closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garden Office - Garden Room

Grand Master

Garden Office - Garden Room

Anyone have any opinions, advise, know anyone who flogs them etc etc etc, Thinking about adding one to chill in
    RIAC

I think there is an extensive thread on the subject already - Not sure what words to search for, but "garden office" ?

Only maybe 1yr old?

There are some great ideas about

Blog Entries
    For inspiration: https://www.fonteyn.nl 15 mins from my address. Europe's largest outdoor living mall. And indeed, it's huge! Normally (non-covid times) the parking is flooded with cars with non-Dutch plates. Including a lot of cars from the UK.

Indeed, there was a thread last year or even longer ago. Some beautiful solutions. One really draw my attention. The 'skeleton' of the walls of that garden office was built with the use of pallets!

Menno

Master
    https://www.thegardenoffice.co.uk (Green retreats)

We didn’t go ahead in the end but looked at these last year and had a zoom meeting with them. We’re helpful and professional and would have happily used them.

We decided against it as I think the 1st lockdown gave me the thought and my wife pointed out I’d spend all this money and then probably not make the most of it. She said I’d be better spending it on watches!! I didn’t argue with her :-)

I say this every time this topic comes up - buy a thick one! 40mm+ planking minimum, makes it a proper thing rather than a shed.

Mine is a Bertsch Holzbau made to measure; other manufacturers are available

Mine came from Sanctum Garden Studios. I’ve had it 6.5 years. If you are planning on using it all year round I can strongly recommend getting an air source heat pump to heat and cool it. Without it, the office gets up to 30C in the summer which makes it unusable.

This pic was taken not long after it was installed. The cedar is now grey.

Last edited by Phil Lee; 15th April 2021 at 19:58.

I was looking at having one of these built but the quotes were astronomical, obviously business is good for these companies at the moment so they can pick and choose but ain’t nobody getting £15k+ off me for what is ultimately just a glorified shed.

Weirdly they keep popping up on my eBay feed.

I've never knowingly searched for 'garden office' but there are loads of them, from about £3.5k.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Anyone have any opinions, advise, know anyone who flogs them etc etc etc, Thinking about adding one to chill in
    Took the plunge in this regard 3 years ago. Best thing ever.

Fully Lined and then I floored it - also added power and light. Brilliant. Especially for wfh C19

Jim

Would advise getting a builder/carpenter to make one - also would advise 100mm celotex/kingspan for the insulation for the walls floor and ceiling. If it’s properly insulated then it won’t get to 30 degrees in the summer and will be easy/economical to warm in the winter.
    The bigger companies making these eg green rooms, are quite thinly insulated compared to a dwelling as they don’t have to meet building regs in the same way.
    As they cost 15-20k upwards. It’s quite easy to build a much better spec for similar money.