closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quartz worktops

Quartz worktops

We are looking to change our worktops and like the look of the quartz in white with some veins. Looked online and they are a large array of companies selling them, has anyone done this recently? and can recommend a company? I have requested a few quotes online and GQ Worktops seem well priced.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    We are looking to change our worktops and like the look of the quartz in white with some veins. Looked online and they are a large array of companies selling them, has anyone done this recently? and can recommend a company? I have requested a few quotes online and GQ Worktops seem well priced.
    Where are you?

I live between Leeds and York

Master
    Blog Entries
    We have white quartz with a texture in. The material is from these people. https://www.silestone.co.uk/

But it was cut and fitted by a local.

We are very pleased with, been in 4 years and looks like new still.
    Last edited by Montello; 21st April 2021 at 09:13.

We used these guys, great price and quality service;

https://www.mayfairgranite.co.uk/sho...xoCb9MQAvD_BwE

As above we also chose Silestone as the material. 3 years on still so please with it every day.

We've had white quartz for about 18months now, unsurprisingly it still looks like new.

Ours was by Beltrami from memory, white with a very subtle speckle. We've got 500mm splashbacks too - interestingly it was only about £250 more for this than getting the backs tiled, so worth considering in my opinion.

Ours gets marks from tea oddly, but a quick spray with barkeepers friend gets rid of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    We used these guys, great price and quality service;

https://www.mayfairgranite.co.uk/sho...xoCb9MQAvD_BwE

As above we also chose Silestone as the material. 3 years on still so please with it every day.
    £2,800 for a fully templated and fitted quartz worktop struck me as being ok…. Included a large island and another decent run with cut outs and drainage too…

One to ponder as I was sure I was going with wood before (just a prettier surface)

Edit: just had a sales call and it’s dropped to £2400
    Last edited by Wolfie; 21st April 2021 at 10:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    £2,800 for a fully templated and fitted quartz worktop struck me as being ok…. Included a large island and another decent run with cut outs and drainage too…

One to ponder as I was sure I was going with wood before (just a prettier surface)

Edit: just had a sales call and it’s dropped to £2400
    I quite like the white macabus but the cost was £2700 for just a L-shaped kitchen, around 3m2. GQ came in around £2k for the same L shape and the utility room. I know cost is not always the deciding factor but it's a big saving for more materials.

Will try go down this weekend as they are local and take a look.

Craftsman
    Wehave had quartz for circa 9 years and ours was a dark colour which annoyed my OCD as i was cleaning it with car detailler to remove the slightest mark . Her indoors chipped it twice which i luckily found the chip and stuck back in .
    We had quotes for the new extension of the kitchen which were circa £3k and her indoors wanted oak so i have gone with that this time after wasting plenty of time on a lighter quartz which she did not like as they do .
    I am not going to break my neck to put quartz in again unless her indoors says so

We got quoted, just under 4K for 5.6m2 from a local company in Inverness, it’s about £1500 cheaper than the kitchen companies themselves.
    We just need to go down and choose a colour.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

We had Bloomstone Snowdon (at least I think it was, we were flipping between this and istone Alaska) installed last year.

It was 2k for just under 4m2 all in and we managed to keep it within the single slab size (about 1.6 x 3.3m) by not going with upstands and tiling all the way down to the surface.

When I lived in North Leeds (Meanwood) and we did our house renovation I got my Quartz worktops direct from Sheridans in Wakefield. They fabricate.

https://www.sheridan-uk.com

Cutting out the middleman and dealing direct with them saved about 40% on the final price.

If you’re coming over the Pennines, try Granite Zone as well whilst you’re over here. They have showrooms in Oldham and the outskirts of Manchester. I’ve just got a quote today from them.