closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival Speedmaster Moonwatch Master Chronometer - MMC

New arrival Speedmaster Moonwatch Master Chronometer - MMC

Good morning,

So here it is, I could not resist since I saw it in the Omega boutique. After clearing up some loved, but unused watches, including unfortunately my PO 8500, I picked up the new Speedy.

It will be my 6th Moonwatch (..maybe I missed one) but by far the best IMHO. Everything fits!

The bracelet is incredible. I have always been a big fan of the 1450 bracelet (who is not!?), but I think this one is as good as. No polished links for the Hesa-model. The clasp with microadjustment (singular). The tapering from 20 to 15mm. Omega you nailed it.

The dial is, literally, a step up the last one. No nonsense 'Co Axial Master Chronometer' writing, very subtle changes to the fonts and sizes that make totally sense. The new seconds indices. All fantasticly discreet and in line of a Speedy enthousiast like me. No fake old Luminova!

Return of the old, diamond end secondhand, last seen on the 145.012. Even the weight of the watch is spot on. Light but not too light.

Now for a statement: I think I am done! This is it!

With the purchase of this watch, I believe to have the perfect selection:

The Gold 8 days IWC Portugieser, the Speedy, the Garmin Commander, the Citizen JP 2000, my fathers Gold watch and a G Shock will have to do for the next foreseeable future. I promised to myself to not buy a new watch for the next 5 years.

I will also spend less time here. Temptations can be too strong sometimes. ;-)

So Good bye and Good luck...........

Master
    Any chance of a picture of the clasp when you’ve got the opportunity to do so? Now for a couple of dumb questions: Does this model come with the unnecessarily large box and does the seconds hand hack, or do you still need to put a little pressure on the crown to delay the seconds hand?

I’ve had two of the standard Moonwatch models and two FOIS during my time here. I still think of picking up another Moonwatch, but this new model could now be a contender.

^^^

it does hack and afaik box is smaller.

Master
    Congrats - very nice.
    What sort of micro adjustment does the clasp have?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    ^^^

it does hack and afaik box is smaller.
    Thanks, Normunds.

Craftsman
    Very nice, the new bracelet looks fantastic and you could certainly argue that it is now the perfect watch.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Any chance of a picture of the clasp when you’ve got the opportunity to do so? Now for a couple of dumb questions: Does this model come with the unnecessarily large box and does the seconds hand hack, or do you still need to put a little pressure on the crown to delay the seconds hand?

I’ve had two of the standard Moonwatch models and two FOIS during my time here. I still think of picking up another Moonwatch, but this new model could now be a contender.
    As confirmed by Normunds, the movement hacks, the box is much smaller (but still nice). Below the clasp which is infinetly better than all other Omega clasps IMHO.
    I have also tried to capture details of the microadjustment.
    The links of the bracelets are small, so perfect fit on this Omega (for once!) is not an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post

As confirmed by Normunds, the movement hacks, the box is much smaller (but still nice). Below the clasp which is infinetly better than all other Omega clasps IMHO.
    I have also tried to capture details of the microadjustment.
    The links of the bracelets are small, so perfect fit on this Omega (for once!) is not an issue.

Lovely watch, I can see why you say no more for while, but 5 years???

It looks like they took inspiration from their Mark 2 bracelet. Very well designed due to getting link dimesions spot on, easy to get exactly the right fit and even makes a heavier watch feel very comfortable to wear.

Journeyman
    Having tried this watch on in an Omega boutique, I do thinks it's a 'better' watch than the outgoing model. Aside from the movement, the dial is a bit more special, the watch is lighter on the wrist and the bracelet/clasp is excellent quality and very comfortable (although I do wonder about it's longevity).

But my overriding initial impression was one of a slight delicateness - it felt very much like the Zenith El Primero I happened to be wearing. The appeal of this watch for me in the past was that it was a tool that did it's job in space. This model just feels a bit less purposeful. Hope to spend a bit more time with it in the future to see if those first impressions last.

Congratulations. Looks great. Do post more pics at your leisure.
    Can I hold you to a 100 quid donation to the fund raiser if you buy another watch in next 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Can I hold you to a 100 quid donation to the fund raiser if you buy another watch in next 5 years?
    Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The bracelet looks to be a massive step up from the previous gen. Could never get used to the long end links on my 6 inch wrists. Enjoy in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Actually looks very nice. If only there was some discounts on this model?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Actually looks very nice. If only there was some discounts on this model?
    I got a bit of a price at Chronext. CHF 5,970 was the best I could get. They are CHF 6,250 at the Omega boutique
    I can recommend them. Nice, fast and super service