closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Miyota 8215 repair/servicing?

Miyota 8215 repair/servicing?

Hi all,

A good few years ago I purchased a Bernhardt Sea Shark from our very own SC. Aside from the questionable name (Sea Shark? As opposed to all the Land/Air Sharks out there ) I found it to be a nice solidly made little watch and I enjoyed wearing it as part of my collection.

Fast forward a few years and it hadn't been getting as much wear as it should, and a close friend mentioned that he'd broken his own daily wear quartz (crown fell out and was lost). I decided to gift him the Bernhardt and he was over the moon with it, worn mainly at weekends but very happy with it

I spoke to him last week and he mentioned that the watch has been losing time - approx 30 mins per day! - and asked where to get it serviced or repaired as clearly something's not right with it.

I checked that he'd been hand winding it from flat rather than just relying on the rotor if it had been unworn - 20 times or so - but still seems to be losing time.

Are these movements readily serviceable? He's not got a lot of money so ideally I'd like to try and sort it on his behalf if possible.

Could anyone recommend a reasonable repair guy/center to get it sorted out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Dan

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I can heartily recommend .olli. on the forum....... here is his website.

Cousins sell a Miyota 8215 for about £40. It may be cheaper to swap out a movement like that rather than service especially if replacement parts are needed.

Grand Master
    Suggest he tries hand- winding approx 50 twists of the crown then wears it for a few days. Is he checking against a reliable time source?

Miyota movements need to run in a high state of wind to keep good time, but its possible the movement needs attention.

Grand Master
    Suggest he tries hand- winding approx 50 twists of the crown then wears it for a few days. Is he checking against a reliable time source?

Miyota movements need to run in a high state of wind to keep good time, but its possible the movement needs attention.

Surprised if a new movement us only £40, I’ll check that out later.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Surprised if a new movement us only £40, I’ll check that out later.

There you go.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/sku/detail...ent-list/8215m

Thanks all for the suggestions - I'l get him to try the additional winding in the first instance.

Good to know about the replacement movements as well, I checked .olli.'s website and the base price for a service is pretty much what I paid for the watch which may make it an uneconomical repair sadly