closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Perfect sizing

Perfect sizing

What is your idea of a perfect fit?

I was surprised to find that what looks spot on to me is a watch that is a little smaller than I would have anticipated.

Pic taken from the TF thread (nicky shout if you don't want me to link to your pic here - I thought it looked great).

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5725933

AO

Is that a strap or a tourniquet?

I did find myself wondering how it would look with the shot taken not quite so close up to the watch.

and yes the strap looks painfully tight, also seems to have the effect of reducing his wrist cf watch.

Tongue FIRMLY in cheek, but I wouldn't be almost maiming myself to make a too small watch look borderline OK.
    Last edited by Passenger; 17th April 2021 at 09:37.

Master
    I always seem to find that I just get a strap or bracelet spot on and then I gain, or lose a few pounds and "Here we go again!". I now have various watch/bracelet/strap combinations to "suit me Sir"! :)

Perfect sizing

Edit: Ah, just realised that I got completely the wrong end of the stick! Never mind!

Generally a little tight when it’s cold and a little loose when it’s warm
    Last edited by Idontgram; 17th April 2021 at 10:21. Reason: Misunderstood the question!

Getting a photo can be notoriously difficult, and you twist your wrist to avoid reflections etc. which can make a bracelet or strap appear a lot tighter than it is.

Saying that I much prefer a snug fit with something like a NATO. With leather it has to be just right, or the watch flops, or can get uncomfortable even if just very slightly tight for me.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Getting a photo can be notoriously difficult, and you twist your wrist to avoid reflections etc. which can make a bracelet or strap appear a lot tighter than it is.

Saying that I much prefer a snug fit with something like a NATO. With leather it has to be just right, or the watch flops, or can get uncomfortable even if just very slightly tight for me.
    I was about to say just this too...wrist photos can be totally deceptive compare to real life. Also when trying to judge sizes, some face on shots make a watch look clown-like huge when in real life they are fine.

Not a fan of the NATO strap with a lengthy end just hanging loose. Easy to either cut it to size and melt the end or tuck it in. Otherwise, it's a bit like wearing a long belt and letting it hang down your trouser leg.
    Last edited by Christian; 17th April 2021 at 11:04.

Sorry folks, my photography skills are somewhat lacking any finesse at all.

It is a great size, and believe it or not the strap was quite loose, could easily rotate it around my wrist, just an awkward snap to take at the time.

I have been wearing it since Eddie's new potential offering was posted, and it is a very easy size to wear.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

I suspected that, as the top of the strap doesn’t appear to dig in at all, which would be the case if it was really tight.

It looks fine to me, but I would tuck the tail of the NATO personally.
    It's just a matter of time...

Regardless of the pic or strap, it's changed my view on what looks like a good fit, so appreciate you posting nicky.

Put it this way, it's put me off replacing my Speedy if funds are ever available post-lockdown. It's just a bit too large IMHO.