closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DMX, another sad loss

Master

DMX, another sad loss

I know G&D is awash with RIP threads but I couldn't let this one pass.
    DMX, one of the best rap musicians of our generation, I've been a massive fan since I was still at college. I first heard him on the Tim Westwood show in 1998 and I've bought every album and single since. I was trying to get tickets for the Gods of Rap II concert last year (Nas and DMX headlining) but sadly Covid saw that one off.

Sadly his family had to switch off his life support today, devastating news and an awful decision to have to make.

Not without his flaws or demons but what a talent.

What a unique voice and legacy, the original Ruff Ryder. I was only in secondary when I first heard the Ruff Ryder's anthem.

Just imagine how many people bought a Yamaha R1 because of him.

Sad indeed. I know hiphop can be divisive and looked down upon, but he was a huge figure in the scene and like many artists from other genres, was a tough mix of talent, genius, and personal demons.

I grew up on hiphop and DMX was a particular favourite, so this one stings a bit.

Craftsman
    It's dark and hell is hot and grand champ were in constant rotation on my Panasonic portable CD player during school days.

Obviously had battles whet so many demons during his life. So sad to see him gone but happy that he has finally found peace. RIP the big dog

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Not even near my favourite rappers.

50 is no age though.

What struck me was he had 15 kids.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Sorry but anyone who gets sent to prison for 3 months for animal cruelty isn’t someone I’d look up to.
    My condolences to his family though.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Sorry but anyone who gets sent to prison for 3 months for animal cruelty isn’t someone I’d look up to.
    My condolences to his family though.
    Imagine my surprise when you're willing to overlook the well known shortcomings of a deceased white man a few hours before highlighting the relatively unknown shortcomings of a deceased black man.

Must just be coincidence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Imagine my surprise when you're willing to overlook the well known shortcomings of a deceased white man a few hours before highlighting the relatively unknown shortcomings of a deceased black man.

Must just be coincidence.
    Imagine my surprise that you do the exact opposite.

Imagine my surprise that you do the exact opposite.
    I haven't commented on any of the Prince Philip threads.

Blog Entries
    I haven't commented on any of the Prince Philip threads.
    My apologies then, but your assumption I was driven by anything other than DMX's well documented cruelty to dogs was wrong I'm afraid. As anyone who knows me will know. I could have listed his many other convictions but didn't.

My apologies then, but your assumption I was driven by anything other than DMX's well documented cruelty to dogs was wrong I'm afraid. As anyone who knows me will know. I could have listed his many other convictions but didn't.
    Fair enough but there is a big mouth frothing party on all over the forum for Prince Philip where highlighting his shortcomings is seen as treason and you seem to be quick to take sides in that debate.

For what it's worth no one will pass away without any shortcomings. I find cruelty to animals utterly disgusting (and really unforgivable) but accept on the day of someone's passing the shortcomings can be left for another time no matter how frustrating it can be watching people worship a racist as if he was Jesus.

Racists are allowed to be hard working family people too.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough but there is a big mouth frothing party on all over the forum for Prince Philip where highlighting his shortcomings is seen as treason and you seem to be quick to take sides in that debate.

For what it's worth no one will pass away without any shortcomings. I find cruelty to animals utterly disgusting (and really unforgivable) but accept on the day of someone's passing the shortcomings can be left for another time no matter how frustrating it can be watching people worship a racist as if he was Jesus.

Racists are allowed to be hard working family people too.
    I don't deny Prince Phillip had shortcomings, but I recognise the good he did in his time here which others seem to overlook. The same is true for other people obviously.

Master
    Just for the record here, the most public Animal Cruelty charge was due to his having too many dogs - when he'd first made it big and bought a mansion in Fort Lee and adopted a load of pitbulls. He received a warning for letting them wander his grounds, and a few weeks later, ironically, was charged for keeping them caged. He plead guilty to avoid a jail term (already on probation for a drug charge) and then lent his voice to a load of PETA campaigns as his community service.

The second more serious charge was much later and involved malnourished animals and worse. AT the time he had been on and off tour for 18 months but accepted that he hadn't put adequate care in place for his animals, and on that occasion they were all removed from his care.

Frankly I find it a stretch to think he was actively cruel to animals. If you read a bit into him, keeping dogs he found while walking the streets at night became his release from child neglect and abuse from his mother and her various partners.
    I'm not defending him, merely stating that everyone has a past. If you grew up abandoned by one of your parents and beaten by the other one, along with a string of random strangers they invited into your home, you're going to have some issues in later life too.

That said, he's gone now so I suppose the need for mudslinging died with him.

Master
    I do not think that anyone can go through life without making a few mistakes along the way. After all, to err is human.

His music genre was not to my taste, but a life taken early is always sad. My thoughts with his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Just for the record here, the most public Animal Cruelty charge was due to his having too many dogs - when he'd first made it big and bought a mansion in Fort Lee and adopted a load of pitbulls. He received a warning for letting them wander his grounds, and a few weeks later, ironically, was charged for keeping them caged. He plead guilty to avoid a jail term (already on probation for a drug charge) and then lent his voice to a load of PETA campaigns as his community service.

The second more serious charge was much later and involved malnourished animals and worse. AT the time he had been on and off tour for 18 months but accepted that he hadn't put adequate care in place for his animals, and on that occasion they were all removed from his care.

Frankly I find it a stretch to think he was actively cruel to animals. If you read a bit into him, keeping dogs he found while walking the streets at night became his release from child neglect and abuse from his mother and her various partners.
    I'm not defending him, merely stating that everyone has a past. If you grew up abandoned by one of your parents and beaten by the other one, along with a string of random strangers they invited into your home, you're going to have some issues in later life too.

That said, he's gone now so I suppose the need for mudslinging died with him.
    I'll leave you to it, but if I ever need a lawyer I'll be in touch!