closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek Philippe ID?

Patek Philippe ID?

I have a friend interested in this PP, he's asked me for info on it but I cant find much out doing the usual searches, apparently its white gold - 1970's??

Any info would be welcome

Blog Entries
    REF: PATEK PHILIPPE ELLIPSE 3604. (white gold)

There is one on C24 for £14K (in the EU)

Prices spread over time: https://www.collectorsquare.com/en/w...lippe-3604/lpi

nb: Lovely piece - needs a new strap though!

From a recent auction house listing: https://www.phillips.com/detail/pate...pe/CH080319/42

Manufacturer: Patek Philippe
    Year: 1978
    Reference No: 3604
    Movement No: 1'305'375
    Case No: 2'754'803, case further engraved with retailer N° 230943Z3
    Material: 18K white gold
    Calibre: Automatic, cal. 28-255 C, 36 jewels
    Bracelet/Strap: Lizard
    Clasp/Buckle: 18K white gold Patek Philippe pin buckle
    Dimensions: 35.5mm Length, 35,5mm Width
    Signed: Case, dial, movement and buckle signed, dial further signed Beyer
    Accessories: Accompanied by Patek Philippe presentation box, original certificate of origin typed Chronometre Beyer, dated March 20, 1980, Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1978 and its subsequent sale on June 30th, 1978, product literature and orange wallet.
    Catalogue Essay

Launched in 1968, the original Golden Ellipse design was influenced by the so-called “golden section” discovered by ancient Greek mathematicians and whose “divine” proportions inspired numerous artistic and architectural masterpieces throughout the centuries. By the late 70s, the Golden Ellipse collection encompassed more than 60 different references, from large masculine watches to high-jewelry ladies’ pieces. The Ellipse is now the second oldest model in Patek Philippe’s collection still in production after the Calatrava.
    The present “TV-Screen” Ellipse, reference 3604 was produced in 1978, which was the last year of production for this reference. The clean design of this watch is further enhanced by its shimmering blue dial beautifully complemented by white gold indexes. The use of caliber 28-255C, the same movement that powered the first Nautilus, enables the case to be extremely thin while enjoying the easy use of an automatic caliber. Resolutely part of the 70s design code, it is very easy to imagine this piece on the wrist of an elegant yet disruptive man such as Andy Warhol.
    Further stamped with the retailer’s signature Beyer on the dial, this watch is offered as a full set. Watches retailed by Beyer at this time would have an internal stock number. This number would be hand engraved on the back of the case, completed by the code Z3 for Beyer Zurich and the stock number would be penciled on the guarantee. This watch retains this original guarantee matching the number on the caseback. It also comes with its box, product literature and a Patek Philippe wallet. To the best of our knowledge, it is the only white gold reference 3604 retailed by Beyer ever to surface on the market.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 29th April 2021 at 18:56.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    REF: PATEK PHILIPPE ELLIPSE 3604. (white gold)

There is one on C24 for £14K (in the EU)

Prices spread over time: https://www.collectorsquare.com/en/w...lippe-3604/lpi

nb: Lovely piece - needs a new strap though!

From a recent auction house listing: https://www.phillips.com/detail/pate...pe/CH080319/42
    ------------
    Thanks so much for the detailed response, I did see that model (Phillips link) but discounted it on the fact it doesn't have lugs like the one my friend is looking at, the dial/hands look very similar though..

Are Patek’s ‘unfashionable’ prices being lifted by the general bubble (if that’s an acceptable term)?

I look at their annual calendars (5035) and get worried I might buy one. I won’t, I think, but would hate to take a bath.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Thanks so much for the detailed response, I did see that model (Phillips link) but discounted it on the fact it doesn't have lugs like the one my friend is looking at, the dial/hands look very similar though..
    now you mention it - lugs are different. I may hunt more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Are Patek’s ‘unfashionable’ prices being lifted by the general bubble (if that’s an acceptable term)?

I look at their annual calendars (5035) and get worried I might buy one. I won’t, I think, but would hate to take a bath.
    I don’t think “bath” and “Patek” should really exist in the same sentence. I have the 5146 annual calendar. Bought new for £15K - I think they retail at £30K now? Second hand - £20-25K? Of course I don’t advocate buying a watch for investment - but I don’t think you will lose on a Patek. I think the 5035 are a lovely iteration - less cluttered than the 5146

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I don’t think “bath” and “Patek” should really exist in the same sentence. I have the 5146 annual calendar. Bought new for £15K - I think they retail at £30K now? Second hand - £20-25K? Of course I don’t advocate buying a watch for investment - but I don’t think you will lose on a Patek. I think the 5035 are a lovely iteration - less cluttered than the 5146
    So, as my financial advisor you're saying make a blue chip investment. Stop worrying. You deserve it.

I see.

The 5296 sector looks a safe bet...

(Edit - this a lame jokey comment, not a snarky riposte to Martyn!).
    Last edited by Fender; 30th April 2021 at 10:12.