closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Scallops and sea bass Simple recipes

Scallops and sea bass Simple recipes

Hi all. Saw a Newlyn fisherman interviewed on bbc news a couple of weeks ago and decided to look him up and I have now purchased some fish from him. Turned up this morning all packed in ice. Got scallops and sea bass. Any easy and quick ideas on recipies / cooking methods .?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Hi all. Saw a Newlyn fisherman interviewed on bbc news a couple of weeks ago and decided to look him up and I have now purchased some fish from him. Turned up this morning all packed in ice. Got scallops and sea bass. Any easy and quick ideas on recipies / cooking methods .?
    Andy
    Scallops are easy - fry them in a hot pan for not very long at all.

This version from Nigella...
    Slice the chorizo into rounds no thicker than 3mm / 1/8 inch.
    Heat a heavy-based pan on the hob and, when hot, dry-fry the chorizo rounds until crisped on either side (the chorizo will give out plenty of its own oil); this should take no more than 2 minutes.
    Remove the chorizo to a bowl and fry the scallops in the chorizo-oil for about 1 minute a side.
    Return the chorizo to the pan with the scallops, add the lemon juice and let bubble for a few seconds before arranging on a serving plate and sprinkling with lots of parsley.

Judging by Masterchef of the last 10 years you should serve that with a side of mushy peas pea puree.

I do my Sea Bass fillets / or whole for that matter in Foil parcels in oven at 180 for 18-20 mins

I put some capers in the parcel a few slices of garlic and a knob of butter they are terrific and its a really easy way to retain all the flavour

If I am doing a whole Sea- Bass same routine but slice fish a few times and open parcel for last 5 minutes..

Master
    Season the sole, coat with flour, not too much.
    To a hot pan add a little oil and butter and heat until bubbling.
    Fry the fish until done to your liking, probably a few minutes each side.
    Remove from pan and keep warm.
    Wipe out the pan, add more butter and heat until it starts to brown. Then add some capers and a squeeze of lemon juice and some parsley.
    Pour over fish and enjoy.

More detail here if you need it: https://www.theguardian.com/food/202...elicity-cloake

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Season the sole, coat with flour, not too much.
    To a hot pan add a little oil and butter and heat until bubbling.
    Fry the fish until done to your liking, probably a few minutes each side.
    Remove from pan and keep warm.
    Wipe out the pan, add more butter and heat until it starts to brown. Then add some capers and a squeeze of lemon juice and some parsley.
    Pour over fish and enjoy.

More detail here if you need it: https://www.theguardian.com/food/202...elicity-cloake
    The OP has sea bass but I guess this could work.

Scallops with black pudding and mushrooms served with Mouseline (mashed with cream) potatoes is lovely.

Something like this. https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie...-black-pudding

Cheers guys. Did the chorizo idea. 1st time I’ve had them with the roe on.
    https://postimg.cc/N2MNRB21

Master
    Sorry, for some reason I thought it was sole. But this is a simple recipe that should work with most white fish.

Master
    Simple but fantastic recipe from Francos of St James

Cooked this as starter tonight. Delicious.
    Last edited by cmcm3; 8th April 2021 at 21:12.

Love sea bass in our house, simple is best to not over power the flavour. Whole bass roasted in the oven uncovered is my fav way at the moment. Score the skin 3 times on each side and coat with oil, season with salt and pepper inside and out. Springs of thyme and a little rosemary along with a couple crushed cloves of garlic in the cavity, place a couple of knobs of butter on top and in the oven. Mine is gas mark 5 till its cooked. Baste the fish in the juice / butter liquid every 8-10 min till its cooked, squeeze of lemon over the top. I serve it with a rosemary based pesto.

For fillets - oiled pan, salt & pepper on flesh side with a light sprinkle of fennel seeds works well. Cook 2/3 way through, squeeze of lemon, turn over and remove from heat for a minute or so.

I wrap a thin bit of bacon (or pancetta if I'm feeling posh) round scallops, then lightly fry in a little oil/butter. They don't need much else doing to them.

The Sea Bass, keep it simple, a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper, plenty of fresh lemon and fry off in butter skin side down for 2-3 minutes turn for a further minute and rest for two minutes.

Much the same with the scallops, keep it simple. Less is often more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk