closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What watch are you considering picking up next?

What watch are you considering picking up next?

I’m sure many would agree that the thrill of discovering a watch, reading multiple reviews, setting up notifications, checking sold prices and looking at what can go from the current collection to fund it, can often exceed the thrill of actual ownership. I think that’s probably why I can’t help buying more.

Also, sometimes that passion is fleeting and I move on before purchasing, but it’s still exciting while it lasts!

For me, currently, it’s a Seiko SPB197.

I’m not looking for PMs, this isn’t a WTB, but rather a I think I might buy this, at some point, maybe...

What’s yours??

Master
    Zenith Chronomaster Sport.

Over the last few weeks I seem to have developed a new obsession with Doxa. Owned the 1000t, 1200t and a host of vintage 300 models that are all worth a small fortune now, but I’ve decided I want, no need, a 300 re edition and probably an Aqualung. Despite moving all of my old ones on with little interest in revisiting the brand for a number of years the chase has started. Of course the “lust” factor is increased knowing they are not readily available.

Master
    Zenith chronomaster sport, white dial. Or a white dial seamaster. Saving up, one of those.... Or something else, will be for my 50th. 2 years to save.

Explorer 36mm.

Something relatively inexpensive and probably from Hamilton for me...Intramatic, Pilot Pioneer or Field Mechanical maybe.

I would love a Submariner, but have sworn never to wear a Rolex due to dichotomic visual impact syndrome.
    If only there were an acceptable alternative.....

On the list for a Batgirl GMT.
    Going to pop in to the AD next week for an adjustment on a lockdown purchase, might have a chat about changing to an Oyster bracelet.
    But not really that fussed. I have the Oyster on a couple of other watches it might be nice to have a change.

Yacht-Master 42

ND Sub is the only watch on my hit list currently. No doubt I will therefore buy and sell a half dozen watches in the interim

Not sure, but need to sell 3-4 before I buy another!

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a former 42mm Explorer II owner - I wouldnt mind seeing how different the new version wears with the small
    tweaks, much like the new Subs.

Fancy a black dial this time round

Have a hankering for the ‘right’ Franck Muller. Not too blingy ; a really nice dial, precious metal (a darker rose gold if I can find one), something like a retrograde seconds Long Island.

Treading very carefully!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    For investment a Patek 5167a is on my list.

Master
    This...should already have it but the numbers from Omega have not been reaching dealers as promised.

Craftsman
    Probably a Philip Watch Caribbean although there are a few others I'd like to add if they come up.

Hopefully one of these :)

Master
    I'm picking a new Skydweller up Today and going to speak to them about getting me a Day Date 40 for my 40th next summer.

No idea if that is feasible but going to try at least.

I'd like to get a Vacheron or Lange three hander.
    My biggest problem though is deciding what to sell in order to justify the new purchase!

Master
    Maybe an Omega PO Chrono or a Santos De Cartier.
    Last edited by aksing; 21st April 2021 at 10:10.

Craftsman
    Seamaster 300m but they keep releasing new colours which doesn’t help the decision making process!

I don’t have a Chrono so thinking of a Speedy Pro next, but wont be for a while as I have to pay for the Air King first.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Never tried on a Daytona and would love to... zenith or 116520 (anything non-ceramic)

The unobtainium panda-dial Tudor Chrono.
    Am on a couple of waiting lists of Dealers that I have used before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same as last year for me. When have spare cash Oris 65 Arabic numbers, Nomos Club Dunkel, then hoping Tag Monaco towards the end of the year.

Only other watch that I would pick up is an older Tag Aquaracer WAN2110 maybe.

I can honestly say that there is nothing I am currently interested in.
    I will continue to pick up the UK issued watches I want to add to the collection as and when the appear on the market but I have no idea what will be next.
    There has not been a new watch (bar the recent Synchron) that has tempted me for a long time.

Master
    Probably going to buy a IWC MK XVIII petit prince in next week or so

And the new BB chrono
    Last edited by Hooshabak; 20th April 2021 at 11:49.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Whatever takes my fancy on ebay next.

For the first time in a long time, I don't know.

My perfect Next Watch would be a solar-powered day/date GMT chronograph with an orange dial, superb legibility and a hardened steel case, 41-44mm, good WR, sapphire crystal, <1K. Since nobody makes - or will ever make - such a thing, I'm a little stuck...

I do have plenty I need to sell, and I would like to change my Sinn U1 for a U1B. At some point I plan to return my Dekla to Germany for a re-dial and different hands, as the blue-on-blue I have is a challenge to my presbyopia. At some point I may do something similar with my Damasko DSub3 - have it redialled with the blue DSub2 dial and change the crystal for a no-outer-antireflective-coating one, but that can wait for servicing time, which should be years away!

Tricky one!

I'm still really quite drawn to the Zenith Defy Ceramic, especially in black. That might be a purchase if I can find one at sensible money new.

I do have a very tidy full 16570 polar that I might like to move on/trade up to a 16710 pepsi bezel. It's a watch I've always loved but have never had the pleasure of owning.

The 16520 Zenith Daytona I picked up from here will get smartened up this year with a very light polish. I swore I'd only wear it for special occasions but it's the comfiest watch I've ever worn so it's getting plenty of wear.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    My perfect Next Watch would be a solar-powered day/date GMT chronograph with an orange dial, superb legibility and a hardened steel case, 41-44mm, good WR, sapphire crystal, <1K.
    Ruddy hell yes, I thought, read on, read on, that sounds perfect, I'm all over that, what is it? ...

Since nobody makes - or will ever make - such a thing, I'm a little stuck...
    ... damn, you had me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Ruddy hell yes, I thought, read on, read on, that sounds perfect, I'm all over that, what is it? ...

... damn, you had me there.

Soz. Wonder how many of us it would take to make a group-buy from someone like Dekla or Ickler financially viable?

It's the sort of thing Citizen could make, but they usually blow it with fiddly, over-complicated dials, with too many tiny numbers - I know because I have something that ticks all of those boxes except the orange bit -

...looks fine at this scale, but I cannot read the subdials or see the chrono seconds properly without specs.

Must stick it on SC at some point, great watch for someone with better eyesight than me.

For the first time in a long time, I don't know.

My perfect Next Watch would be a solar-powered day/date GMT chronograph with an orange dial, superb legibility and a hardened steel case, 41-44mm, good WR, sapphire crystal, <1K. Since nobody makes - or will ever make - such a thing, I'm a little stuck...

I do have plenty I need to sell, and I would like to change my Sinn U1 for a U1B. At some point I plan to return my Dekla to Germany for a re-dial and different hands, as the blue-on-blue I have is a challenge to my presbyopia. At some point I may do something similar with my Damasko DSub3 - have it redialled with the blue DSub2 dial and change the crystal for a no-outer-antireflective-coating one, but that can wait for servicing time, which should be years away!
    You lost me at solar powered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    As a former 42mm Explorer II owner - I wouldnt mind seeing how different the new version wears with the small
    tweaks, much like the new Subs.

Fancy a black dial this time round
    I'd like to try on a new Polar Exp II, I like the idea of the new movement and don't mind the other small changes.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Rolesium Yacht-master 16622 for me. My first Rolex.
    Going to view it next Tuesday, then decide if I want to part with a (for me) colossal amount of pennies. If its in good nick, I'm sure I will.....

A

Master
    Taken a fancy to a petetual calendar watch, unfortunately every time I look at what is out there the price bands increase, need a nice lottery win now.

Blog Entries
    One is in the cross-hairs - fingers are poised on the trigger

15450ST.OO.1256ST.01

- this will “cost me” two watches from my collection.

Master
    I'm pretty happy with what I have at the moment but a few watches I'd consider.
    An IWC Mark Xii or Mark XV but no sure I would enjoy it much more than my Omega Dynamic.
    And Air King 34mm or a Explorer 36mm, but only if certain other things happen in life first.
    Maybe an older Omega SMP. The CWC Diver has proven to me that 41mm dive watches are wearable.
    There is a longer list, but all well out of budget at the moment.

Master
    IWC fliegeruhr chrono' on bracelet, one I have hankered over for years but never the right time, etc., etc.
    All I need to do is convince the wife that I really need one, now.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    The upcoming kurono anniversary release, whenever that occurs (should be late May based on last year). Also have a grand seiko on order but who knows when that will come in.

Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    Seamaster 300m but they keep releasing new colours which doesn’t help the decision making process!
    Make sure you see all options in the flesh. You may be surprised that the one you thought you want turns out to be underwhelming but the one you never considered really sings to you.

VC overseas Dual Time will hopefully be on my wrist before the year is out

Sent using Tapatalk. Excuse the lack of apostrophes.

Craftsman
    I feel I’m recently in a dangerous mood where I’m very open to buying something, and sales corner keeps prompting a flurry of googling into this or that, esp that ingeniuer.

Recently a BB58 has been gaining traction in my head. Didn’t react well to the gilt when saw Mikes from here a few years ago, but would be interested to look again or see the blue. I am lacking a decent diver that’s not too thick.

In terms of grail, a Royal Oak would do the trick. And you feel like prices are going one way so sooner the better, but would need to sell things which I never get around to.

There are a few bits on SC which I keep coming back to, but really what I'm after is the Iriomote green Seiko MM200, the SPB207. I think it looks fantastic and I already have (and really rate) the black-dial version.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    There are a few bits on SC which I keep coming back to, but really what I'm after is the Iriomote green Seiko MM200, the SPB207. I think it looks fantastic and I already have (and really rate) the black-dial version.
    That’s also on my hit list but wanted to try one on first. There’s one on eBay at a decent price now, which I’m probably going to let slide (no affiliation to the seller)

I am really liking the new Omega Seamaster 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    OP 36 silver dial

Journeyman
    New Zenith Chronomaster with white dial

Master
    I’d like a Lange but it would have to be the Saxonia and even then I don’t think I could afford it. Maybe next year.

Atticus Pelion, should be arriving early summer.