closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend a replacement bracelet for SKX007 please

Craftsman

Recommend a replacement bracelet for SKX007 please

in an attempt to repair a bent end link on the Jubilee bracelet of my Seiko SKX007, being a moron I have managed to destroy the link beyond repair.

Any recommendations of an aftermarket replacement steel bracelet? Or where I could source an original Jubilee at a reasonable price. I already paid over the odds for the SKX so don't want to cough up too much money on a bracelet. I've looked at ebay and Amazon and there are a tons, so any first hand experience would be appreciated.

Get a strapcode / miltat one. Amazon usually sell them for around £55 or you can order direct from strapcode if they don’t have the one you want. Solid end links, much better than the stock seiko jangly thing. I’ve had one on mine for years and it still looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Strapcode do a good selection of 007 bracelets. They are very good quality as well. Uncle Seiko also have some good examples.

I have a Strapcode Jubilee, it's pretty great for the money. Solid, no jingle-jangles yet flexible and comfy.

Master
    I really like the original Jubilee. I think it is rattly, blingy, cheap looking, but super comfortable. The final factor is all important. I picked one up of eBay for less that £20. If you want something technically better both Strapcode and Uncle Seiko have good reputations.

Master
    +1 for Strapcode. I have a super oyster on my SKX009 and it really lifts the feel of the watch.

Journeyman
    I went through a quite intense SKX phase and have several bracelets cluttering up the strap box. Send me your postal address and I’ll send you one FOC.

Best

J

Strapcode (also known as MiLTAT) all day long.

Here's the link for one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/22mm-Metal-...r_1_2?dchild=1

Here's the one I used to own for reference:

Watch gecko do some nice ones and sell end links as well.

I bought an Uncle Seiko bracelet from a chap on here, really pleased with it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JIG67 View Post
    I went through a quite intense SKX phase and have several bracelets cluttering up the strap box. Send me your postal address and I’ll send you one FOC.

Best

J
    Wow! what a gent. Many thanks! will DM you

Craftsman

Thanks all for great suggestions! But i especially want to give a huge thanks to J for sending not just one, but THREE incredible quality bracelets! I am over the moon with them. I owe you one J !

Journeyman
    Pleasure. Enjoy in good health.

Best

J

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Thanks all for great suggestions! But i especially want to give a huge thanks to J for sending not just one, but THREE incredible quality bracelets! I am over the moon with them. I owe you one J !

Craftsman
    I had the same dilemma. Bought the Strapcode (AKA Miltat) Jubilee. Very pleased. Adds nicely to the SKX and the cost is proportionate.

I fitted a Strapcode oyster style bracelet to my SKX009. It's really nice but was a pain to fit. I think perhaps miltat tolerances are a bit tighter than Seiko. Took lots of swearing to get the springbars into place. Very pleased with the result though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I fitted a Strapcode oyster style bracelet to my SKX009. It's really nice but was a pain to fit. I think perhaps miltat tolerances are a bit tighter than Seiko. Took lots of swearing to get the springbars into place. Very pleased with the result though.
    I’ve had similar problems with strapcode bracelets, I think it’s the springbars. Fat seiko bars can be way too tight/impossible, the ones that come with the bracelet tend to be too thin. Being lucky enough to have a Goldilocks set lying around is the keys to painless fitting

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Same here. I managed to get it off once to fit a nato for a few weeks. Now I have finally got it back on it's staying on.

I have a strapcode oyster that took force to fit in between the lugs on one side. Local jeweller made it a bit thinner so I can at least install and remove it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    in an attempt to repair a bent end link on the Jubilee bracelet of my Seiko SKX007, being a moron I have managed to destroy the link beyond repair.

Any recommendations of an aftermarket replacement steel bracelet? Or where I could source an original Jubilee at a reasonable price. I already paid over the odds for the SKX so don't want to cough up too much money on a bracelet. I've looked at ebay and Amazon and there are a tons, so any first hand experience would be appreciated.
    If it's just the end link, they're £9 including VAT from Cousins UK or the whole bracelet is £45, again with the VAT added on.

Postage is extra and you'd need to register with them for an account. The sales are done on a commercial basis without the usual consumer rights, so be sure you know what you're ordering as they don't accept returns.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk