closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dietrich SD-1 Skin Diver

Master

Dietrich SD-1 Skin Diver

I've not heard of Dietrich before but spotted it on LinkedIn yesterday and quickly noticed this upcoming release. It's beautifully designed in my opinion and has a lot of what I like in a watch incorporated; polished beveled case, blue gradient dial, curved sapphire insert, 6H date window and on a very unique looking hexagonal bracelet. The price is a little steep for an SW200 powered microbrand at EUR 890 but I reckon it will sell quickly.

https://monochrome-watches.com/dietr...-1-skin-diver/

Me neither, but I like it.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Very taken with this - there's some original design motifs that manage to be fresh without (to my eye) seeming gratuitous and attention-seeking.

Have to disagree about the price, seems pretty fair to me - there are MUCH loftier prices demanded for big names with mundane movements, and this watch will have been expensive to make - sapphire crystal, sapphire insert, sapphire logo in the crown and sapphire dial, never mind that unique bracelet. I'm a little surprised it's not double the asking price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Very taken with this - there's some original design motifs that manage to be fresh without (to my eye) seeming gratuitous and attention-seeking.

Have to disagree about the price, seems pretty fair to me - there are MUCH loftier prices demanded for big names with mundane movements, and this watch will have been expensive to make - sapphire crystal, sapphire insert, sapphire logo in the crown and sapphire dial, never mind that unique bracelet. I'm a little surprised it's not double the asking price.
    I agree I think I'm being a little harsh on the price given the development costs and small batch of watches to be made available, it's a more than fair price.

Master
    It's a lovely looker for sure, seems well built & very individual styling. However at 38.5 much to small for my taste, 42/43 would be perfect.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Not shown on their website though...

Price, also, is ex VAT, so will be 20% more than shown.

Still, an interesting and quite original-looking watch, I think.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    It's a lovely looker for sure, seems well built & very individual styling. However at 38.5 much to small for my taste, 42/43 would be perfect.

Agreed I’m afraid. Love pretty much everything about, except the size.

Great looking watch at an acceptable price but a little too small for me.

A good looking watch but I think they've missed a trick making it 38.5mm. At 40-42mm it would probably sell better.

Their usual wares are in a rather higher price bracket, and much, much bigger watches too, so this is rather 'ordinary' for them. I quite like it.

Never heard of them either but that's quite nice.
    Price is a little high but not extortionate. Shame about the plus VAT tho.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Very handsome design. Strange but it does not appear on their website.

Journeyman
    It's not great for a brand to change direction so radically - in this case from quite avant-garde design and higher prices to a much more generic style and pretty standard microbrand pricing. I guess it signals a new direction for the company, and if they had to do it to survive, fair enough.

As a standalone watch, it's quite nice, if a little small for a diver.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post
    Very handsome design. Strange but it does not appear on their website.
    There are pictures and some information on Instagram.

thanks for posting this or i would never have come across it, i think that's absolutely fabulous.

On the price,actually great VFM I think really.
    I'm a total sucker for blue dials & think that's lovely.

Really hard to reinterpret divers watches without being submariner, blancpain 50/black bay clones.
    Aevig get close with the Huldra I've always liked but has conventional jubilee type bracelet.

This with the "rhomboid"? markers, unusual patterned bracelet & the 6 section bezel really is quite innovative in the dive watch crowded market.

Thank you again I'm really taken with this it's a little gem.

Sent from my SM-A515F using TZ-UK mobile app

That's not bad at all and IMHO is priced about right, however let's assume the likes of Jura would offer 15-20% off

Dietrich SD-1 Skin Diver

Thank you for posting, I’’’d not have seen this otherwise I don’t think. I really love the look of this, and think that I could carry it off on my scrawny wrist

I’’’ve already contacted Jura to see if they’’ll be stocking it. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Seal-Dweller; 9th April 2021 at 17:28.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seal-Dweller View Post
    Thank you for posting, I’’’d not have seen this otherwise I don’t think. I really love the look of this, and think that I could carry it off on my scrawny wrist

I’’’ve already contacted Jura to see if they’’ll be stocking it. Fingers crossed!

Please let us know, I'd much prefer buying from Jura than directly and having to deal with VAT, import etc.

Master
    New renders uploaded to the Micro brand FB group this morning, including a new black dialled version.

Master

Not sure you'll have much luck with Jura, as Dietrich have just returned to the Micorbrand FB group, after "returning to an in house sales model"

I am finding this immensely attractive inspite of the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Not sure you'll have much luck with Jura, as Dietrich have just returned to the Micorbrand FB group, after "returning to an in house sales model"
    I’ve just been in contact with Jura and they have been able to reserve one for me; release date is Oct 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I'm with you on this, and it coincides with a growing disenchantment with giant, lumpen wristhammer dive watches. The smallest regular-wearer I have is 39mm, and I'm more than happy with it.

Struggling not to order this, but will wait for actual photographs, as I've been caught-out before by over-optimistic renders...

Master
    I'm with you on that e-o-s, bought a Dan Henry a couple of years ago, went on to SC a couple of days later. Tactility wise felt like it was made of crisps if you see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    And another here.

Master
    me too - that blue on rubber looks amazing...

Master
    As others have said, thanks for posting, I wasn’t aware of the brand before.

I actually really like the look of their Time Companion, a truly coherent design which manages to hot the Aquanaut/Nautilus/Royal Oak vibe in a way much more expensive brands have failed to do (Piaget Polo for instance).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    As others have said, thanks for posting, I wasn’t aware of the brand before.

I actually really like the look of their Time Companion, a truly coherent design which manages to hot the Aquanaut/Nautilus/Royal Oak vibe in a way much more expensive brands have failed to do (Piaget Polo for instance).

I’ve been tempted by these on a number of occasions. They turn up in the sales of Jura and others regularly.

Craftsman
    I’ve just been in contact with Jura and they have been able to reserve one for me; release date is Oct 2021.

Thanks very much for letting us know about Jura. After Brexit I'm a bit nervous about ordering from outside UK because of delays and customs charges.

I really like how the indices seem to float on that dial. I'm personally very into the sea, water vibe that they've tried to express with this, I spend a lot of time in the pool and sea. I think the little lumed fish on the crown is adorable. Even the lume also looks amazing, not normally a big factor in my decisions.

As EOS said it's a struggle not to order this now, looking forward to seeing real pictures of it. I'm even in Yuuurp so just the usual regards charges and delivery...temptation.
    Last edited by Passenger; 11th April 2021 at 09:29.

i do like that Time Companion too but the diver really is lovely.
    I'm not a huge fan of rubber straps(though my Tissot MotoGP does)that one is very nice but I'd be very tempted to have it on a Brady type blue sailcloth & think that would be really complementary too it
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I’ve been tempted by these on a number of occasions. They turn up in the sales of Jura and others regularly.
    Sent from my SM-A515F using TZ-UK mobile app

Release date pushed back to end of December.
    Still floats my boat.
    About to PULL THE TRIGGER:-)

Master
    “Exclusive” tropic green dialled version available for pre order from Gnomon on 18th November. Info here -

https://media.gnomonwatches.com/what...mon-exclusive/

I'd be very interested in the blue dial with steel strap. Something a bit different. The bezel looks almost translucent and I like the inlaid crown.

I would like to see Jura stock it (with a discount) but would love it if someone on here bought one but then decided it wasn't for them. Not too sure on its resale value.

Any updates on this watch would be appreciated.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves