closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster Mark 2 Strap Recommendation

Speedmaster Mark 2 Strap Recommendation

I've just got a new Speedmaster Mark 2 and I would like to try it on a rubber strap. They have 20mm lug width and in order that the bracelet flows from the case, it steps out...

Ideally, I was looking for a black rubber strap and I thought I had found the perfect one with a 'step' from lug to strap and a good vintage look in a zuludiver 295...

I love the strap and watchgecko are great but unfortunately, in person, the strap has turned out to be far too delecate for a Speedy Mk 2, it's light a has a very pronounced taper.

So, I'm on the hunt again. It needs to be a substantial strap with 20mm width. If I could get a 'notch' between lug and strap to keep the lines flowing it would be great but not essential. As all the chunkier straps seem to be 22mm, I had even considered buying a 22mm and cutting the lug part down to 20mm, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea!

Any recommendations or sites to search for straps?
    Last edited by Christian; 11th April 2021 at 10:59.

Whilst it doesn't have a stepped lug, I thought I'd take the opportunity to try a Timefactors strap whilst the store was open.

I have a racing dial Mark 2 on this:-

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...iant=669972017

Works well

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Looks great on one of these, Di Modell rallye.

However, I have it on the strap you pictured & find it really comfortable & not had any issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk