closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Collar and Pin for Seiko Bracelet - Collar missing..

Craftsman

Collar and Pin for Seiko Bracelet - Collar missing..

Hi,

Quick question - does anyone one know where I might be able to source a new collar for a Seiko Bracelet?
    I've picked up a Monster Padi SRPE27K1 on a bracelet and one of the pins is falling out, and I can't find a trace of the collar piece.

Thanks
    Rob

Master
    Blog Entries
    Try contacting the UK Seiko Service Centre - they may well send you some complementary sets.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Try contacting the UK Seiko Service Centre - they may well send you some complementary sets.

If that fails try a WTB on here. It worked for me.

Another vote for Seiko UK - I needed some case screws and they took payment over the phone and delivered next-day.

Master
    I always alter Seiko bracelets on a tray now...

Master
    I always thought Seiko were the worst for awkward bracelets, but now I have a JLC...

1) The holes in the links are smaller than usual. My Bergeon 6767 is too big, but luckily an old freebie tool got in.

2) Each link has its own springbar. You have to engage it and rotate the very end part of the link out of the way

3) You think you're ok now, and slide the spring bar out. But no, the middle part of the link is made up of separate parts, and they are VERY SMALL. I was lucky that when mine came to bits one of them (I thought I'd lost) was caught in a fold in my jumper!

4) God help me if I'd lost any and had to buy replacements...

The bracelet is a work of art though. Feels really tactile, and the links just flow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    I always thought Seiko were the worst for awkward bracelets, but now I have a JLC...

1) The holes in the links are smaller than usual. My Bergeon 6767 is too big, but luckily an old freebie tool got in.

2) Each link has its own springbar. You have to engage it and rotate the very end part of the link out of the way

3) You think you're ok now, and slide the spring bar out. But no, the middle part of the link is made up of separate parts, and they are VERY SMALL. I was lucky that when mine came to bits one of them (I thought I'd lost) was caught in a fold in my jumper!

4) God help me if I'd lost any and had to buy replacements...

The bracelet is a work of art though. Feels really tactile, and the links just flow.

Now I have learned how to adjust pin and collar Seikos I am quite happy with them. I had a relatively dressy GS with tiny, tiny screws - even the local jeweller struggled with them. I was actually pleased to see the GS divers I recently bought have pin and collars.

Craftsman
    Thanks all.. I'll give the Seiko service centre a try.