closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple Airplay Issues

Apple Airplay Issues

All,

I picked up an Applepod Mini with a view to link it to my Mac and watch Sky Go / Netflix etc on it.

It's fine playing music on it from my IPhone / Ipad on Apple Music or just telling it to play using Siri. But this evening I have noticed a small delay snyc wise. A delay of about a second or so.

I've tried rebooting the Mac and the Applepod a number of times but with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Best,

Ben

Hello

For clarity, it's a lag on the Sky Go App when streaming live programmes. But it's also doing it on NOW TV on programmes that aren't live. Which it didn't do before.

Airplay has a slight lag, I wouldn't watch TV with it.

Hello

Ah bugger, one of the main reasons I got the Applepod thing was for that. As well as listening to music on it.

For context airplay uses WiFi for music so the speaker actually downloads part of the music before playing it back to make sure the quality is great. Bluetooth just streams it so the quality can't match airplay.

I'm guessing on TV it can't download the sound in advance and has to just stream it hence the delay.

If the homepod has an aux socket I'd use that. If it's a laptop and you use it at a desk is just get some small wired speakers.

I’ve got a few homepods and must admit I’ve never linked any of them to my tv. I did have a similar issue though with a soundbar, and seem to remember there was a setting on the tv so you could adjust the sound ‘delay’. Oddly it was only ever Amazon Prime which had the issue but I was able to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

All,

Thanks for the replies to date. So the Applepod Mini is only being linked to my Macbook / Ipad / Iphone not the TV. Apple TV and Netflix seem fine. Just Sky Go and NOW TV bizarrely!