closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith El Primero Captain Windsor

Craftsman

Zenith El Primero Captain Windsor

Hi all,

Have seen one of these and they look lovely. The reference is 03.2070.4054/22.C708. Feeling quite tempted, but I know nothing of Zenith. Anyone on the forum own one of these/have owned one? Thoughts, comments? Would love to see wrist shots!

Cheers,

John

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Is the same movement as the other chronos?

Blog Entries
    Here is a bit about it:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/zenith-...alendar-watch/

It's an annual calendar 42mm case size, 50m wrt, based on the El Primero movement with annual calendar complications. For me, it looks a little un-symetrical for my liking but others may disagree.

Now discontinued. Zenith is a brand I have time for.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Here is a bit about it:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/zenith-...alendar-watch/

It's an annual calendar 42mm case size, 50m wrt, based on the El Primero movement with annual calendar complications. For me, it looks a little un-symetrical for my liking but others may disagree.

Now discontinued. Zenith is a brand I have time for.
    Agree about the symmetry of the dial, but wouldn’t let it put me off. Decent write up about a pretty special movement.

As for Zenith as a brand, their one I’ve obsessed about for a few years now, and am glad to say I finally got my first yesterday. Happily it’s every thing I hoped it would be, with the added bonus of having one of the most iconic movements in watch making ticking away in it.

Hi
    This was mine https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ar-Winsor-3250

And I wish I still had it.
    Neil

Craftsman
    Thanks all for the input. There is one local to me which I'm hoping to go and see in the metal and try on over the next few weeks. Will keep you posted!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by neilf1965 View Post
    Hi
    This was mine https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ar-Winsor-3250

And I wish I still had it.
    Neil
    That was a beauty Neil, can see why you miss it! I'm a sucker for a blue dial, and that is version that caught my eye.

Apprentice
    I too am a fan of the brand and think they mix heritage with new designs really well. As with most other brands, they get compared to Rolex and suffer as their watches are not flipped for twice the cost within 24 hours of purchase.

That said, Rolex used the El Pimero movement for several years in their daytona. I got my first Zenith a few years ago ( the Synopsis) and my second, (the A386 manufacture revival) is on its way.

It should come with a big discount as it will not be easy to move on.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Master
    Blog Entries
    Zenith make fabulous watches but have had an iffy brand value for years, which I’ve never understood.

I’m a huge fanboy and had several and the fit and finish is on a par with high priced stuff.

Any Zenith needs a discount as you’ll struggle if you choose to move it on, but if you buy it because you love it you’ll be getting a massive slice of in house watchmaking for a fraction of the price of some of the alternatives.

Craftsman
    Wearing my Captain Winsor this week, the first quality mechanical watch I ever bought (2013). Had been looking to buy a Zenith for some time and this model just appealed to me, an El Primero movement plus the annual day/date facility. Apart from a replacement Zenith strap/buckle the watch has performed faultlessly. Now being tempted by the new Chronomaster Sport white face.