closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advise Needed - Ronda 775 Quartz

Master

Advise Needed - Ronda 775 Quartz

Over the weekend, during a spring clean, my wife found an old Fendi watch that was no longer ticking. Being a dutiful spouse I said I'd replace the battery. It has a Ronda 775 movement and I ordered a new Renata 364 battery that arrived today. While replacing the battery I managed to snap off what I imagine is the batter contact, that is the little tab that lies under the battery. Is there any way to repair or replace this, or is my only option to order a new movement.

If the latter is my only option how easy is it for me to swap out the dial and hands. All help for this novice appreciated.

Grand Master
    To be honest, if you lack the skills to swap a battery you definitely shouldn't contemplate swapping the movement yourself.

Removing dials and hands is tricky if you’ve never done it before, you need hand removing tools and the correct looks to refit them.

If the watch is worth resurrecting its worth spending a few £££ to do it properly.

Craftsman
    As below spend a little and get it done professionally

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    As below spend a little and get it done professionally
    Based on the "as below" part of your comment, I have a little tip for you...

Go to 'My Profile' in the top right, then on the left hand side you'll see 'General Settings'. Scroll down a bit and you'll see 'Thread Display Mode'. Change that to 'Linear - Oldest First'.

Now TZUK looks like a normal forum, much better

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    To be honest, if you lack the skills to swap a battery you definitely shouldn't contemplate swapping the movement yourself.
    Harsh but fair. :) I've swapped a number of batteries before but definitely don't have the tools nor the skills to do much more. I'll look to getting it done professionally.