closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay 36 - Opinions?

Tudor Black Bay 36 - Opinions?

I find that I can no longer carry off a 42mm watch, just about a 40mm but really 36 - 38mm would probably be the ‘optimum’ size for me. I’ve read some very positive reviews online for the BB 36 and wondered if anyone here has a view?

Master
    Compared to a 36mm Datejust I think it looks small, more like the 36 mm Everest/Navigator.

They’re absolutely lovely - I tried one in the metal and it didn’t embarrass itself next to my 214270.

I owned one for about 6 months, after I've wanted it for a while.
    The size takes a bit of time to get used to, but once you start to feel comfortable with it:

- The size is great, unobtrusive in the everyday life, compact, fairly light, very comfortable to wear

- The legibility can't be faulted, perfect all the time, including in the darkness thanks to its very decent lume

- Very versatile, can be "dressy" with the bracelet, the glossy black dial, as much as casual, with the bracelet, a leather strap...

Cons:

- 19mm lug width. I actually started to craft my straps myself because of this watch

Reason why I sold it:

I loved it, and for what it is (I prefer this one to the explorer I) but... The polished bezel is picking up scratches very quickly (not specific to this watch though), and it's very shiny, which is not something I massively like, so I eventually did let it go to replace it by a 58.

I'd say if you like it and like the look of it, that's a great watch to have, with an all brushed bezel I might have kept it myself!

Master
    Agree with Mark. They wear very small in comparison with a DJ or Explorer. I’ve owned two and just couldn’t bond with them (this coming from a 5500 wearer)

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

My wrist is only 160mm so I was hoping size would not be an issue - I suppose I’ll have to track one down in an AD and try it on. I really like the look of them though
    : simple, legible and well finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711 View Post
    My wrist is only 160mm so I was hoping size would not be an issue - I suppose I’ll have to track one down in an AD and try it on. I really like the look of them though
    Hi,

I really like mine. Simple, good quality and under the radar. 19cm wrists here and no problem for me :-)
    But - it's all down to personal taste of course.

Adam

Master
    My views, which still stand after a number of years, here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
    My views, which still stand after a number of years, here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Tudor

Very helpful - thanks. I did search watch talk for ‘Tudor Black Bay 36’ but didn’t find your write up - I gues most folk here just use BB for Black Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711 View Post
    Good plan. On the wrist, give consideration to how you feel about the crown spacer and the proportion of the case sides.

I’ll second others. I came really close, really wanted to get one but it did wear small when I tried it on in the AD, on a bracelet.