are the only differences.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    You are correct, these are the only differences.

Thanks both - and, on a non-special edition, the only visual 'tell' is the word 'sapphire' on the caseback?

Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    Thanks both - and, on a non-special edition, the only visual 'tell' is the word 'sapphire' on the caseback?
    Yes unless you know what you are looking for
    Mineral glass and sapphire do have a different (although subtle) appearance (mineral tends to have a greenish ring at the edge when looked at from an angle)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Yes unless you know what you are looking for
    Mineral glass and sapphire do have a different (although subtle) appearance (mineral tends to have a greenish ring at the edge when looked at from an angle)
    I wouldn't! 😂
    Great info - thanks👍

Any seller may still have the original card guarantee booklet thingy, that usually states the model, but if bought from the likes of e-bay could be any old card unless there is a serial number tie up.

Mine has a 120 click bezel and I’m reasonably sure it’s a sapphire Crystal, but nothing on the case back or on warranty card.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ej86 View Post
    Mine has a 120 click bezel and I’m reasonably sure it’s a sapphire Crystal, but nothing on the case back or on warranty card.
    I'm the other way around, wasn't expecting sapphire, but it's written on the caseback... which is a bit of a bonus!

Craftsman

Mk1 vs Mk2 differences (CWC diver)?

I think there also may have been a cross over period. I have a MK1 Diver from 2018 which has a mineral crystal but a 120 click bezel.
    It’s currently back at CWC getting an SBS dial fitted to expose the day/date underneath. I know this spoils the symmetry of the dial but it’s my work watch and having a date function would be extremely useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk