closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Marathon

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DORSET
    Posts
    421

    Marathon



    June 1990, pre Gulf war.
    Anyone else got one.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    1
    now that is very nice indeed.

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The corner of Miles and Gil
    Posts
    1,304
    From ‘91


  4. #4
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,462
    I have a few
    Pictures with other US issued watches

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire UK
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley637 View Post


    June 1990, pre Gulf war.
    Anyone else got one.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Genuine question, why do you describe it as pre-Gulf War?
    I understand yours may have a date of manufacture coincidence, but other than that, does it have a connection?

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DORSET
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    Genuine question, why do you describe it as pre-Gulf War?
    I understand yours may have a date of manufacture coincidence, but other than that, does it have a connection?
    Its purely the manufacture date, June 1990, the gulf war kicked of in August 1990.

  7. #7
    Waiting for the reissue, hopefully soon.

    Had one a few years ago and sold it for a pittance

    Love that case shape

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wiltshire UK
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley637 View Post
    Its purely the manufacture date, June 1990, the gulf war kicked of in August 1990.
    Ah 😊 I was commissioned Aug 90 (that was the start of Shield) but got called off my YOs' course for Storm.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    3,712
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sinnlover

    thats a cracking collection,those green canvas straps look the part.

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DORSET
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Waiting for the reissue, hopefully soon.

    Had one a few years ago and sold it for a pittance

    Love that case shape
    Same as the Benrus I @ II

  11. #11
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,462
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Sinnlover

    thats a cracking collection,those green canvas straps look the part.
    Cheers they were NOS from WW2. perfect for the watches. (obviously they are not Marathons but Waltham's)

  12. #12
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    54
    There were actual issued Marathon watches for the US army but they have a completely different style from your picture.

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    SW, UK
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley637 View Post


    June 1990, pre Gulf war.
    Anyone else got one.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is this the same case profile as their navigator model?

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DORSET
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Notpob View Post
    Is this the same case profile as their navigator model?
    I donít have one to compare but i think so.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information