Happy Friday all. I’ve not posted in a while, as life seems to have gotten in the way of my hobby of late.

Yesterday I received my late ‘70s Oysterquartz ref:17000 back from Rolex service. Having worn it for 24 hours I’ve noticed that RSC has replaced the vintage date disc to a new one. Gone are the beautiful “open” sixes and nines. When I booked this watch in for service I was pretty clear in explaining to my AD that I did not want the vintage aspects (dial and hands etc.) touched- and I had to fight RSC pretty hard on this. Nowhere in their repair estimate was any mention of a new date disc.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Thankfully my Oysterquartz is not a valuable vintage piece, but nonetheless it annoys me that Rolex seems to decide what THEY want to do with MY watch. This may seem trifling, but when you’ve just forked out 650 quid and you don’t get what you want, it’s irksome. I imagine sourcing a retrofitting a vintage date disc is possible, but what a pain!

I have called the AD in the hope that something can be done about this. I expect not.

For those considering getting a vintage watch serviced at RSC - a cautionary tale.

Thanks and wishing everyone a good weekend ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app