closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What watch are you considering picking up next?

Craftsman
    I would like a doxa probably a 300t and a damasko dc66 and maybe one of the new ollech and wajs divve watches .

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I don’t currently have a chrono in the collection, something from Sinn would be preferred but spent up for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’d like the new Rolex Explorer I at 36mm but at 70 years of age I’d like to get it before I die : so I’m seriously considering the Tudor Black Bay 36 as an alternative.

Despite being 'not in to chronographs' I find myself drawn to the Speedmaster moon watch obviously there's a wealth of information out there that I'm yet to jump in to but is there such a thing as a 'best bang per buck' model that I should be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Despite being 'not in to chronographs' I find myself drawn to the Speedmaster moon watch obviously there's a wealth of information out there that I'm yet to jump in to but is there such a thing as a 'best bang per buck' model that I should be looking at?
    I owned two previously and thought after their huge price jumps over the years, the Moonwatch doesn't represent particularly good "bang for buck" any more for such a basic feeling watch. 2020 seemed to be a year where prices went silly - driven by the new version and the discontinuation of the FOIS model. At the start of last year, there were Sapphire Sandwiches going unsold for £3300 and FOIS would stay for ages on SC for £2600. 15-months later and you can add £1k to those prices, which makes me feel like they have gone OTT.

I find myself drawn away from the Moonwatch to the more modern models with sapphire glass and modern movement. I now have the Mark 2 reissue.

If you are willing to look beyond the Moonwatch at other Speedmasters, I think best value is found in some of the vintage Mark 2 models as long as you get a good example. I've also seen some keenly priced "reduced" models (the automatic version) kicking around from time to time.
    Last edited by Christian; 26th April 2021 at 13:07.

Master
    I’m probably going to go with the new moonwatch.

I’ve just checked the now discontinued 39 explorer on watchfinder and they are listed them at 9.75k.

Absolutely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I owned two previously and thought after their huge price jumps over the years, the Moonwatch doesn't represent particularly good "bang for buck" any more for such a basic feeling watch. I find myself drawn away from the Moonwatch to the more modern models with sapphire glass and modern movement. I now have the Mark 2 reissue.

If you are willing to look beyond the Moonwatch at other Speedmasters, I think best value is found in some of the vintage Mark 2 models as long as you get a good example. I've also seen some keenly priced "reduced" models (the automatic version) kicking around from time to time.
    I did a quick search on sc and the mk2 does seem very good value compared to the moonwatch so thanks for that and I'll add it to the considerations. I did try a reduced on a while ago and I liked it but that was before I 'got' larger watches so it may be too small for my tastes nowadays. I got a Seamaster Diver 300m back in October but the bracelet is too loose so I will be taking it back to the AD for resizing soon. I'll take the opportunity to have a look at the Speedy range as much to get an idea of the sizes than anything else. Cheers.

I need to get one of these out of my system

Craftsman
    I am picking up something really special tomorrow, in a real shop - in person! I'm very excited and it is something I've wanted a long time and a first for me too.

That said already turned thoughts to a gap in the collection - a black or white dial diver that works on a rubber strap. I've never been mad on Omega before now, but suddenly I'm really fancying one! For me it is between a Seamaster 300 (maybe even the rose gold one) or a BB58 (black and gilt). Decisions, decisions!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by al1991 View Post
    I’d like a Lange but it would have to be the Saxonia and even then I don’t think I could afford it. Maybe next year.
    This. I'm reluctant to spend the requisite but want something German, possibly with a big date.

Might get a Nomos Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    There are a few bits on SC which I keep coming back to, but really what I'm after is the Iriomote green Seiko MM200, the SPB207. I think it looks fantastic and I already have (and really rate) the black-dial version.
    Funny how things work out. I now no longer have the black MM200, and am awaiting a chunk of 1970's JLC quartz loveliness.

Thinking about a new 36mm DateJust. Definitely on a jubilee bracelet. Probably fluted bezel but possibly domed bezel. Blue stick dial or maybe silver stick dial.

Apprentice
    Well, since I've just received a Nomos Metro 38 and I have a Unimatic U2 arriving tomorrow, I should say 'nothing'.

But I have a serious obsession with the Cartier Tank Solo XL and it's probably going to lead to me doing something really rash in the next couple of weeks...

Master
    I’m saving up now month by month . I’m trying to not be distracted by anything under a 1k as that will cause a delay . Thoughts are to get to 2k and see what pops via auction or general 2nd hand with either a Speedie date in the 7750 dial iteration with panda or reverse panda. Or a vintage Wittnaur , Gallet , crossover Heuer / Tag 1000 series. If any small windfall was to occur ( doubtful sadly )then definitely think latest model Tudor chrono’s are the best looking since the Big Blocks and would definitely be on the list
    Last edited by Mark lowman; 26th April 2021 at 20:13.

Craftsman
    I've got a real hankering for an IWC Pilot's Watch Chronograph Top Gun.

I've never owned a ceramic watch before, and really like pilot's watches!

Craftsman
    Have a need for a reverse panda dial to complete my collection.
    The Zenith Chronomaster is lovely but I am doing the right thing and splitting my budget to hopefully purchase a Rolex for my wife’s retirement and our 30th wedding anniversary. On a list but warned could be 12 months.
    I will then settle on the new Tudor Blackbay reverse panda ....no doubt a wait for this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    Have a need for a reverse panda dial to complete my collection.
    The Zenith Chronomaster is lovely but I am doing the right thing and splitting my budget to hopefully purchase a Rolex for my wife’s retirement and our 30th wedding anniversary. On a list but warned could be 12 months.
    I will then settle on the new Tudor Blackbay reverse panda ....no doubt a wait for this also.

I was brave enough to go to my local AD and asked to be put on 'the list' for this (my mother loves it...) still nothing a few months later... we ll see!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Id like a GS diver, or the seasons spring edition below.

My next one is either gonna be a Tudor GMT or the new chrono with the white dial.

Either way it's gonna be a good while before it can happen.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    Just a basic quartz GS - but with the updated movement and larger case size, the SBGP013

Not quite in the same division as some of the lovelies above perhaps but I rather fancy an artic white MSAR.

I’m visiting an AD to try on a Tudor BB 36 - hope the size works for me

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I was brave enough to go to my local AD and asked to be put on 'the list' for this (my mother loves it...) still nothing a few months later... we ll see!
    Really frustrating, hope yours delivers. There is a nice video on You Tube , Jenni Elle for this watch.

I'm quite taken by the Bulgari Octo Finissimo stainless blue dial. Anyone have one or tried one? Aiming to get up to London boutique and try one at some stage.
    https://www.bulgari.com/en-gb/103431.html

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    This. I'm reluctant to spend the requisite but want something German, possibly with a big date.

Might get a Nomos Metro.
    I can recommend the Nomos Orion Neomatik Date 41mm. The date window is a great size for my old eyes.

Craftsman
    I have realised recently that all my watches have batons only, so I am hankering after a dress watch with Arabic numerals instead. Also I want them to be applied and not painted on the dial, for added depth. I think a white dial with blue hands/indices is a great combination, and a date would be nice. Which all leads me to this Tudor 1926:

In a similar vein, but much more expensive, is this IWC Portugieser:

I prefer the Tudor anyway, because most of my existing watches already have the second hand as a sub-register, and next time I want it to be a full hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I can recommend the Nomos Orion Neomatik Date 41mm. The date window is a great size for my old eyes.
    I've seen a green one on sale funnily enough, but am now leaning towards a Glashutte 60's. They're all lovely. The big date is a bit jarring on the dial but performs superbly by all accounts.

Black with the black date window lessens the distraction.

Meanwhile I'm considering a Timex Marlin just to make sure I'm ok with a dress watch as a daily. I'm all over the show here.

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    Rolesium Yacht-master 16622 for me. My first Rolex.
    Going to view it next Tuesday, then decide if I want to part with a (for me) colossal amount of pennies. If its in good nick, I'm sure I will.....

A
    .....and picked up yesterday! Very pleased with it I have to say. Due to the curved-down nature of the lugs it is very comfortable to wear.

A

Journeyman
    Id love to get a gmt master 2 pepsi with a jubilee bracelet. But they have really shot up in price and i fear i may have waited a Little too long.

Even a rootbeer id love, but again i just cant get hold of one.

Master

I do like the new black bay chrono black dial. Had enquired but they seem quite hard to get for now...

Journeyman
    Rolesium Yacht-master 16622 for me. My first Rolex.
    Going to view it next Tuesday, then decide if I want to part with a (for me) colossal amount of pennies. If its in good nick, I'm sure I will.....

A
    You will fall in love buddy!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    You lost me at solar powered.
    Lol. Dont get stuck in the dark

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie View Post
    Hopefully one of these :)

YASSSSSSSSS

A Douglas 'Big-Eye' chronograph from Wolbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyguy70 View Post
    You will fall in love buddy!

Thanks I did! See #78 above....

A

Craftsman
    Either a CWC chronograph or W10 for me. Already have the RN Diver and feel like adding to the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a snoopy timex in the sale. If it gets wrist time I'll go for a Glashutte. Very similar watches, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I did a quick search on sc and the mk2 does seem very good value compared to the moonwatch so thanks for that and I'll add it to the considerations. I did try a reduced on a while ago and I liked it but that was before I 'got' larger watches so it may be too small for my tastes nowadays. I got a Seamaster Diver 300m back in October but the bracelet is too loose so I will be taking it back to the AD for resizing soon. I'll take the opportunity to have a look at the Speedy range as much to get an idea of the sizes than anything else. Cheers.
    Bit of an update: I just had my Seamaster Diver 300M resized and while I was at the AD I tried a Speedmaster on. It was the sapphire sandwich manual wind and oh my word it wore well. I was concerned that it may be too thick and large but in fact it's slimmer and the case is smaller than my Seamaster. Not sure if the auto co-axial wears similar (they didn't have one in stock)? I imagine the older versions wear similar too?

The current ones are £5k plus so I'll probably start looking at used prices. Could well be my next watch.

What watch are you considering picking up next?

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    Just a basic quartz GS - but with the updated movement and larger case size, the SBGP013
    That is beautiful. Recently tried on the sbgp005 (also blue dial 9f and the 44gs case) and was very much impressed. It’s so hard to do a clean design “right”. Didn’t see this version, looks like a different case style mostly and an oyster style bracelet.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post

I do like the new black bay chrono black dial. Had enquired but they seem quite hard to get for now...
    Very nice those black bay chronograph mate

Blog Entries
    .....and picked up yesterday! Very pleased with it I have to say. Due to the curved-down nature of the lugs it is very comfortable to wear.

A
    Nice one, always liked that model.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    To buy?

I’m after a Rolex Submariner 124060..... which is to say I have no immediate plans to buy a watch.

I thought I had no specific purchases in mind, then Dekla bought the DC7n range, and now I would very much like a DC76

Master
    After selling my MR-G a while back I now have a hankering to get another. This time the MRG-G1000-1A4......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I thought I had no specific purchases in mind, then Dekla bought the DC7n range, and now I would very much like a DC76

I rather like that, too. IWC 3706 meets Sinn EZM10. Simple styling and great functionality.

A bit of a toss up between that and an EZM1.1 though I have already got a Lemania 5100 Fortis B-42 LE with a centre minute display. But both are simpler than the Fortis in different ways...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I rather like that, too. IWC 3706 meets Sinn EZM10. Simple styling and great functionality.

A bit of a toss up between that and an EZM1.1 though I have already got a Lemania 5100 Fortis B-42 LE with a centre minute display. But both are simpler than the Fortis in different ways...
    I do love the various Sinn EZM centre-seconds chronos, but I'm averse to the Lemania movements purely because of their declining serviceability - getting parts is only going to go from "difficult" to "impossible" in the future, sadly. Beats me why Sinn don't put "their" SZ01 movement in something other than the 140!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    After selling my MR-G a while back I now have a hankering to get another. This time the MRG-G1000-1A4......
    After phoning CW Sellors and getting what I think is a good deal I've ordered the MR-G, now the waiting begins😏

Journeyman
    Added a BB58 this week and think I'm pretty much done for now, on the long term lookout for some type of Cartier tank for herself. She will come to the dark side eventually...

Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Automatic Speed Black - hopefully on its way :-)