closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedy FOIS modded

Speedy FOIS modded

Just received my FOIS back from Simon Freese who swapped the hands. Have to say I am well pleased with the work done and I think it looks pretty much as I want it to. Never liked the original sword hands plus its much more legible now.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Just received my FOIS back from Simon Freese who swapped the hands. Have to say I am well pleased with the work done and I think it looks pretty much as I want it to. Never liked the original sword hands plus its much more legible now.

Looks good but I always liked the standard hands, but you’re quite right, they weren’t very legible at all.
    Are the replacements from a standard Moonwatch?

I agree...much better. Is the FOIS dial size the same as a standard Moonwatch? Maybe it's your photo, but I really like the fact it seems "rounder"...reminds me of a reduced, which I prefer the proportions of versus the standard Speedy.

I also prefer the opaque edge of the sapphire glass to hesalite.
    Last edited by Christian; 16th April 2021 at 11:35.

Not for me but I like what you've done.

Let's see how long before you go back to the old ones.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Craftsman
    Very nice, I’ve never been a fan of the original hands either

Craftsman
    I had thought about doing the same thing. It now looks a bit more like an Ed White. It’s a thumbs up from me...Did Simon source the hands for you, or did he just do the changeover? Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    I had thought about doing the same thing. It now looks a bit more like an Ed White. It’s a thumbs up from me...Did Simon source the hands for you, or did he just do the changeover? Enjoy it.

I sourced the handset myself. Simon did the fitting. Great job it was too spoke to him over the phone a few times nice chap & very accommodating.

As soon as I get my Zenith Chronomaster Sport I will be sending him the bracelet to brush the centre links.

Here it is on an Uncle Seiko bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Here it is on an Uncle Seiko bracelet

I'm personally more a fan of the original fois hands...but I must say this combo with the bracelet is seriously attractive!
    Congratulation on such a nice watch!

Do you know if they would also do a crystal swap for a hesalite on the fois? As I understand, it's not exactly a straight swap but I've read here and there that it was somehow possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Wandril View Post
    I'm personally more a fan of the original fois hands...but I must say this combo with the bracelet is seriously attractive!
    Congratulation on such a nice watch!

Do you know if they would also do a crystal swap for a hesalite on the fois? As I understand, it's not exactly a straight swap but I've read here and there that it was somehow possible...
    Over on the Omega forum there are guys that have had the hesalite fitted so it is possible. In all honesty I'm perfectly fine with the sapphire crystal so it's not something I'm looking to get done.

What I would like to do is fit a glass exhibition case back. Just need to track one down.

Craftsman
    May I ask the cost of the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    May I ask the cost of the mod?

£60+vat

Great mod in my opinion. The arrow hands looks awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Personally I'd have gone the other way and gone full polished hands and the 2998 look. I do see why the mismatched hands of the standard model attracts some negativity though.

The polished rehaut of the FOIS suits polished hands IMO, just as the black rehaut of the Ed White suits the later white painted straight hands.

The uncle seiko bracelet is spot on ... looks lovely