closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn 104 Advice

Master

Sinn 104 Advice

Hello,

I know nothing about Sinn, but my American friend has recently got one of these;

SINN 104 I ST SA MATTE SPECIAL EDITION

It’s different to the standard version in that it is bead blasted, but it seems that it’s a USofA only special edition.

Can anyone confirm this, suggest if it’s available in the UK or any other similar versions I should consider that are available in the UK? Or, if anyone has one to sell, let me know!

Many thanks!

It is a SE and US only.
    There is a similar one in the offing, also bead-blasted but with an anthricite dial and orange tipped second hand. This one is through the 'Sinn Watches' facebook group (but ordered direct from Sinn). I don't know if you need to need to be a member of the FB group to see this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sinn...77683/?__cft__[0]=AZWkIX9wK4i3jyIxWFMFeKBhQovuC9lgUjJkwTQ8Y5cq3r0Wi I7QHzzrOdR_CC5rCe1aobgKM9GJpeQH4wgWwdZCz6uHBL4K3K7 bBoOpiZuLX9lUbd3rBjJZp8un4p8M6_0QVpS5-eXB7K6KuIaupeidUQR_Upj-rQzJ6Twvg2gCJTev34zXTQlv18pUzPl01k8&__tn__=%2CO%2C P-R

Other than that there are loads of variants. Personally I still prefer the original and had one for ages. I wouldn't bet against me having another 104 at some point.

Here's a pic of the fb SE...

Seems to be US Watchbuys only edition, and brand new, so can't see any others circulating, and given Sinn have just released their "Spring novelties", doesn't seem likely to appear in the general collection any time soon... Nothing in their archive either.

Looks like it's not available in the UK, but your best bet might be to email Neil at Chronomaster to see if he can help.

The fact that it's not listed on sinn.de would seem to confirm that it's an AD exclusive. That page is the best one to check for any alternatives you might want to consider.

Based on that, and what it says in the article, it looks like it was specially commissioned for Watchbuys in the US. The only option might be to buy from them and accept the extra shipping and VAT costs, assuming they will ship to the UK. According to their site they don't, but they also might, if you contact them and ask. Or else ask your friend to buy one and arrange the shipping.

I would recommend a Sinn 105 UTC instead. A stunner if a watch.

That is definitely the 104 to get. The normal ones are way to shiny for my liking.