closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone dealt with Subdial.co watch dealers?

Anyone dealt with Subdial.co watch dealers?

Hi all,

I'm considering selling a watch and have requested a few estimates from various watch dealers. Subdial.co have come back with a decent offer and I wanted to ask if any members have dealt with them before. Any feedback would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Craftsman
    Bought a vintage Universal Geneve from them last year just before lockdown. Had tried to view the watch in person as I'm not far from them, but were unable to organise a mutually convenient time - sounded like they are watch dealers part-time. Went ahead with anyway and the watch was in nice condition and fair price, so would happily purchase from them again. They've really upped the quality of their inventory in the last year, so it did make me wonder if lockdown had seen them go fulltime or they had got a financial backer due the increase in quality stock.

Completed two sales to them.

I found them very efficient and fair on pricing. Communication was excellent and payment was made within 24 hours of the watches being in their hands.

Master
    I haven’t actually bought or sold but had some discussions.

They seem way better than most competition to me, very professional and reasonable.

Impressed

I’ve had dealings with them recently - very impressed with their professionalism. The lady who handles the front end (Sim) is excellent and they also have a watch authenticator (Ed) who knows his stuff. They are both happy to chat things through. If you are selling to them they use a courier to pick your watch up. Prices for buying and selling appear very fair and reasonable indeed. They seem to be developing a very good reputation on the back of many 5 star reviews on trustpilot.

Thanks very much everyone - this all sounds reassuring so far. I'd appreciate any more feedback anyone might have. Thanks again for your help.

Dealt with them too and the experience was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough I stumbled on their chrono24 listings a few days ago and checked out their website. I was impressed by the quality of their photos and the amount of detail they show - some other dealers should take note.
    Glad to see the positive reviews here and good luck to them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bought and they negotiated a bit on price. Was a fair deal.

Just to come back to this thread to say that I did sell to Sub Dial in the end and would thoroughly recommend them. Their communication was really helpful and responsive. The service worked perfectly - they send you packaging for the watch and arrange for DHL collection. The shipping is fully insured by them. They paid the exact price they had estimated in full really quickly. I will certainly deal with them again.

Thought it was worth an update from me too...

just completed a very smooth transaction with the team at Subdial. Sold them my IWC Pilots Watch, the DHL collection worked brilliantly, they paid exactly what they had quoted me (based on the pictures I sent them) and great comms throughout. I'd definitely use them again

Craftsman
    I’ve sold to subdial and decline as WF had a better offer.

The transaction with subdial was smooth and payment was quick. Faster than WF.

I'm in the process of doing a part-ex deal with them. So far the process has been superb. Great price offered on both what I offered as part-ex (some £500 more than I asked on SC) and also the price on the watch being purchased (again some £550 less than the cheapest one was offered on SC!). Very helpful and prompt responses via the chat on their website.

Sent the DHL packaging to me ahead of the pick up today and now the watch is on its way to them (they sent me an email to confirm DHL had picked it up with a link to track it, stating now it was with DHL everything is covered by their insurance). Excellent! I'll update once the final deal has gone through but I'll for sure have these guys at the top of my list now if the rest of the transaction is like what I have experienced thus far.

Helpful feedback above. Definitely one to bookmark for the future (assuming it stays around long enough for my timeframes).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Helpful feedback above. Definitely one to bookmark for the future (assuming it stays around long enough for my timeframes).
    They are backed by people with experience in the industry so they should be around for a while.

Transaction now completed, excellent experience with great comms all the way through. Fair price offered for my piece and I got a BNIB Kurono Chronograph 2 at near list price and at least £2k cheaper than dealers offering on Chrono24. Also, there was an issue re payment of balance to my account that they resolved very quickly (within a couple of hours) and with continual updates. Why that is important to me is it gave a glimpse of how they respond to issues as and when they arise and they did a great job. I dealt with the lady 'Sim' there and she was fantastic all the way through.

Nothing but praise for them.

Glad you had a good outcome Ryan. Sim is excellent - superb customer service.

Sim (and Subdial) has been "carded" for future use / reference.

I am considering purchasing a watch from Subdial and wondered if they were still regarded as reliable.

Unless they've gone to pot in the last 8 weeks, you've got to say yes! My dealings with them have been excellent. Made a purchase at Christmas and all went very well. They then contacted me a couple of weeks ago offering to buy the watch back for a lot more than I paid. I didn't take them up on it, but obviously proactive in sourcing watches for customers.

Yes, I've had a few dealings with them now and they've been great. A reliable company in my experience.

Yes they are superb to deal with

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Unless they've gone to pot in the last 8 weeks, you've got to say yes! My dealings with them have been excellent. Made a purchase at Christmas and all went very well. They then contacted me a couple of weeks ago offering to buy the watch back for a lot more than I paid. I didn't take them up on it, but obviously proactive in sourcing watches for customers.
    1815 chrono on the second hand market have gone very scarce it seems. I had been keeping any eye on them.

Journeyman
    I've bought a watch from them and the transaction went very smoothly, would happily recommend them

I can't say I am having much luck with them with regard to part exchange :(

I was after a 2013 IWC watch costing £3500 (comes with papers but a worn box) and wanted to part ex, to maybe knock off £500, to make it a worth while purchase.

So using their watch selection drop down menu, I selected "Casio" and offered my Multi-coloured Titanium G-shock (RRP £1400)

Reply back sorry we don't stock casio is there anything else you want to part ex.

So I look at their drop down list and see Alpina, and so offer my newish Alpina Chronograph..

Reply back sorry we don't stock Alpina is there anything else you want to part ex.

At this point I suggested that they should update their drop down menu to only include watch brands that they are interested in.

I was finally offered £600 for my few months old Tag Heuer F1 Red Bull Chronograph ie 39% of the RRP - so I decided to give up

I guess I would be better paying an extra £600 for a brand new IWC (I can get one for £4039)
    Last edited by odyseus10; 31st December 2021 at 19:05.

Craftsman

Recommended

Just to chip in, I bought a watch from them a few months ago. They were fast to reply to emails, nice to deal with on the phone and negotiated fairly if firmly.

The watch was with me the morning after I paid and was to the letter what we’d discussed.

I would recommend them and on the days I fancy something else, I look at Subdial first.

Journeyman
    Yea, bought off them. Was very impressed with their pre and aftersales communications.