closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Leasing Options - Car Lease Company

Master
    Blog Entries

Leasing Options - Car Lease Company

My daughter today took delivery of her BRAND NEW car arranged by this company.

It was filthy and empty of fuel

Driven 308 miles from Shrewsbury to edinburgh at what knows style of driving.

I’ve never felt so sad for my daughter as her special day has been turned upside down by the arrival of a manky, filthy car which looks months old. The car was covered in road salt and dirt!

Be aware if using this company. They don’t give a damn!!

Jim

Didn’t they explain it would be a driven delivery?

I ask for transporter delivery and have never had a problem getting it. The car was probably roasted for those first 308 miles. Not a great start.
    Last edited by Justin Case; 14th April 2021 at 17:36.

My Golf R was delivered by a driver.

198 miles, but he'd done something like 45 MPG, so he must have driven at 50 all the way!

The delivery companies like older people who will baby a car, it's not like the oiks who thrash them at service time.

I can imagine she was disappointed though.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    In all the cars I have had Mercs Audi they have come on a transporter except the last Merc GLC which was driven. I would be having a word with the Lease Company and letting them know how disgusted you are, after all the driver could have run it through a car wash.

How disappointing for her. As above, my lease cars are delivered by truck - the only time I had one driver-delivered, it was my last bought car and the driver was a very polite elderly gent who had obviously babied it up the road (mind you the Superb seats were so comfy he probably stuck in on cruise control with Radio 2 at which point it's impossible to get above 60mph).

A lot of ex-cops do this job for beer money and even if they aren’t the type to thrash it I still don’t fancy a new car that’s been driven at a near constant motorway RPM for the first few hundred miles of it’s life. Not when there is an alternative at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I still don’t fancy a new car that’s been driven at a near constant motorway RPM for the first few hundred miles of it’s life.
    Cars aren't doing many revs at motorway speeds so they're not exactly getting thrashed.

Master
    Every lease car I’ve ever had delivered has been driven to me. Never really bothered me, just taken a photo of the mileage so I don’t pay for it down the line if o exceed the mileage.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, all of you.

She’s being told the driver delivery was communicated to her on a call which she can’t recall in any way.

The whole special “brand new car” day has been destroyed by this company and its agents.

They apparently don’t clean cars due to C19 - how can cleaning a car at a car washing station to remove loads of road salt be a risk?? It’s touch free and person distanced.

No fuel either - or is that the norm?

First and last time with this outfit. Very poor service.

Jim

That's a real shame, I had a Merc driver delivered and the guy was great. He jet washed at the nearest garage (not allowed to touch the paintwork) explained the controls and I gave him a lift to the station.

I think your beef is more likely to be with the supplying dealer than the broker though. Register a complaint now, if the driver has abused the car it might not be immediately apparent.

I bet you're frustrated you weren't there to send him straight back with it, I know I would be!

Presumably those 300-odd miles aren’t eating into the lessee’s mileage allowance?

Blog Entries
    Re delivery mileage all my leases have come from MB in Exeter and all faultless and delivery mileage is not and should not be counted into your agreed leased mileage but make sure.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    That's a real shame, I had a Merc driver delivered and the guy was great. He jet washed at the nearest garage (not allowed to touch the paintwork) explained the controls and I gave him a lift to the station.

I think your beef is more likely to be with the supplying dealer than the broker though. Register a complaint now, if the driver has abused the car it might not be immediately apparent.

I bet you're frustrated you weren't there to send him straight back with it, I know I would be!
    I’ve liaised with the leasing company and they couldn’t care less. Basically they’re hiding behind this mythical call that my daughter can’t recall receiving.

Then they quoted C19 restriction bollocks for it not being cleaned.

The issue of no fuel they won’t answer despite asked.

I’m so sad for her. It was to be her special day and these schisters don’t give a damn

Jim

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Presumably those 300-odd miles aren’t eating into the lessee’s mileage allowance?
    They’re saying her contract starts after delivery mileage.

Jim
    Last edited by Jimmcb; 14th April 2021 at 22:09.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Re delivery mileage all my leases have come from MB in Exeter and all faultless and delivery mileage is not and should not be counted into your agreed leased mileage but make sure.
    As above. Thank you.

You’ve used a broker who has taken a document fee from you , finance commission from the funder and/or both.

You’ve probably not used a local dealer because you are buying on price (ie as cheap as you can) and from a retailer perspective they’re probably earning very little from the sale.

A driven delivery vs transported on a skinny tactical/broker deal is very common.

The broker should challenge the supplying dealer on your behalf re: condition and fuel as despite the lack of margin for dealer they chose to sell the car at that price point and quality of prep/fuel isn’t acceptable.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    You’ve used a broker who has taken a document fee from you , finance commission from the funder and/or both.

You’ve probably not used a local dealer because you are buying on price (ie as cheap as you can) and from a retailer perspective they’re probably earning very little from the sale.

A driven delivery vs transported on a skinny tactical/broker deal is very common.

The broker should challenge the supplying dealer on your behalf re: condition and fuel as despite the lack of margin for dealer they chose to sell the car at that price point and quality of prep/fuel isn’t acceptable.
    Thanks Byron

I’ve written to ask to whom we write and make a formal complaint.

I’ll update on the outcome.

Jim

Good luck Jim.

1/4 tank of fuel is the industry norm (typically).
    Depending on car that’s about £20 of fuel.

I would authorise a broker sold car to be driven up to 250 miles too, anything over I would put on a wagon.

What I am unmovable on is the car should be presented as clean as possible (weather permitting).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Good luck Jim.

1/4 tank of fuel is the industry norm (typically).
    Depending on car that’s about £20 of fuel.

I would authorise a broker sold car to be driven up to 250 miles too, anything over I would put on a wagon.

What I am unmovable on is the car should be presented as clean as possible (weather permitting).
    Thank you again

The car is meant to be a lovely red colour and arrived with wings bonnet and rear panels grey salt coloured with solid streaks where wipers and wash had been used and the road salt solidified. The driver was in a rush to catch his train back south again.

Daughter is breaking her heart at such uncaring attitude.

Jim

Master
    We all feel our children's disappointment, and it's a real shame that her expectations were not met, no doubt compounded by the attitude of the lease company.
    That being said, it does give your daughter the opportunity to give her new car a good hand wash and hoover out. This might help her to bond with it, and will highlight any marks/scratches that may be hidden by the road grime. Any found at this early stage can be documented and reported back to the lease company to limit her eventual liability.
    I don't know if it's just me, but I always give any new to me car a hand wash and at least a wipe over with a quick detailer/wax when I get it home for this reason. That being said, apparently washing and maintaining cars is a blue job in my household, Mrs B has washed her cars once in over 30yrs. I'm sure she would drive it around being unable to see out of the windows with flat tyres before getting the washing gear out. Looking round at the state of cars on the roads these days, she's not the only one.

The attitude of the companies involved would make me furious enough to throw the book at them, like demanding the recording of the call they allegedly make, and if they don't have it at least the proof that they made it; I would take photos of the car as it arrived (DO THAT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE BTW) and go to a solicitor for a short advice session to examine my options if they were not playing ball.

Having said that, the language I read is quite emotional, and possibly over the top. I hope and wish her that her heart will never be broken by anything more significant than a dirtied car. The car is going to be savaged anyway as soon as she needs to park it outside, at the supermarket, in town in the evening, etc. It's exactly like a new watch: you're afraid to wear it until it has its first blemishes, after which you can enjoy it. What grates here is that she's not the one who put those blemishes, which is probably the least you can ask for when buying a new car.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

As special days go, with any luck there'll be other much better ones.

Journeyman
    I’d be disappointed too but £20 at the petrol station and £10 at the car wash will sort it out. Move on, enjoy the car and don’t use the company again.

I'd be upset too but she's leased it so it's a temporary item, could be worse. Check the MPG, hopefully it's high and was babied up the motorway.

Wife is on her 3rd lease car, Fiesta, Fiat 500, now Skoda Scala and i'm on my first, Skoda Octavia. All were driven to us, in winter. I don't remember them being filthy but certainly hadn't just been jetwashed. Drivers were always old boys and i've aways given them a lift to the station as we're out in the sticks a bit. It would be nice if they were trailered up, but guess that comes at a cost that there isn't room for with lower end cars. I would think a car would still get filthy on a 300 mile journey on a trailer if the weather was bad anyway

I had the same thing with my Velar. Driven over 250 miles to me from the supplying dealership, I had no idea who they were or where they were based (which was nowhere near the lease company BTW). Car was very dirty outside, but inside was not too bad, but did need to be cleaned still.

The delivery driver was a very nice retired chap doing it for beer money, who was employed on a 'zero hours' style contract. We live so remotely that he had no way of getting home after he dropped the vehicle off as there are no taxis, no trains, no buses, when he called the dealership to explain that he was stuck their response was that it was 'his problem', so I had to drive him 40 miles to the nearest railway station else he would have been stranded with nowhere to stay overnight.

These lease deals are scraping for every pound nowadays and the dealerships will save every penny they can in an attempt to retain as much profit as possible. The delivery drivers are often also stuck with the same 'couldn't give a $41t' attitude from their employers too, but they are the face of the company that the customer sees.

Op, my advice would be to just let it go. Wash the car with your daughter, have some fun and then take a drive somewhere and enjoy the positives. Taking on this fight is just not worth it and will drag it on unnecessarily.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Friends of TZ Forum

You have each and all offered sage advice and wise counsel.

We move on and live to fight another day knowing good people to call upon and companies not to use - motorfinity leasing viz Leasing Options.

Thank you all

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Update:

Contacted today by Nick the account manager following my TrustPilot review.

Apparently sincere and genuine apology offered for condition and fuel, explanation given for mileage.

Offers made to make good by way of vouchers.

Seemed a decent guy

Matter now addressed and closed from our POV.

Jim