closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sport club members software/database

Master

Sport club members software/database

Hi

First up thanks to all those who can share the collective wisdom on this.

I’ve been asked by my local sports club to look at a membership system that would allow members to add money into their accounts for bar/membership etc

Struggling to know where to start and wondering if anyone has done something similar and could give me some advice who has setup similar before.

Cheers

Andrew

Can't they just set up DDs for membership and use their bank cards at the bar? Do they need to have credit on their accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Can't they just set up DDs for membership and use their bank cards at the bar? Do they need to have credit on their accounts?
    This does seem to be the most sensible option.
    We run a web based kit store but moved from web based membership as it was more fuss than it was worth. I would not allow the bar to be run on account, we would bankrupt the club!

Echo what others have said - every club I've been involved with just took cash or card at the bar and that included some quite small tennis clubs.

In terms of a membership system, we used 'clubspark' which is a tennis specific membership system but when I was investigating there were other more generic membership systems commercially available and I don't remember them being too costly. Ultimately, if the club is small and you want to keep overheads low, you can just nominate someone to manually book-keep and set up direct debits for membership rather than pay for a system.

Master
    All good points. I’ve setup an iZettle system for behind the bar card payments but was looking at taking a step further, but agree if it warrants the hassle given the size of membership

Have a think about what the club actually wants from this. Is it to interrogate the data using a CRM system? If so, that's different. But I would still be tempted to contract that work out to someone who can tailor comms and incentivise users through targeted campaigns.

Parent Pay does it well for School lunches, clubs and trips. It's for Schools only but they may have a club option, or something similar available.

https://www.parentpay.com/