closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New ND Sub Arrival

Master
    Blog Entries

New ND Sub Arrival

Had the call earlier this week. Long day of driving but back home with a 124060.

Side by side to my 114 the dial looks a fraction larger on the new. The shoulders are the most obvious change but the hands also to my eyes seem slightly larger too.

The other change I can spot that I hadn’t read about (I’m sure there are dozens) is that the crystal has a significantly reduced reflection, have they put AR on the inside?

Bracelet is just as awesome as before but both squeak off the wrist. Can’t they afford oil?

Only other change is that the dealer gave me the guarantee card, is that normal now?

There is no name on the card now though I assume GDPR stops it?

Anyhoo I’m tired but happy - roll on the pics!

Last edited by pete-r; 16th April 2021 at 16:40.

Craftsman
    Congrats! The smaller lugs and larger clasp really work for me, but I love all the subtle changes. Will you keep both or sell the older model?

The AR is the biggest difference for me and the lug changes are very welcome too. I think the warranty card has NFC/contactless now too.

I'm tempted to put the old one on an Everest strap now and put the bracelet on my BLNR.

I am being very honest here but differences overall seem trivial. Certainly is an improvement but I wear the 41mm and the Maxi case with equal pleasure.

Master
    Looking at the photos...the hands do appear slightly larger...is that true or an optical illusion.

Blog Entries
    As regards squeaking bracelet - wear the watch in the shower and get some soap suds in between the links - that should sort it.

I know - blasphemy to recommend wearing a sports Rolex in the shower as of course the gaskets will leak like a sieve when faced with detergent and hot water (joke).

The differences to the previous version are indeed trivial and difficult to see without a close up side by side. However, in my mind every difference is an improvement, and with the new movement and extended power reserve (and is this wrong to admit?) it feels better in a stupidly smug way

Master
    To my eyes it’s certainly the slimmer brother. Enjoy the new watch

Journeyman
    Lovely watch

Nice to see someone getting it from the AD. I’m going to register my interest with WOS now that I have some buying history with them. I’d quite like to get one within 2 years but we will see.

Master
    Agree with Wiley above. The new one does indeed have AR under the crystal and that is the biggest change in terms of day to day...to me anyway.

I have the 11 series ND and this thread reminds me why I need to add the 41mm ND to the collection. It feels close to being a perfect watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the positive comments :)

I agree the differences are pretty minimal and I didn’t have an issue with the super case, but the watch definitely feels different on the wrist. I think you could easily tell them apart just by moving your hand and wrist around.

The new one feels a fraction lighter too with the same number of links on the bracelet.

To me the new one feels like a hybrid between an older 14060 and a sea-dweller.

Master
    Yes completely agree. In a way the old one is slightly top heavy and rocks about on my wrist. But I like it!

The new one is more planted. Definitely a hybrid between an older sub and a SD.

Craftsman
    I love the squeaky oyster bracelet on a brand new Rolex. When I got my first, I found it disconcerting. Now I look out for it every time I get a new one. To me it’s part of the experience of buying brand new. Wear in good health. The 124060 has not left my wrist since Christmas. I think it’s a fabulous watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cheers, I’m really happy with it.

The AR coating for me is a huge bonus as the lack of AR always bugged me compared to Omega/Zenith etc.

I put the 114 back on earlier and it feels more head heavy. I think the bracelet is lighter and the head feels like it’s swinging around if that makes sense.

The new one seems to be more balanced, though I hadn’t noticed it before you can feel it testing A-B.

Considering putting the old one on a Rubber B...

Quote Originally Posted by P3T3R View Post
    Lovely watch

Nice to see someone getting it from the AD. I’m going to register my interest with WOS now that I have some buying history with them. I’d quite like to get one within 2 years but we will see.
    You shouldn't have to wait that long.
    Got mine in 4 months from WoS, there is another thread running about availability, My experience seems reasonably normal.

@pete-r Great watch good to see you are enjoying it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    3 days in I must it’s a mixed bag. I love the look of the new model but it’s not as comfortable as the 114.

The wider bracelet and bigger clasp on my admittedly small 160mm wrist means I either need to wear the watch sloppy which I don’t like, or ‘fitted’ but the clasp hurts the tendons in my wrist when I bend my hand.

Looks and description sounds great. I have my name down at my AD. So hoping it will arrive soon. How long did it take you to get yours if you don’t mind me asking?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Had the call earlier this week. Long day of driving but back home with a 124060.

Side by side to my 114 the dial looks a fraction larger on the new. The shoulders are the most obvious change but the hands also to my eyes seem slightly larger too.

The other change I can spot that I hadn’t read about (I’m sure there are dozens) is that the crystal has a significantly reduced reflection, have they put AR on the inside?

Bracelet is just as awesome as before but both squeak off the wrist. Can’t they afford oil?

Only other change is that the dealer gave me the guarantee card, is that normal now?

There is no name on the card now though I assume GDPR stops it?

Anyhoo I’m tired but happy - roll on the pics!

To the untrained eye they look the same. But great post and thanks for the photos

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    3 days in I must it’s a mixed bag. I love the look of the new model but it’s not as comfortable as the 114.

The wider bracelet and bigger clasp on my admittedly small 160mm wrist means I either need to wear the watch sloppy which I don’t like, or ‘fitted’ but the clasp hurts the tendons in my wrist when I bend my hand.
    I had the opposite- the newer model fits more comfortably than the more boxy cased one. I do have 17cm wrist so maybe that is the difference. Do you wear yours above your styloid process of the ulna?