closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: What’s your favourite colour dial?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

32 40.00%
  • White

13 16.25%
  • Blue

25 31.25%
  • Green

6 7.50%
  • Any other colour

4 5.00%

Thread: Favourite colour dial

Master

Favourite colour dial

I think I recall doing this poll before, but curious to see what the favourite dial colour is at present. I always see the main 3 as black, white and blue. Seems though that green has been on the rise for a number of years. First the Kermit, then the hulk added to the ‘Meyer’ Daytona. AP with its new RO’s and Patek with the new 5711.

I’ll keep it to those 4 and add an ‘all other colours’ as the 5th option so apologies there’s no room for rustic khaki or seaweed brown.

Master
    White for me asI only possess one white faced watch a PRS25. But Im drawn to Panda Speedies and the off the wall Milgaus.

Master
    Yes white also for me although I only have one watch with white dial. Most of my watches have black dials, but I’d happily opt for white if they were an available option in the watches I like.

must be this
    Last edited by seikomatic; 7th April 2021 at 08:42.

Green is my favourite and I always find them quite striking, but quite difficult to wear day to day.

Black or blue would be what I wore most of all.

Master
    Black-charcoal, White-silver, Blue, maybe Orange on certain Watches, that’s about it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

If I could only choose one then it would be blue but one of each of the colours you mention would also work :-)

I love blue but more often than not, I end up defaulting to black/charcoal when buying.

This made me realise that the vast majority of watches that I have/had are black-dialed. Maybe I should look into a blue dial watch in the future just to mix it up.

When it comes to dial colours I follow the advice offered by Henry Ford...

I've been wearing a couple of blue watches more than others recently so I'll say blue though I do have black, white and silver dialed watches I'm fond of.

Master
    Not a useful poll selection.

‘Any other colour’ can be so many; yellow, coral (eg Breitlings), greyish-silver meteorite dials which are popular over the last 10 years, are two which spring to mind as favourites for me, but seems unfair to be bundled in to ‘other’.

I'm usually a black or blue dial watch person, boring, I know.

I suspect I have more black than blue, but I voted blue as a good blue dial can look stunning.

I've tried to like yellow, but it just doesn't work for me and I find most orange dials horrible.

I'm not really much of a fan of light dials (white/silver) although some of my older watches have them - I'd probably never choose white over black or blue.

I've had a couple of green dials and I don't dislike them, but I've yet to find one I love.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    ‘Any other colour’ can be so many; yellow, coral (eg Breitlings), greyish-silver meteorite dials which are popular over the last 10 years, are two which spring to mind as favourites for me, but seems unfair to be bundled in to ‘other’.
    It might be worth adding 'exotic' as an option as, along with green, they do seem to be a current fad/trend.

I've been very impressed with the Abalone dial on one of my watches, although it's predominantly blue.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 7th April 2021 at 09:19.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Unless it’s a watch known for one colour dial that defines the classic version (Monaco, Speedmaster, Sub) I tend to like dark blue dials the best as they are slightly more interesting than black. A while ago, I was after a blue dial DJ41 and bought the black version when a good opportunity arose. Eventually sold it because I found it a bit dull.

Not a fan of silver dials as I find they don't contrast with the colour of a SS case.

Some sports watches look great in a bold colour. I always wanted a coral superocean - really like that colour.
    Last edited by Christian; 7th April 2021 at 09:28.

Looked through my watch case just now and most of them have black dials... my favourite must be matte black dial on vintage watches

Master
    I am very boring, black for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Not a useful poll selection.

Well I knew before starting the thread I wouldn't please everyone so maybe this isn't for you. If you decide to do a poll please add tiffany blue in so I can see if its popular

I wanted to keep it simple and as 'all' of the other colours account for less than 10% so far, it was the right choice.

Craftsman
    I am amazed black is so popular, it does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I am amazed black is so popular, it does nothing for me.
    What is your favourite then since that is the point of the thread. I like black also, you just look like a prat with some of the colors

I seem to have more black dials than other colours. Even more noticeable if I just stick to the most worn dozen, with ten black, one white and one blue.

I am therefore thinking that black is my favourite dial colour.

Even sticking to black there is still a range of options, with gloss or matt, combined with different types of bezel, indices/plots and hands.

I prefer black dials, because they tend to be more understated.

Craftsman
    I think I prefer a white dial with blue hands, or vice versa, with maybe a touch of another colour in there, e.g., red/orange. I am currently wearing a Muhle Glashutte Panova Blue, which ticks all those boxes:

Master
    Perhaps you should run an Unfavourite colour dial poll as well...my vote in that would be for Silver!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I opted for black as its my default dial colour, but I love a blue dial, however have I none in my collection yet so can't declare it a favourite on those grounds.
    If that makes sense.

Its very rare that I go for a white or silver dial. But I think thats more to do with my poor eyesight these days if they have wg/steel hands against a light background im lost.

Black for me.

Craftsman
    Its always going to be black for me but I'd love a fully lumed watch at some point.

Not playing! Can't have a favourite dial colour without a favourtite case colour. The two work have to hand in hand.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Well I knew before starting the thread I wouldn't please everyone so maybe this isn't for you. If you decide to do a poll please add tiffany blue in so I can see if its popular

I wanted to keep it simple and as 'all' of the other colours account for less than 10% so far, it was the right choice.
    You should just have listed all the Pantone codes, then I’d be happy 🤪

Master
    White for me, when I have a choice. E.g. EXP2, polar v black, and PAM 49 over 48.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Couldn't pick one - I like all of the primary colours, and think blue looks prettiest 9/10, but most of my watches are black or white.

I are confus.

Craftsman
    It was white, but have noticed I'm buying more black dials now. Smiths W10, M & W Campaign, Sinn 556 (bit of red in there), Muhle Glashutte (chronometer), Timefactors PRS 29A/Navigator. Stowa Flieger. Welcome to the dark side.
    Last edited by EBB21; 7th April 2021 at 15:38.

BLUE but I have a hankering for something in white...would've very likely been an OP 39 but for lack of ready avalability and the shenaigans, guess 'm just not the right type, oh well other fish in the sea.

Blog Entries
    Blue - but I've an itch for a copper / salmon dial

z

Master
    Has to be grey for me - especially a sunburst dial.

Black for tool watches and cream for dress watches.

Black all the way for me. I have tried to mix it up by throwing in the odd blue one, but always end up wishing they were black and moving them on. Also love a grey sunburst for a bit of variety amongst the sea of black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    When a watch model is available in different colours, I often want to like the more striking options, but when it comes to putting my money down, I usually go for Black.

I do like a warm white dial though, would love a dark purple/aubergine dialled watch and I'm interested to see what comes up this year with all the green dials. My biggest fear with a strikingly coloured dial is that I'll grow bored of it quickly.

The blue Pelagos dial is my favourite, followed by the cream Bambino

Blog Entries
    I’d say blue is my favourite. But I mostly have black. Just got a white and it’s my current number 1

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’d say blue is my favourite. But I mostly have black. Just got a white and it’s my current number 1

That's superb. But unless I'm having a crisis of memory did you not have the black dial?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue as my all time favourite, without a doubt!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That's superb. But unless I'm having a crisis of memory did you not have the black dial?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I did but it had a fault (chrono did not set properly) so was returned with full refund and got this one and am very happy.

Craftsman
    Blue for me, although I don't currently own a watch with a blue face