closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decisions, Decisions...BB58,,In the House!

Master

Decisions, Decisions...BB58,,In the House!

I've been looking more and more these past months at a Tudor BB58 which one? There's so much choice, but have come down on either black, or the blue..anyone got any pics of either for comparison? Any views on ownership, some real life pics would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by emgee; 22nd April 2021 at 10:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    I've been looking more and more these past months at a Tudor BB58 which one? There's so much choice, but have come down on either black, or the blue..anyone got any pics of either for comparison? Any views on ownership, some real life pics would be most appreciated.
    I owned the black and bought the blue. Kept both for a couple of weeks then chose to sell the black. Just personal preference. I love blue dials so it was easy for me. Also, for me the faux vintage thing is big now but I wasn’t convinced I’d like it in the future. The blue is colder, cleaner and I think for my taste will stand the test of time better. Both are lovely.

Master
    Thanks for this, much appreciated. Nice to see them actually side by side. I must admit I'm with you on the blue, it just seems to pop a bit more.

Craftsman
    Love the blue dial.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks for this, much appreciated. Nice to see them actually side by side. I must admit I'm with you on the blue, it just seems to pop a bit more.
    The blue is very discreet as well. Especially when compared to the Rolex smurf or pelagos.

Craftsman
    Blue dial for me, i've kept that yet the black one was sold a short while after purchasing it
    Last edited by EmilA; 19th April 2021 at 13:22.

Master
    I had a blue and loved it but sold it. However, I might have to get another if I can't get a new Explorer.

Master
    I’m on my fourth BB58 Black! This one’s been with me a year now and I’ve finally fallen for it’s vintage vibe and I’ve moved on almost everything else that I had in my box over the last few months. Nothing else get’s a look in!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

With summer approaching I’d be tempted by blue.

Master
    Thanks guys, this is all sounding very positive!

If the did the taupe dial in a steel case I think I'd be in for one:

Craftsman
    has to be the blue out of these 2

Master
    Had both, although admittedly didn't have the blue one for long. Preferred the Black myself, but each has its merits.

Master
    ooh! amazing what goods pics show - undecide again. Time to book an appointment at a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Had both, although admittedly didn't have the blue one for long. Preferred the Black myself, but each has its merits.

if you have not seen them in the flesh then i would. I bought a black bay blind online and hated the no AR flat crystal.

it glared like a £60 invicta or cheap chinese generic watch in my opinion

I bought the BB58 just too small though for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    I’m on my fourth BB58 Black! This one’s been with me a year now and I’ve finally fallen for it’s vintage vibe and I’ve moved on almost everything else that I had in my box over the last few months. Nothing else get’s a look in!

Just curious but how did you feel about selling the BB58 black for the third time and then buying it for the 4th? Was is a case of here I go again.

Master
    I think you convince yourself you will try it own more time I have had 3 bb 58 original and on my 2nd blue. The blue will be staying. I liked the idea of the black 58 but wore thin after a short time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Black here ... both nice, just about preference.

My most worn watch.

Tudor Black Bay 58 on RubberB

Sailing with the 58

Cycling with the 58

I have had two of the older ETA Black Bays and the gmt and now I’ve settled on the 58 blue. After some time on the wrist I can honestly say “wow, what a watch” I feel it totally deserved the hype on release. My only critique would be the faux rivet bracelet but to be totally real, it doesn’t bother me as much as It did on the GMT and it also looks really good on a nato!

Master

Like the strap, what is it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Like the strap, what is it?
    That’s two different straps - the first is the fabric one from the Newmark 6BB and the second is a sand- coloured nato - possibly one of Eddie’s?

I love the 58, probably my most worn watches

Have the bracelet to change out they look great on the bracelet too.

I have had both...and sold both. A nice wearable watch for sure but ultimately a little characterless. I began to dislike the lack of rehaut depth which allowed Tudor to create the slimmer case profile.

It didn't compare too favourably with my 16610 imo but for the price it is a nice entry in to the world of quality, heritage inspired divers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAlba View Post
    Just curious but how did you feel about selling the BB58 black for the third time and then buying it for the 4th? Was is a case of here I go again.
    A fair question! The third sale was a reluctant cash raising exercise for a watch I thought was a keeper. Turns out it wasn’t and that sometimes the grass is not greener.

Journeyman
    Blue for me. I’m not a massive fan of the gilt on the black. It’s definitely a summer watch for me.

Hard to capture in photos but a love the dial and bezel colour.

For sizing it’s a happy middle between a 5 digit and 6 digit rolex.

My only gripe is the fake rivets on the bracelet but I guess it’s marmite.

Absolutely love my OG BB58. Glad to have it back from Rolex last week.

My daily wearer pretty much for the last 2yrs.

For me perfect size, looks & functions which I want.

Could easily be my only watch. If only I didn’t like variety. Will post pics later.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Absolutely love my OG BB58. Glad to have it back from Rolex last week.

My daily wearer pretty much for the last 2yrs.

For me perfect size, looks & functions which I want.

Could easily be my only watch. If only I didn’t like variety. Will post pics later.

Look forward to pics thanks.

There is no denying the appeal of the BB 58.
    I love quite a few of Tudor releases in last 10 years but BB 58 tops them all, IMHO.
    Also one of my favourite releases in last several years amongst all brands.
    I don’t want to change a thing about it. I don’t even want the blue one to be called a BB58.

If you are not sure which version you like best, you should definitly try to see them both in flesh (hard to manage at the moment). I was into the same decision process and after i saw the black version at an ad, my choice was made. I really fell in love with the retro look, as it gives the watch a kind of warm feel to it. And the color scheme in real live looks just so good with the gold accents, the matt dial and the red triangle. The faux patina is very decent, not overdone. Normally i‘m not a fan of fauxtina on modern watches, as it often looks too artificial. The blue one is also a nice choice, more modern and with a cooler appearance. But for me it was the black version that ticked all my boxes. Can‘t go wrong with either choice.

Here is mine:

It’s a nice problem to have. The new releases don’t do much for me, but I had the blue when it came out. Sold it and got the black, then got blue again, so had both. Very quickly decided to sell the black. I think the blue is the future classic from the BB58 series.

Journeyman
    So I went into my local AD last Saturday, was very much in the market to try out the new Silver BB58 925. I liked it, didn’t love it frankly. What I did love however was the blue and that’s what I walked home with. I have a vintage Tudor as well, and previously owned an Explorer. Frankly I prefer it to both. The blue dial seems to be endlessly interesting and I really find it has a depth and balance to it that I’ve seen on few pieces, and definitely not at this price point. The Blue is the pick of the bunch for me. By some distance

Master
    Thanks for all the pics and wisdom Gents; much appreciated. Got to see a black version in the flesh today. Decision has been made, trigger pulled and should be here for the Friday thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Thats's the correct answer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the pics and wisdom Gents; much appreciated. Got to see a black version in the flesh today. Decision has been made, trigger pulled and should be here for the Friday thread :)
    Nice one, on a bracelet?

Congratulations, that was quick - looking forward for a wristshot.

Great photos,, both look fantastic!
    Would definitely be blue for me.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWatches View Post
    Congratulations, that was quick - looking forward for a wristshot.
    Seems it but have been musing on it for a while, getting a bit excited now!

Look forward to pics thanks.

Bit late & I can see you have made a purchase already, but any excuse to post pics right.

Master
    Never too late! Cheers

Craftsman
    Good choice!

Master
    Arrived earlier than expected (good news, as it's the missus' birthday tomorrow and I don't want to be even happier than she will be!). So, here it is, a load of quick phone pics. Although I saw the black in the metal I've gone with the blue (my fav colour and I have more black faced watches than blue). It was a tough choice but the blue adds a bit of a more modern take imho. The black does seem bigger on the wrist, maybe that was just an illusion.

So far (only been in my hands a half hour!), I love the colour, I like the slightly different blue on the bezel insert, the coin edge bezel is lovely - not bothered about 60 clicks v 120 clicks with a bezel this good. The lack of AR coating never bothers me; I've a few watches without it.
    I went for the soft strap (shame it's not a plush real suede) as I really don't like that fake rivet bracelet. I am really surprised at how light it is; not in a bad way, feels like Ti rather than steel. A couple of pics show it with it's stablemates, a Mido Ocean Star at 40.5mm and a Rado Original at 38.5mm, although it wears bigger to to the oval shape and heavy metal (non)bezel.
    Forgot to add: for ref my wrist is 19.5cm (7.6")

Thanks for all your input guys! One happy bunny! :)

Last edited by emgee; 22nd April 2021 at 10:34.

Arrived earlier than expected (good news, as it's the missus' birthday tomorrow and I don't want to be even happier than she will be!). So, here it is, a load of quick phone pics. Although I saw the black in the metal I've gone with the blue (my fav colour and I have more black faced watches than blue). It was a tough choice but the blue adds a bit of a more modern take imho. The black does seem bigger on the wrist, maybe that was just an illusion.

So far (only been in my hands a half hour!), I love the colour, I like the slightly different blue on the bezel insert, the coin edge bezel is lovely - not bothered about 60 clicks v 120 clicks with a bezel this good. The lack of AR coating never bothers me; I've a few watches without it.
    I went for the soft strap (shame it's not a plush real suede) as I really don't like that fake rivet bracelet. I am really surprised at how light it is; not in a bad way, feels like Ti rather than steel. A couple of pics show it with it's stablemates, a Mido Ocean Star at 40.5mm and a Rado Original at 38.5mm, although it wears bigger to to the oval shape and heavy metal (non)bezel.

Thanks for all your input guys! One happy bunny! :)

Congratulations on this one, it's a stunner!

I've been enjoying this thread even if it's a dangerous one for me: I've gone for the black one myself, and I've been wearing it non stop for about 2 weeks now, very happy about it!
    I'm more attracted to black dial watches usually, but I have to admit I've been starting to feel more and more attraction towards the blue one, and its silver details vs the gilt on mine..
    I still think I made the right choice for myself, but seeing your pictures...

The question is, is there room for 2 black bay 58?

Last edited by Wandril; 22nd April 2021 at 10:40.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    Congratulations on this one, it's a stunner!

I've been enjoying this thread even if it's a dangerous one for me: I've gone for the black one myself, and I've been wearing it non stop for about 2 weeks now, very happy about it!
    I'm more attracted to black dial watches usually, but I have to admit I've been starting to feel more and more attraction towards the blue one, and its silver details vs the gilt on mine..
    I still think I made the right choice for myself, but seeing your pictures...

The question is, is there room for 2 black bay 58?

Oh! I'll defo be looking for a black one in the future!! :)

Master
    excellent choice,looks great!, i bought the same watch last Saturday but haven't had chance to get it out the box yet!!

Master
    That's nearly a week! I couldn't wait that long!! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    excellent choice,looks great!, i bought the same watch last Saturday but haven't had chance to get it out the box yet!!

Master
    Enjoy the new watch. It’s a beaut.

Craftsman
    Congrats, you can’t go wrong with either.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I bought the same watch last Saturday but haven't had chance to get it out the box yet!!
    WHAT ... get a grip and prioritise ...

Congratulations! I’m lucky enough to have both and will be keeping them for a very long time. The blue is absolutely fantastic in the sunshine though and that strap is mega comfy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk