closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s your most exciting recent watch purchase?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post

Seiko SRPC 91

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not seen one of those bracelets before - looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I was always the same, but a lot of the time there was very little excitement, just an impulse to buy. I’m determined to change that - at least from next year onwards lol

I’m in exactly the same boat. I’ll see if my expectations are reached or exceeded :)

I’m loving some of these anecdotes. Some great stories and experiences.

Well, after my previous comments above, my watch has arrived today. I love it (no silly crown guard, and no date or sundial to upset the balance of the dial. I even prefer the gold hands to the blue of the limited edition - perfect for me but...

It didn’t come triple boxed, so the outer Panerai box is missing, and there is some distinct staining on the leather buy the lugs. As I’ve bought this new, I have asked if a replacement strap can be supplied.

As a model, I absolutely love it, despite the controversial stories behind the originals:

I’m still excited to own it, which has been quite a while since I’ve bought a watch I’ve liked/wanted this much.
    It's just a matter of time...

I think this is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post

I have always thought it is quite a good looking movement, one of my recent purchases has the same movement in it (but for a 24hr dial format), I spend more time looking at the display back than the dial.
    The dial on your speedy looks is perfect.

Master
    Mine has also arrived.

Popped in a fresh battery and off it went. Happy days.

Well, after my previous comments above, my watch has arrived today. I love it (no silly crown guard, and no date or sundial to upset the balance of the dial. I even prefer the gold hands to the blue of the limited edition - perfect for me but...

It didn’t come triple boxed, so the outer Panerai box is missing, and there is some distinct staining on the leather buy the lugs. As I’ve bought this new, I have asked if a replacement strap can be supplied.

As a model, I absolutely love it, despite the controversial stories behind the originals:

I’m still excited to own it, which has been quite a while since I’ve bought a watch I’ve liked/wanted this much.
    Congratulations on your 425, my favourite ever watch that I have owned, looks and feels very special

Thank you!

I really fancied the one that you picked up - great price, but wrong timing for me, so I’m very pleased to own one now.

It’s definitely a favourite and will be worn a lot. I think it’s the nicest Panerai model by far :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Thank you!

I really fancied the one that you picked up - great price, but wrong timing for me, so I’m very pleased to own one now.

It’s definitely a favourite and will be worn a lot. I think it’s the nicest Panerai model by far :)
    That is a lovely Panerai. Enjoy it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Congratulations on your 425, my favourite ever watch that I have owned, looks and feels very special

Nice Watch

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post

Pictures like this keep tempting me to get another speedie but with a display back when I already have two with normal backs.

Master
    My most exciting recent purchase (October last year) was my Moser Streamliner. The crazy “matrix green” dial still surprises me 5 months later and the bracelet is a work of art.

I love a unique looking watch, and they don’t come much more unique than this...

Simon

Definitely my first-ever "proper" Seiko Tuna. I'd always thought of them as, well, a bit daft and massively oversized. Then I picked up an Arnie re-issue a year or so ago, which made me realise the shrouded case can wear rather smaller than raw dimensions imply. And having contemplated buying several times in the interim, a couple of months ago I had the opportunity to buy a 1,000m SBBN025 "Darth Tuna", complete with Kanji day wheel and paperwork from its original purchase at Yodobashi Camera. What can I say? I was weak, it crept up on me and surprised me, etc. etc. etc..

Much to my surprise it turns out to be excellent. It's lightweight, superbly comfortable, accurate, and handsome. I'd even go so far as to say that for a marginal three-to-four figure purchase, it offers ridiculous value for money. Finally, which is never a given with me, two months later I still experience a frisson of excitement and a sense of occasion when I put it on. The appeal of the Dark Side clearly has longevity...

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    My most exciting recent purchase (October last year) was my Moser Streamliner. The crazy “matrix green” dial still surprises me 5 months later and the bracelet is a work of art.

I love a unique looking watch, and they don’t come much more unique than this...
    That is absolutely wonderful - if it's "crazy" then I for one have no desire to be "sane". I love that dial.