closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vw commercial van delays

Vw commercial van delays

Hi all. I placed my order and paid the deposit for a new transporter beginning of January
    And told I’d have my van 30th April or possibly sooner
    The van centre have just told me my van hasn’t even been given a build date yet and delays are likely to go to sept /oct
    Any one else having similar problems with cars / vans ?
    Cheers Andy

Master
    Supply chain issues thanks to covid.

Journeyman
    I ordered an Audi A7 in October for delivery this month. No sign of it yet and no firm date but I’m told it could be September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Order a Ford Kuga last year told it would be ready in August in October it arrived at the dealer and then they asked for more money as the price had gone up, my wife told them where to go, and walked away.
    She then ordered a Citroen C5 Aircross delivery was late Feb and then it was ready last week, however on the day of delivery a paint defect was noticed and they cancelled delivery, we are now waiting to find out what the issue is and when we can get a car

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Chip shortage was what I was told, I gave up on my order due to ever pushed back delivery. Just went for a stock car instead.

Chip-shortage 'crisis' halts car-company output https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55704936

Master
    I ordered a VW (car) three weeks ago and was told that it was likely to be here in August. Checked the VW online tracker with my order number and it has gone to confirmed build week 18 (w/c 3 May) and in theory should be at the dealer in early June which would only be 10 weeks odd in total. Fingers crossed of course.
    Last edited by mactrack; 13th April 2021 at 19:39.

Craftsman
    Ordered a factory T6.1 January and says it will be here May sometime but not so sure how true, managed to find a cancelled order, not quite same spec but near as damit so went for that. They are out there so maybe worth a consideration, just involves spending a day calling lots of dealers

Master
    Chips or rather shortage of

I blew out VW on an order in December due to this

B

Master
    There is a big thread on this over on the T6 forum. Loads of orders delayed or cancelled by VW.
    It looks like you have to go with a VW dealer direct to have any chance of getting an order booked in the factory. Third parties seem to have had a lot of orders cancelled.

And second hand prices are bonkers too.

Pete

Perhaps they are being hoovered by converters, it’s staycation for the foreseeable future, camping of all variants is in demand: tents, vans, shepherd’s huts, yurts.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Order placed for an Audi on 29th May. Due sometime in September possibly October according to the Dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    Order placed for an Audi on 29th May. Due sometime in September possibly October according to the Dealer.
    Unless unsold pipeline, Everything Audi seems to be a minimum of 21 weeks at the minute.

VW CV do have supply issues. Securing additional build quota for UK is proving difficult even for large, well established repeat customers. Managing expectation accurately is difficult at present.

dont know about new but its clearly having a knock on effect, son been looking for a nearly new /low mileage vw caddy lwb ( but up spec) been nothing nation wide for last 6-7 months !! what is out there is being hovered up by people becomming couriers

Master
    One commercial operator has been told that any order placed for a Transporter now will be delivered in 2022.

Pete

Expect a longer lead time due to the global semi conductor shortage and a fire at a factory in Japan.

It’s impacting all the automotive manufacturers.

Certain models with driver assistance, adaptive cruise and automatic transmissions will take time to build.

Production is being severely affected globally on both Car and Commercial vehicles

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    dont know about new but its clearly having a knock on effect, son been looking for a nearly new /low mileage vw caddy lwb ( but up spec) been nothing nation wide for last 6-7 months !! what is out there is being hovered up by people becomming couriers
    This could explain why, over the past couple of months, ive had a couple of people knock on my front door asking if my Transporter was for sale! Those new T6.1 sport line black editions look tempting though!

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    This could explain why, over the past couple of months, ive had a couple of people knock on my front door asking if my Transporter was for sale! Those new T6.1 sport line black editions look tempting though!
    They do mate. But over £50000

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    They do mate. But over £50000
    Took the plunge and ordered one today. Not the black edition, it doesn’t come in LWB and that’s fundamental for me, so it’s a LWB Sportline Kombi. Earliest delivery date they have hinted at is Feb 2022. Might keep an eye out for any cancelled orders in the meantime.