closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZUK Browsing Issues

Master

TZUK Browsing Issues

I browse TZUK via Safari on an iPad Pro (the big one), using an adblocker (AdBlock Plus).

I have noticed for the last few weeks that photos in posts often don’t display at all (after spending ages wondering why idiots were making posts without attaching images, then realised they just aren’t displaying for me!).

Anyone else had this, or knows how I can correct it? It never used to be an issue.

Also, in the last 2 weeks or so, lots of threads are slow to load, in particular the ones with many pages. Never used to happen.

Any clues?

It's not just you. I browse TZ-UK using a Windows laptop and Chrome with AdBlock Plus.

I suspect it's connected with this thread: Ads/Pop up proliferation? - started on 1st April.

As you land on the forum, or move between sub-fora, watch the (pop-ups blocked) counter under the ADB icon.

AdBlock's having to work quite hard, which is what's slowing down the browsing experience.

I don’t attempt to block the adverts, and end up never noticing them.
    Everything loads up super fast

Master
    Do you guys seem to be missing photos though?

Many threads dont make sense when there's no photos (and not even an 'X' or failed to load symbol - just absence of any posted images). I thought the posting quality was going downhill until I realised!

Master
    I browse also using a big IPad Pro- I don’t use ad blocker and pictures show fine for me, to be honest I don’t really even notice the pop ups anymore, just got used to them.

Master
    OK, might have to disable the ad blocker then.

I found the ads too intrusive and they affected the formatting of the way the threads were displayed, but it may be a bigger issue to not be able to see missing photos etc, and better to live with the ads.

Thanks all.