closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Excellent Omega customer service

Excellent Omega customer service

A few months ago, I noticed that my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 had started to run noticeably slow.
    It had never been serviced since new and although I wore it sparingly, it was probably due for a service.
    I live near Geneva and given the sunny weather at the time, I decided to drive up to Omega in Biel/Bienne. It is a very pleasant one and a half hour drive.

I also decided to take my 1969 Speedmaster (which was running well) to see if they could fit the original hands I had for the watch instead of new hands which they had fitted during a previous service.
    About six weeks later, Omega contacted me to say that the Seamaster full service had been completed but the old Speedmaster hands were not the right hands for the speedie, and that they had refitted the newer hands.
    I drove up to Biel again to pick up the watches and I am very happy with the work done on the Seamaster.

Unfortunately, when I arrived home, I noticed that the Speedmaster had stopped working and I was unable to get it going again.
    I contacted Omega, and reported the problem. I was told not to worry, and that I should send the watch back to them to determine the cause of the malfunction.
    Some time passed and at that point, due to health problems (I'm 75), I was unable to drive.

I informed Omega of my situation and was told that arrangements would be made to have my watch picked up by DHL from my house.
    Great service. And it gets better. After a week or two, I received a call from the Omega service department saying that they had examined the watch and found that it was in desperate need of a full service.
    I was already mentally wondering how much it would cost when they added that in view of the inconvenience I had suffered, the full service would be carried out free of charge.
    I was speechless. I thanked them and sure enough, my Speedmaster arrived by registered mail today in a beautiful red box with a 2 year guarantee.

What can I say. Good customer service is one thing but this was truly a wonderful gesture. Thank you again, Omega.

Last edited by calypso; 16th April 2021 at 17:32.

Craftsman
    Fair play to them, that’s really great service. You always hope that luxury goods come with luxury service but unfortunately it’s not always the case!

Very pleased to hear. Enjoy your watches :)
    It's just a matter of time...

What a nice story. Above and beyond indeed. Just goes to show these horological behemoths do indeed have a heart.

I hope your health is on the mend too.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    What a nice story. Above and beyond indeed. Just goes to show these horological behemoths do indeed have a heart.

I hope your health is on the mend too.
    Thank you. I've had the watch for 50 years. Very fond of it.

Master
    I think Omega have really raised their game lately in terms of aftercare. I've always had good communications and service in the UK, certainly. (I do wish Breitling would emulate them.)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    A few months ago, I noticed that my Omega Seamaster 2254.50 had started to run noticeably slow.
    It had never been serviced since new and although I wore it sparingly, it was probably due for a service.
    I live near Geneva and given the sunny weather at the time, I decided to drive up to Omega in Biel/Bienne. It is a very pleasant one and a half hour drive.

I also decided to take my 1969 Speedmaster (which was running well) to see if they could fit the original hands I had for the watch instead of new hands which they had fitted during a previous service.
    About six weeks later, Omega contacted me to say that the Seamaster full service had been completed but the old Speedmaster hands were not the right hands for the speedie, and that they had refitted the newer hands.
    I drove up to Biel again to pick up the watches and I am very happy with the work done on the Seamaster.

Unfortunately, when I arrived home, I noticed that the Speedmaster had stopped working and I was unable to get it going again.
    I contacted Omega, and reported the problem. I was told not to worry, and that I should send the watch back to them to determine the cause of the malfunction.
    Some time passed and at that point, due to health problems (I'm 75), I was unable to drive.

I informed Omega of my situation and was told that arrangements would be made to have my watch picked up by DHL from my house.
    Great service. And it gets better. After a week or two, I received a call from the Omega service department saying that they had examined the watch and found that it was in desperate need of a full service.
    I was already mentally wondering how much it would cost when they added that in view of the inconvenience I had suffered, the full service would be carried out free of charge.
    I was speechless. I thanked them and sure enough, my Speedmaster arrived by registered mail today in a beautiful red box with a 2 year guarantee.

What can I say. Good customer service is one thing but this was truly a wonderful gesture. Thank you again, Omega.

That’s nice to hear, I’m happy they looked after you.

Hmm - so you take a working (running well) Speedmaster to Omega for a change of hands which Omega don't fit and give you back your watch but it's not working any more.

Presumably they had removed the original hands from the watch when they fitted the new hands during the previous service - how come the original hands no longer fit?

Doesn't seem to be a lot to recommend Omega CS going on the above but the saving grace (and saving face) for Omega is that someone there realised your experience was below par so waved the service fee and gave you a nice red box. Well done Omega.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    That’s nice to hear, I’m happy they looked after you.
    Good on them. Great story

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eyespy View Post
    Hmm - so you take a working (running well) Speedmaster to Omega for a change of hands which Omega don't fit and give you back your watch but it's not working any more.

Presumably they had removed the original hands from the watch when they fitted the new hands during the previous service - how come the original hands no longer fit?

Doesn't seem to be a lot to recommend Omega CS going on the above but the saving grace (and saving face) for Omega is that someone there realised your experience was below par so waved the service fee and gave you a nice red box. Well done Omega.
    Apparently, Speedmaster hands were designed to require quite high pressure to fit, in order to prevent them from coming loose under extreme pressure and temperature changes.
    Once they are removed, Omega will not normally refit "old" hands and require fresh hands to be fitted. Makes sense, I suppose.