closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New sports SUV option

Journeyman

New sports SUV option

For fear of annoying a few people I’m looking for experience on a fun sporty suv..

I have an M5 but find that now I don’t use it for commuting I need to have a more family oriented car to accommodate kids and dog detritus!

Shortlisted are in no particular order:
    RRS P 525
    F-Pace SVR
    SQ8

The X5M is too much both in terms of cost and harsh ride...

Anyone had experience of the above or any new ideas? As you can see I’m not wanting to go electric just yet and do like a V8 after the M5 and a Mustang GT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    For fear of annoying a few people I’m looking for experience on a fun sporty suv..

I have an M5 but find that now I don’t use it for commuting I need to have a more family oriented car to accommodate kids and dog detritus!

Shortlisted are in no particular order:
    RRS P 525
    F-Pace SVR
    SQ8

The X5M is too much both in terms of cost and harsh ride...

Anyone had experience of the above or any new ideas? As you can see I’m not wanting to go electric just yet and do like a V8 after the M5 and a Mustang GT...

SQ8 and you avoid a JLR car

Stelvio Quadrofolio. Had a test drive in one. Great car and a bit different

Journeyman
    It’s not just reliability that niggles me on the JLR ones but should I also be concerned that they are “end of line “ with Jaguar going full electric in four years time?

Master
    Picked up my new Macan GTS last week and really cannot speak highly enough of the combination of quality build, ride comfort (with air suspension on 21s) and astonishingly good handling. Maybe a bit smaller than you are after though?

Journeyman
    I did look at the Macan but it’s too small in the back - Cayenne would be better but I guess would be out of my price range too as Porsche rarely discount..

F-pace SVR would do for me. Not as big as a RRS but still plenty of room for family and two dogs in the back.
    The noise it makes is just wow + they just refreshed the looks which I thinks is a major step up.

Yes, JLR reliability is what it is but warranty and full service package sort that out and in 3-5 years time you can always change it!

X3M (do they do that?), SQ5, GLC43/63 are similarly sized otherwise but not as sporty.