closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aurora fountain pen repair / parts

Master

Aurora fountain pen repair / parts

I know there is a lot of FP knowledge on here so perhaps someone can advise.

I have an Aurora 88 with a customised stub nib, which I like a lot. Unfortunately the feed has broken. One UK pen dealer has kindly tried to assist but they have been unable to locate a feed.

I have found one or two places in the US that sound as if they would be worth asking, but before I do, can anyone suggest any UK sources for a new feed? And if I was to find one, is it something I can fix myself? The feed and nib fit into a collar.

Master
    I know the contact details for the guy who is the UK distributor. I’ll find them and PM you, if I can.

EDIT: b*gger, I can’t find it but I’m working on it. I’ve met him a few times and bought Aurora pens off him directly, but can’t find his details. I’ll keep looking,
    Last edited by ach5; 9th April 2021 at 19:29.

Noah, 'The Pen Doctor', is excellent at repairing pens, you could ask him:

http://www.thependoctor.ltd/
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I know the contact details for the guy who is the UK distributor. I’ll find them and PM you, if I can.

EDIT: b*gger, I can’t find it but I’m working on it. I’ve met him a few times and bought Aurora pens off him directly, but can’t find his details. I’ll keep looking,
    Thanks for trying - let me know.

However, I remember now that the pen repairer that has had my Aurora for a while, in the hope of coming across a feed that would suit, asked Aurora on my behalf. They would only help if I would send them the pen with a view to replacing the entire nib. Aside from that option being rather expensive, I want to retain the existing nib. Also, it just seems wasteful to replace the entire nib and feed for the sake of what I am sure is a very cheap piece of plastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Noah, 'The Pen Doctor', is excellent at repairing pens, you could ask him:

http://www.thependoctor.ltd/
    Thanks for that, I may give them a try.

Master
    I can’t remember if it’s an ebonite or plastic feed in these. But it may not be as simple as you think. The part will need to come from Aurora no matter who sources it. My contact may very well give you one out of good will. It does seem odd that they suggest replacing nib and feed, which as you clearly know, aren’t a conjoined unit. I’d personally go direct to the source and ask yourself as I’ve never heard of a pen company insisting on replacing both, unless both are damaged.

I found his details; PM incoming now.

Master
    Much appreciated, Ach5!