closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Recommend a replacement bracelet for SKX007 please

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    London/Surrey
    Posts
    49

    Recommend a replacement bracelet for SKX007 please

    in an attempt to repair a bent end link on the Jubilee bracelet of my Seiko SKX007, being a moron I have managed to destroy the link beyond repair.

    Any recommendations of an aftermarket replacement steel bracelet? Or where I could source an original Jubilee at a reasonable price. I already paid over the odds for the SKX so don't want to cough up too much money on a bracelet. I've looked at ebay and Amazon and there are a tons, so any first hand experience would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Craftsman enndriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    270
    Get a strapcode / miltat one. Amazon usually sell them for around £55 or you can order direct from strapcode if they donít have the one you want. Solid end links, much better than the stock seiko jangly thing. Iíve had one on mine for years and it still looks great


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,223
    Strapcode do a good selection of 007 bracelets. They are very good quality as well. Uncle Seiko also have some good examples.

  4. #4
    Master Papa Hotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Not Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,849
    I have a Strapcode Jubilee, it's pretty great for the money. Solid, no jingle-jangles yet flexible and comfy.

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    1,107
    I really like the original Jubilee. I think it is rattly, blingy, cheap looking, but super comfortable. The final factor is all important. I picked one up of eBay for less that £20. If you want something technically better both Strapcode and Uncle Seiko have good reputations.

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    754
    +1 for Strapcode. I have a super oyster on my SKX009 and it really lifts the feel of the watch.

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Hampshire and Simonswood
    Posts
    43
    I went through a quite intense SKX phase and have several bracelets cluttering up the strap box. Send me your postal address and Iíll send you one FOC.

    Best

    J

  8. #8
    Craftsman M1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    939
    Strapcode (also known as MiLTAT) all day long.

    Here's the link for one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/22mm-Metal-...r_1_2?dchild=1

    Here's the one I used to own for reference:

  9. #9
    Journeyman Hattori Hanzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    160
    Watch gecko do some nice ones and sell end links as well.

  10. #10
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    north uk
    Posts
    171
    I bought an Uncle Seiko bracelet from a chap on here, really pleased with it.

  11. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    London/Surrey
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by JIG67 View Post
    I went through a quite intense SKX phase and have several bracelets cluttering up the strap box. Send me your postal address and Iíll send you one FOC.

    Best

    J
    Wow! what a gent. Many thanks! will DM you

  12. #12
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    London/Surrey
    Posts
    49

    Thanks all for great suggestions! But i especially want to give a huge thanks to J for sending not just one, but THREE incredible quality bracelets! I am over the moon with them. I owe you one J !

  13. #13
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Hampshire and Simonswood
    Posts
    43
    Pleasure. Enjoy in good health.

    Best

    J

    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Thanks all for great suggestions! But i especially want to give a huge thanks to J for sending not just one, but THREE incredible quality bracelets! I am over the moon with them. I owe you one J !

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK & Switzerland
    Posts
    709
    I had the same dilemma. Bought the Strapcode (AKA Miltat) Jubilee. Very pleased. Adds nicely to the SKX and the cost is proportionate.

  15. #15
    Master Kaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grindsted, Danmark
    Posts
    1,018
    I fitted a Strapcode oyster style bracelet to my SKX009. It's really nice but was a pain to fit. I think perhaps miltat tolerances are a bit tighter than Seiko. Took lots of swearing to get the springbars into place. Very pleased with the result though.

  16. #16
    Craftsman enndriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I fitted a Strapcode oyster style bracelet to my SKX009. It's really nice but was a pain to fit. I think perhaps miltat tolerances are a bit tighter than Seiko. Took lots of swearing to get the springbars into place. Very pleased with the result though.
    Iíve had similar problems with strapcode bracelets, I think itís the springbars. Fat seiko bars can be way too tight/impossible, the ones that come with the bracelet tend to be too thin. Being lucky enough to have a Goldilocks set lying around is the keys to painless fitting


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    I fitted a Strapcode oyster style bracelet to my SKX009. It's really nice but was a pain to fit. I think perhaps miltat tolerances are a bit tighter than Seiko. Took lots of swearing to get the springbars into place. Very pleased with the result though.
    Same here. I managed to get it off once to fit a nato for a few weeks. Now I have finally got it back on it's staying on.

  18. #18
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,394
    I have a strapcode oyster that took force to fit in between the lugs on one side. Local jeweller made it a bit thinner so I can at least install and remove it myself.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Craftsman AKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    in an attempt to repair a bent end link on the Jubilee bracelet of my Seiko SKX007, being a moron I have managed to destroy the link beyond repair.

    Any recommendations of an aftermarket replacement steel bracelet? Or where I could source an original Jubilee at a reasonable price. I already paid over the odds for the SKX so don't want to cough up too much money on a bracelet. I've looked at ebay and Amazon and there are a tons, so any first hand experience would be appreciated.
    If it's just the end link, they're £9 including VAT from Cousins UK or the whole bracelet is £45, again with the VAT added on.

    Postage is extra and you'd need to register with them for an account. The sales are done on a commercial basis without the usual consumer rights, so be sure you know what you're ordering as they don't accept returns.

    Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information