closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A13a

Master
    Blog Entries

A13a

I’m considering A13a as a future purchase,anyone have one ,care to share your thoughts,thanks.

Master
    People have been speaking very highly of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’ve got one.
    Very, very legible and very accurate.
    I love how the second and minute hands whizz round at slightly different times when you reset them
    The screw down crown has a nice smooth action and it seems very well put together.
    It’s also extremely comfy on the original Kevlar strap.Cheers,
    Rob

Does the second hand move when in normal state. Or is it only after pressing one of the buttons.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Does the second hand move when in normal state. Or is it only after pressing one of the buttons.
    Only in chrono mode.
    You could just leave it running but you’d have 2 extra hands moving around the dial then.
    Cheers,
    Rob

Blog Entries
    Just had a look at them, not a bad looking watch at all.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by barbusg60 View Post
    Only in chrono mode.
    You could just leave it running but you’d have 2 extra hands moving around the dial then.
    Cheers,
    Rob
    Thanks. It's a very appealing looking watch but I prefer to see movement. Also 13mm seems quite thick for a 42mm quartz.

I’ve got one.
    Very, very legible and very accurate.
    I love how the second and minute hands whizz round at slightly different times when you reset them
    The screw down crown has a nice smooth action and it seems very well put together.
    It’s also extremely comfy on the original Kevlar strap.Cheers,
    Rob
    How is the lume?
    Seems like a nice pilot quartz.

Craftsman
    I really like the idea of reusing the minute and hour hands for the chronograph, I have not seen that before. But I think I would miss not having a normal second hand.

Only in chrono mode.
    Cheers,
    Rob
    The chrono will stop after 1 hour.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

Ahh, Ive never left it running to see so assumed it would carry on until reset.

Craftsman
    I keep looking at these but worry it will wear a bit too big with the 52mm lug to lug and the big dial. Can anyone with a 7 inch wrist comment on this? Love the functionality and everyone raves about the quality, so the size is the main thing holding me back.

Lots of wierd ideas here.
    The chrono does not stop after an hour. I have no idea where you got that from. It just keeps going. In normal use (with all subdials installed) this is a 12-hour chrono movement anyhow.
    The hour and minute hands are not re-used for the chrono either. There are 4 central hands. H and M for the time and M and S for the chrono.
    Do also note that the movement hour hacks ( the hour hand moves back and forth in one hour increments on the first crown setting position to change timezones when you travel) and if you so desire, you can pre-set the chrono to work as a countdown.
    They are great watches, search on here using Paolo Fanton for my review if you want. Personally I think it is one of the best executed watches of recent years.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I really like the idea of reusing the minute and hour hands for the chronograph, I have not seen that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Do also note that the movement hour hacks ( the hour hand moves back and forth in one hour increments on the first crown setting position to change timezones when you travel) and if you so desire, you can pre-set the chrono to work as a countdown.
    Hi Dave,

This is really interesting to read! I had no idea about these really very useful features, even after reading the sales site for the watch.

Can you explain how to preset the chrono for a countdown?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Eh?
    Sorry, I must be thinking about a different module. I blame Alzheimer's.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Hi Dave,

This is really interesting to read! I had no idea about these really very useful features, even after reading the sales site for the watch.

Can you explain how to preset the chrono for a countdown?
    Roughly, from memory. If you unscrew the crown to position 1, you can then use the pushers to position the chronograph hands. When you screw the crown back in, the position you set becomes the default reset position. So if move the minute hand to 55 (11), the chrono becomes a 5 minute countdown (that keeps running for added time afterwards)

Roughly, from memory. If you unscrew the crown to position 1, you can then use the pushers to position the chronograph hands. When you screw the crown back in, the position you set becomes the default reset position. So if move the minute hand to 55 (11), the chrono becomes a 5 minute countdown (that keeps running for added time afterwards)
    That's a really useful function, and one that would've tipped me to buy the one that was on SC recently! Thank you kindly

Master
    Blog Entries
    A fellow member contacted me ,and I have one inbound.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    A fellow member contacted me ,and I have one inbound.
    Nice one, be interested to see some pictures being worn if thats possible.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Just read this thread and still none the wiser - what's an A13a?

I refuse to google.

I remember when people used to post images

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice one, be interested to see some pictures being worn if thats possible.
    Will do

I’ve had one a few years
    Fantastic value for money, better case finishing than an IWC Pilot chrono that I had
    Very accurate (mines quartz, so no surprise, but an auto is now also available I think)
    When the battery is on the way, the chrono function stops working, so it kind of gives you a heads-up that you need to change it
    As with a Lemania 5100 etc, I doubt that you’ll find an easier to operate and read chrono, apart from digital.
    Excellent watch

Master
    The proposed auto chrono version didn’t get off the ground so the quartz is the only option available.

Read this

Ref the independent setting of the second and minute chrono hands the crown needs to be unscrewed and pulled out to its first click, after that the second hand can be moved by the lower pusher (one push advances one second or hold it to spin the hand), after which pushing the upper chrono button once switches the lower one to advance the minute hand in the same manner. As already said, the hour hand advances in hour increments with the crown pulled out to its second position and then rotated - it's a clever movement, one that originated as a Seiko mechaquartz IIRC that was adapted to mimic the Lemania 5100

To answer the question ref lume it's not great, in fact I'd say that there are two weak points to the watch, the second one being that the chrono hand counterweights occasionally partially obscure the regular time keeping hands, such are the size of them - these were revised on the auto version, the counterweights are notably smaller. Other than those points I really enjoy wearing mine, it works very well with a variety of straps as well.

Here's a shot of the raised minute track, there to counter parallax error, plus a few more on different straps.

Parallax

A-13A

A-13A

A-13A
    Last edited by CardShark; 5th April 2021 at 18:03.

Recently owned one after having it on my list for a while.
    It's a great watch, the perfect flieger / mission timer in many ways. Well put together and with a solid back story.
    My only gripe was the size, and that's a very personal thing of course. So off it went to a better home I'm sure.

Some pics for good order:

Read this
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Ref the independent setting of the second and minute chrono hands the crown needs to be unscrewed and pulled out to its first click, after that the second hand can be moved by the lower pusher (one push advances one second or hold it to spin the hand), after which pushing the upper chrono button once switches the lower one to advance the minute hand in the same manner. As already said, the hour hand advances in hour increments with the crown pulled out to its second position and then rotated - it's a clever movement, one that originated as a Seiko mechaquartz IIRC that was adapted to mimic the Lemania 5100
    Thank you both, you've done far more explaining of the functions than I could find on the sales site. It does seem to be an extremely functional watch.

Craftsman
    I got on the list for the first issues , I’ve worn it every day since. It’s the perfect watch is you’re happy with quartz. Especially in the lefty version!

Last edited by David@; 6th April 2021 at 10:53.

I owned one for about 2 weeks it was nice the lume was only applied to hands not to the numerals around the display but a very well made and legible watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David@ View Post
    I got on the list for the first issues , I’ve worn it every day since. It’s the perfect watch is you’re happy with quartz. Especially in the lefty version!

I thought tat was the automatic which never materealised at first glance!
    i didnt know there was a lefty available?

Craftsman
    I thought tat was the automatic which never materealised at first glance!
    i didnt know there was a lefty available?
    Yes available to order , it’s not an option on the website but just ask Paolo.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I ordered a Haveston strap to go with it.Eight inch wrist .

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I ordered a Haveston strap to go with it.Eight inch wrist .

Very nice combo