closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mytrip Airline Ticket

Master

Mytrip Airline Ticket

I purchased an airline ticket for my son through the Mytrip website as I was saving around £50.

I noticed a problem upon receiving the ticket in that I had accidently added an extra letter in his first name, I had double typed "d" in his first name. They want to charge me an extra £50 to correct the mistake!

My question is does anybody have any experience of having a single letter typo on their airline ticket and did this cause any problems at the airport?

"I have spelled my name incorrectly, can I change it?

Most airlines do not allow changes or corrections to names. However, they may overlook minor errors, such as individual letters. Please contact us and we will look into the specific conditions that apply to your ticket. If the airline allows for a change, administrative charges will be added by the airline on top of our handling fee. We will inform you about this before completing the change. You can also contact the airline directly.
    We can never guarantee that a ticket with a name that is spelled incorrectly will be accepted."

The above is what their website says, the last line had me worried slightly. Any comments or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Most certainly it will cost you to change said ticket. As for turning up at the airport with a typo on the ticket you take your chance it could end in tears ie bigger cost or not accepted.

I accidentally put my wife as Mr, instead of Mrs. The name was otherwise correct. The travel agent wanted me to buy a new ticket at approx £500. After complaining at that ridiculous statement and confirming that I had just returned from another holiday that I booked with them, the admin charge was £100.

I paid this reluctantly and will never use the agent again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I accidentally put my wife as Mr, instead of Mrs. The name was otherwise correct. The travel agent wanted me to buy a new ticket at approx £500. After complaining at that ridiculous statement and confirming that I had just returned from another holiday that I booked with them, the admin charge was £100.

That’s absolutely ridiculous. Titles on a booking like this are meaningless (especially these days!) and you’ve been ripped off to the tune of £100. Definitely steer clear of that agent!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post

With no exaggeration, I was waiting on the phone for 2hrs 40 minutes to speak with someone only to be advised that it would cost me £50 plus airline charges. I hung up on them and would never dream of using them or any third party agent ever again.

I know it's my own mistake but this is beyond ridiculous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    With no exaggeration, I was waiting on the phone for 2hrs 40 minutes to speak with someone only to be advised that it would cost me £50 plus airline charges. I hung up on them and would never dream of using them or any third party agent ever again.

I know it's my own mistake but this is beyond ridiculous.
    Head over to the flyertalk forum and search / ask the question there - some of the folks there travel an insane amount and really know their stuff. I’m pretty sure minor errors in the name on the ticket (and from what you describe, yours is certainly in this category) won’t even be noticed. However you must make sure all of the preflight information you share with the airline (name, DOB, passport number etc) is totally accurate.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Head over to the flyertalk forum and search / ask the question there - some of the folks there travel an insane amount and really know their stuff. I’m pretty sure minor errors in the name on the ticket (and from what you describe, yours is certainly in this category) won’t even be noticed. However you must make sure all of the preflight information you share with the airline (name, DOB, passport number etc) is totally accurate.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    That’s absolutely ridiculous. Titles on a booking like this are meaningless (especially these days!) and you’ve been ripped off to the tune of £100. Definitely steer clear of that agent!
    I usually triple check everything. I think (but could be wrong), that when I used PC mouse to make final checks, the drop down list against my wife’s name was changed when scrolling the screen.