closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch accuracy app?

Master

Watch accuracy app?

Are there any recommendations for a phone or Mac? With a small low end collection I can't justify the outlay for a Timegrapher.
    Last edited by Tiny; 7th April 2021 at 06:25.

Try Twixt.

WatchCheck app.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

An app called Watch Accuracy Meter acts a bit like a timegrapher measuring each beat of your watch using the phones microphone.

An app called watch check measures the accuracy over a given time by syncing your watch with the app. Only really works for watches that hack.

Blog Entries
    I use this app to track accuracy: WatchTracker. Maybe not quite what you are looking for, but it enables a good way of recording real world measurements (rather than beat rates of movements). Hope that helps

Martyn

Master
    I've used Toolwatch: https://toolwatch.io/ There is an iOS app or you can use it in a browser.

This is the best I’ve found for the iPhone. Not free, or the cheapest, but the best if it is a timegrapher you are looking for.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/watch-...er/id991367080

Master
    If you just want to know the time use the Greenwich Mean Time website???

I think I bought Twixt or something similar ages ago...utterly rubbish! I think it used a picture of the watch to work out the hand position then by taking two pictures and comparing against the phones time was meant to automatically calculate how many seconds slow or fast your watch was.

(a) It was easier just to do this yourself by noting the time each day and (b)the app was wildly inaccurate at working out the hand positions.

Maybe they've improved it, but when I bought it a few years ago I thought it was a waste of 99p.

Journeyman
    Watch tuner if you want a timegrapher like fonction.

https://apps.apple.com/be/app/watch-...991367080?l=fr

WatchTracker for day to day time tracking.

https://apps.apple.com/be/app/watch-...610666926?l=fr

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    This is the best I’ve found for the iPhone. Not free, or the cheapest, but the best if it is a timegrapher you are looking for.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/watch-...er/id991367080
    Thanks to everyone for replying.

The above is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone and the Mac I've got is pre OS11 so doesn't work for me.

Anyone know of a timegrapher function app. for Android or preferably Mac OS10?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Thanks to everyone for replying.

The above is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I don't have an iPhone and the Mac I've got is pre OS11 so doesn't work for me.

Anyone know of a timegrapher function app. for Android or preferably Mac OS10?

Watch Accuracy Meter is a free Android app. I currently use it. Gives time grapher like functionality measuring each beat of your watch using the devices built in microphone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattori Hanzo View Post
    Watch Accuracy Meter is a free Android app. I currently use it. Gives time grapher like functionality measuring each beat of your watch using the devices built in microphone.
    Thanks. I tried it on a Scurfa Bell Diver (Miyota 9015) I think I will have to get a more sensitive mic because it's not registering. It's a very solid watch and I can only just hear the beat with the naked ear. Also, do you know if the app reads the beat amplitude like a timegrapher?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Thanks. I tried it on a Scurfa Bell Diver (Miyota 9015) I think I will have to get a more sensitive mic because it's not registering. It's a very solid watch and I can only just hear the beat with the naked ear. Also, do you know if the app reads the beat amplitude like a timegrapher?
    You have to find the right position for some watches. Some of mine worked best with the watch off to the bottom of the phone, some on the screen and one I did have to unscrew the back as it just couldn't hear it. But at the end of the day it's a free app. I think if you want things like amplitude you might have to invest in some kit.