closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Repairing Loose Arms on Sunglasses

Master

Repairing Loose Arms on Sunglasses

I have a pair of AO glasses I rather like. However the temples have become loose. The screw itself it tight so I assume it it just wear and tear. Any way to tighten things up are is my only choice to relegate these to very occasional use. I'm appealing to the collective wisdom.
    Last edited by gerrudd; 18th April 2021 at 21:23.

Can you post some photos of the hinges from above, side on and below? The hinges on sunglasses can differ greatly.

I've had this before on a few pairs of glasses. Screw appears tight but hinge loose. Don't make the mistake I did...apply force and find your screwdriver slips and scratches the whole lens!

Master
    I’ve had this on a few pairs before.

Removed the screw & arm, small piece of insulation tape over the top & bottom of the hole on the arm & trimmed down.

Screw back through the tape, which now provides enough friction to tighten the arm. This has worked for me previously & not visible.

However these are wayfarer frames with chunky arms & hinges. Not sure it would be successful on something like an aviator frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or squeeze the hinge gently with long nose pliers - preferably with a match stick or something to reduce the risk of overtighening/snapping