I was surprised to receive a letter from Seikopath (Dave) at the weekend. Many of you will remember that he left the UK in December 2018 to enter a monastery in Nepal.

I'm sure Dave won't mind that I post the content of his letter.

Dear Eddie,

I hope you are doing well.

Things are going very well here. I'm working hard - getting up at 4.30 and doing around 14 hours a day/365 days a year. But I find the whole thing extremely rewarding, much more than anything I did on "civvie street".

One of my responsibilities is teaching English to a group of young kids aged 3 to 8. Most of them come from remote villages where it takes two or three days just to walk to the nearest road.

I've been keeping track of TF developments through the e-mails you send. You've done incredibly well. It seems to me that TF is at the top of its game, and this is the culmination of many years hard work. Congratulations.

I'm particularly looking forward to the release of the Caribbean. I will see if I can arrange someone in the UK to order me one. The Aerotimer you gave me I wear with pride every day. However, illuminated numerals and a date would be very handy, I think it might well be the last watch I ever buy.

It has been an incredibly difficult period for so many people around the globe. So many of the world's problems seem so large and so intractable but I am a firm believer that we can only bring about change if we change ourselves, and that is what I am doing here. To really change certainly isn't easy and takes a lot of time and effort but I think that if we don't change then things will just carry on as they are, or maybe get even worse.

Best wishes to you, all the best,

David aka "Seikopath"