closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Centre damaged my car... Updated with the outcome

It's so odd to read things I wrote a while ago...

I had wondered whether I was being too sensitive over the art thing, but my stance has actually firmed up over it as it is insulting in multiple ways. First it's plainly just asking for free work no matter what that work is, but second it's the insinuation that art is just a fun thing without value that I will jump at the opportunity to do for other people's kids so they can score points with them. When you get a clown for a kid's party you pay them... As I mentioned, I do get it a lot from people who don't know any better, but a principal of a major dealership, with a Panerai on his wrist, should definitely have known better even if the circumstances with my cars were perfect, which they most certainly were not. He has also followed up about the art as has one of the service advisors last time I was there in August. I don't think shame seems to come into it with them at all.

It's fine though, it only adds to the overall picture and is not something they can hide from now as everyone in the whole process is aware of it and as the guy from Porsche GB said, it's crass. For Porsche GB people to call actions of one of their largest franchised dealers disgusting and crass probably says quite a bit.

Says quite a bit Adi but from start to finish they seem to be all bark and no bite.

They're doing a lot of "acknowledge, align, assure" on you which is fine but on the accountability side they seem to have done absolutely nothing re PCL.

Even with *all* the mistakes ignored and the free art request excused they still gave your car to an 80 year old farmer to tear around his fields in and nothing seems to have happened?

Sometimes you just have to admit you'll never get what you're owed and move on. This is probably one of those. Shame though as Porsches are beautiful cars and for many are a dream to own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    268  However, I suspect PCL may have had your review 'buried' lower down as I couldn't trace it Adi?
    Last edited by Suds; 1st October 2021 at 15:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    268 
    I wrote about the way big companies filter social media postings. Porsche's social media filtering software is overheating right now. This will not blow over. I think someone is not going to get a Xmas bonus this year!

About wearing a Panerai and not showing class... there's a Dutch saying: "Ook al draagt een aap een gouden ring, het is en blijft een lelijk ding! It says something along the line of 'Putting lipstick on a pig' etc. Apart from that, I think you're absolutely right about not wanting to draw a picture. Even when all had been alright from the start. I have no doubt about that. For me this goes along the line of handing out (your) intellectual property for free!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I wrote about the way big companies filter social media postings. Porsche's social media filtering software is overheating right now. This will not blow over. I think someone is not going to get a Xmas bonus this year!

About wearing a Panerai and not showing class... there's a Dutch saying: "Ook al draagt een aap een gouden ring, het is en blijft een lelijk ding! It says something along the line of 'Putting lipstick on a pig' etc. Apart from that, I think you're absolutely right about not wanting to draw a picture. Even when all had been alright from the start. I have no doubt about that. For me this goes along the line of handing out (your) intellectual property for free!
    Could very well be why the porky sales guy pushed for a signed drawing/picture - straight on eBay to replace his next bonus? Just an afterthought - is it 'easy' to alter the placing of a Google review, or would it need the intervention of Porsche UK (defending the brand image)?
    Last edited by Suds; 1st October 2021 at 15:40.

No idea about the review algorithms on Google, but I think the review has done more than I expected.

I am really not expecting anything, nor do I want anything from PCL other than to give them a bit of grief over giving me so much this year. I will welcome a continued relationship with Porsche though, so we'll see how that goes, especially if the planned meeting at the NEC next month materialises.

As for the Panerai. I mention that as it stuck in my mind since I remember thinking how he must understand the value of good presentation and purely the value of money with such a watch on his wrist, but there he was scrounging for free art from a customer he's completely failed. The juxtaposition was striking.
    Last edited by adigra; 1st October 2021 at 16:51.

Master
    Talking of algorithms, I think you should edit the title of this thread to 'Porsche Centre Leeds Damaged My Car' so it comes up in Google searches.

My review was taken down. Reading through the Google rules I assume PCL reported it and there was enough in there to warrant removal. I have written a new review which is much more streamlined so, while not really telling even a part of the story, it will hopefully stick. Give it a like if you can and help me send them a message.

https://goo.gl/maps/UMABM7YbGuHDWDZcA

Master
    Blog Entries
    It seems wrong that a detailed review can be removed on the say so of one side. Hopefully this shorter one will remain. Review 'liked' of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Talking of algorithms, I think you should edit the title of this thread to 'Porsche Centre Leeds Damaged My Car' so it comes up in Google searches.
    I'd second this. It will then also bring attention to the fact your negative review was taken down.

Review liked, shocking that it was taken down in the first place. Cowboys.

Master
    Same here.

Disgusting they can take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I'd second this. It will then also bring attention to the fact your negative review was taken down.
    This is a great idea.

Master
    Maybe worth posting your review on the PistonHeads forums for greater coverage?

Just had a call from the head of PCL swearing they didn't have it removed. He was pleading with me to meet with him next wee and also said that the Porsche GB guy who called me last week is higher up than anyone I could speak to at JCT.

There is one other odd thing, PCL have changed their name on Google so now it just comes up as Porsche.

At least I seem to have achieved something...

I tried changing the thread title, but seems I'm unable to. Maybe it's too old?

Meeting or no meeting, it wouldn't change what's happened.

Whoever 'owns' the Google my business account has the power here

"How to get reviews on Google - Google My Business Help" https://support.google.com/business/...74122?hl=en-GB

Master
    I note Mrs Adigra has now left a similar review so I've both.
    I'm slightly conflicted by the fact that there will be employees at PCL who are blameless and could be impacted by the consequences of very negative reviews but on the other hand your experience has been appalling and you gave them multiple opportunities at many levels to resolve the issues.
    I'd be tempted to meet with them as I'm not sure you've much to lose but maybe something to gain. If they recompense you in some way and genuinely address the causes of your poor experience then that's the best outcome at this time.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Just had a call from the head of PCL swearing they didn't have it removed. He was pleading with me to meet with him next wee and also said that the Porsche GB guy who called me last week is higher up than anyone I could speak to at JCT.

There is one other odd thing, PCL have changed their name on Google so now it just comes up as Porsche.

At least I seem to have achieved something...

I tried changing the thread title, but seems I'm unable to. Maybe it's too old?
    Start a new thread with the new title and just post a link to this thread.

Master
    Blog Entries
    PCL must be 'bricking it' 205 likes and it isn't even lunchtime

New review "liked"

Adi - just in case this one is also removed it might be an idea to copy it into a Word document or suchlike so that it can easily be replaced should it disappear. You could also rewrite something more like your original review, save that and then post it replacing this second one.

Master
    A long shot, but imagine Porsche CL are reading the updates here and acting accordingly.

In which case they need to act fast, cos this is gonna go viral....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New review liked too.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

My old review is visible to me, but no one else, which I think is quite underhand by Google as I also didn't receive any message as to why it was hidden. If I am to trust the boss of PCL then it must be either JCT600 or Porsche themselves who have had it taken down. I'm assuming JCT are the account owners for the dealership not Porsche.

I think at this point I am more fascinated by it all than anything else as they just can't seem to figure out how to do anything right.

I told the head of PCL if only back in February when the car was damaged the service manager said "sorry" and made me feel like they cared to repair it and actually did it, we wouldn't be here, but instead he made it seem like my cars were their weekend project for the workshop apprentice.

New review also liked.

I think some people may need to be a bit more circumspect in their suggestions on how to use this thread and the effect it could have on Eddie.
    Those of us who've been around a while can remember the Nigel O'Hara (online watch seller) reviews thread - I can because I was contributing!
    It ended up with Eddie being threatened by their solicitors and having to move the thread into the Bear Pit, lock it and let it slowly fade away IIRC...

Be unlikely that a 'branch' would be responsible for the Google my business account, usually they are all controlled by a central marketing team.

They may or may not speak to the dealership when making decisions or changing details.

What confuses me is the fact they replied to your review so they must have access.

Just popped over and gave the review a " Like "

B.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Review liked….& I enjoyed looking at some of your artwork for the Marvel comics etc. online. Great talent. Not many of us have our own Wikipedia entry either!

Craftsman
    Makes me a little worried as I put an order in for a car at PCL a month ago.
    More worryingly is that I work in an almost identical industry (illustration / animation). 🤞🏻

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    Makes me a little worried as I put an order in for a car at PCL a month ago.
    More worryingly is that I work in an almost identical industry (illustration / animation). 爛
    I hope you have a lot of followers like Adi! That appears to be very handy and it gives you some leverage when things go wrong (hopefully not of course).

I must say that I like the 'PistonHeads' angle as well!

M.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What’s the point of Google reviews is unfavourable ones get deleted ?

Predictably underhanded behaviour given their previous. I’ve liked both new reviews.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    What’s the point of Google reviews is unfavourable ones get deleted ?
    I think it worth viewing most feedback environments like that as a form of advertising, not as a neutral venue.

Master
    new review liked; they are a bunch of sneaky fukkers!

Craftsman
    ‘Like’ no.249 and added one for Mrs G. too. I have been following this sorry saga since the beginning and have been incredulous of Porsche Leeds shameful behaviour at every stage. These are one of our local ‘dealers’ and we quite fancy a change to a Macan with a young family to move around. Well and truly put off. I wonder what Jack Tordoff would think? I hope you can now put it all behind you and enjoy the cars.
    Last edited by eddieo; 7th October 2021 at 18:04.

Master
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they hadn’t shit themselves when they saw your review then broke their necks to get their solicitors to threaten google to get it taken down,the whole Porsche shower sound like a load of slippery scumbags that I’m glad I don’t have to deal with.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I hope you have a lot of followers like Adi! That appears to be very handy and it gives you some leverage when things go wrong (hopefully not of course).

I must say that I like the 'PistonHeads' angle as well!

M.
    I have enough to kick up a stink, but nowhere near the 100k club like Adi :)

Porsche are opening a dealership in York (which would be much more convenient for me), but it's still going to be operated by JCT600.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    This will get traction very quickly on PH

Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    I have enough to kick up a stink, but nowhere near the 100k club like Adi :)

Porsche are opening a dealership in York (which would be much more convenient for me), but it's still going to be operated by JCT600.
    The York one is a satellite of the Leeds I believe, run by the same team.

To be fair I haven't got anything whether I have a lot of followers or not. I've only been able to kick up enough dust for them to notice, but in reality it hasn't benefitted me at all. I would've quietly walked away once I got my cars back had they not majorly pissed me off. One thing I don't lack is persistence, for better or worse.

Blog Entries
    One thing I don't lack is persistence, for better or worse.
    ... and good manners. I admire the polite way you've handled this. I take my hat off for that.

Menno

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    This will get traction very quickly on PH
    Mention it on PH and the thread will be deleted within minutes along with moderate risk of ban-hammer.

They really don't like name and shame threads over there, even if it's only to warn about a dodgy independent mechanic at the bottom of your street never mind when it's company they're reliant on to supply latest machinery for their articles.

Can we all write and post the same review "on behalf of"?

305 thumbs up now and I just shared it on facey!

John

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieo View Post
    ‘Like’ no.249 and added one for Mrs G. too. I have been following this sorry saga since the beginning and have been incredulous of Porsche Leeds shameful behaviour at every stage. These are one of our local ‘dealers’ and we quite fancy a change to a Macan with a young family to move around. Well and truly put off. I wonder what Jack Tordoff would think? I hope you can now put it all behind you and enjoy the cars.
    Unfortunately, Mr Tordoff died earlier this week. One of my family members used to work directly for him but got out of the business when he stepped back and standards started to slip (seems they have continued to do so) and the culture changed in a negative way. He was a great man by all accounts.

Adi, I have followed this thread from the beginning but never commented - you have conducted yourself impeccably through all of this and I admire your patience. I know it’s a little late for that now, but I do hope that some day you get a proper & just outcome to somewhat make up for the sheer incompetence that you’ve had to endure.

Craftsman
    This has been one of my favourite threads. The dignity shown by adigra is worthy of a Harvard case study.

But sometimes, https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecri...123ac3d00e1be9. Pride before a fall. If it's blocked, you need https://gitlab.com/magnolia1234/bypa...s-chrome-clean.

Master
    A friend of worked in the IT dept of Arnold Clark, part of the working day was spent fixing reviews and websites that didn’t show AC in a good light, he was kept busy.
    On another forum someone asked JCT 600 might be a good place to buy a Seat, I suggested if the Porsche retail side couldn’t get it right what chance did Seat have?
    Liked the google review but find the good lady’s one to do the same.

Sorry to dig this up again, but I thought it was worth an update.

I went to the Classic Car Show at the NEC a couple of weeks ago and had a meeting with Porsche GB's head of customer experiences and the head of Porsche Classic. They were really engaging and wanted quite a lot of detail about my experiences. They apologised quite genuinely and seem to take it very seriously. They then offered me, as a token of their appreciation for the situation, a choice of products from their classic range. About a week later I received about £2000 worth of parts (the new "classic" navigation/ICE unit and a battery charger which is far too nice to use) as well as a really nice letter. It's the letter which impressed me the most as the content really made me feel heard as it was detailed and referenced quite a lot of things only told in conversation, so they were paying close attention.

A couple of weeks prior to that the head of Porsche Leeds asked if we could meet and he came out to my town for a coffee. It was an interesting, pleasant chat; he seemed the most concerned with making sure I don't consider him a bad guy, but otherwise I couldn't work out the purpose of the meeting. The cynic in me says he was just ticking a box, but whether that is true or not is hard for me to judge as they are a very strange business. He told me that the service advisor which originally took my 930 in, when all the mess started, has "left the business"... however he then added that he thinks he's now driving a bus, which was a wholly bizarre thing to add. He was just about the lowest person on the totem pole, so him losing his job and "driving a bus" was a really strange (and mean) thing to tell me.

Anyhow, the most interesting bit of info he told is that PCL's go-to classic expert retired in 2019, so when they took my cars in they knew they didn't have anyone who could work on the 930, but did it anyhow, which explains their complete headless chicken approach. That still doesn't explain the 997 fiasco, so the bottom line is their skill level is very poor.

I think that really does draw this saga to conclusion. I thank everyone who stuck with this thread for so long and offered opinion and support. It was often hugely helpful and very much appreciated.

Im really glad its all been sorted, and you are now happy.

I admire you, you have the patience of a saint! It all ended happily though, so you totally did it the right way.

Master
    What a saga that I suspect has done a premium manufacturer a fair amount of harm beyond the cost of getting it sorted without regard to cost at the early stages.

Why they would allow a product expert to retire without training 2/3 others in the previous year or two is another example of ineptitude.

Up until reading this, my impression of Porsche was of a clichéd systematic level of thoroughness and professionalism. Makes me wonder how many other impressions I have of companies are naïve.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    ^^^ this ^^^

You have a lot more patience that I have, Adi.

Anyway, enjoy your cars for years to come and in good health!

Master
    I’m very glad this sorted, certainly not a great experience.

I haven’t replied since the start but it’s great you found a resolution.

I do wonder at this stage though, whether certain 1to1 conversations should remain private. I appreciate the situation has been terrible but you’re never going to get anything meaningful from a meeting if the other participant is aware that whatever he says will he put on the internet. Perhaps that’s where the lack of sincerity is coming from? Possibly not but unfortunately you won’t know.